A little project I have been working on lately. Part of the Ghent Haven area which so far I have the factory and warehousing buildings done. More will be added and I expect it will grow quite large with what I have planned.

16412658933_709fcd2ebd_z.jpgHarbour MOC update. by michaelozzie1, on Flickr

16412658553_2aa1a2979a_z.jpgHarbour MOC update. by michaelozzie1, on Flickr

17031947151_4c6ca66d21_z.jpgHarbour MOC update. by michaelozzie1, on Flickr

16412660863_4b46148293_z.jpgHarbour MOC update. by michaelozzie1, on Flickr

beautiful

it looks very realistic

what a beautiful loco's

really great

pity that the good old green locomotives

now all disappear

beautiful

it looks very realistic

what a beautiful loco's

really great

pity that the good old green locomotives

now all disappear

Thanks Patrick. Yes I miss a lot of the older green Locomotives. Hoping to MOC a few more of them soon.

Good Lord!

Do tell me, what dock are you replicating? I work for Infrabel at Gent-Zeehaven so that really close by!

so exited! :D

Good Lord!

Do tell me, what dock are you replicating? I work for Infrabel at Gent-Zeehaven so that really close by!

so exited! :D

The warehouse building is part of the VVM works on the Grootdok. Where the factory building stands now will be where I build the cement silos at a later date.

Really impressive - love the structures and crane!

My *only* recommendation would be that you consider sporadically slipping in some more off-colored round flats, and/or some 2x2 rounds. You did a fantastic job mixing in a healthy dose of texture to the little wall adjacent the water, I think similarly breaking up that huge section of 1x1 round flat grey tiles could aid the aesthetics nicely.

Overall fantastically done!

OMG, I'm just speechless; so many details, such an attention to proportions, and... the size of the whole thing :classic: !

Congratulatin for this marvelous work.

I have a soft spot for Ghent, it was basically my first trip abroad, and I loved the city and the people I met.

Do you have links to pictures of the real dock, and then I want to see more of your green shunter locomotive, it looks great.

Fantastic work of patience on the cobble stone pavement with the 1x1 round tiles...

very nice, love the building and the crane. One thing though, cobblestones are never this straigth, specially not in a zone with heavy traffic (specially not in Belgium, they can't even get a highway flat), maybe replace some of the 1x1 round tiles with 1x1x2/3 slopes to represent that a bit

Edited by Barduck

Really a beautiful moc with a very "professional" look. Compliments both for trains that for buildings.

Oh wow, that looks like a really great build both in terms of the structures and the trains. The detail really comes alive.

+1 for everything everyone has said already!!!

Those photos are great. The green train actually makes me want to build a 6+ wide engine for the first time!!!

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated.

very nice, love the building and the crane. One thing though, cobblestones are never this straigth, specially not in a zone with heavy traffic (specially not in Belgium, they can't even get a highway flat), maybe replace some of the 1x1 round tiles with 1x1x2/3 slopes to represent that a bit

No Belgians were hired in the laying of the cobblestones so they are nice and straight :tongue: but I will look into your idea as the build progresses.

The next part I have to replicate is this area of silos. Suggestions on ways to build the silos are welcome.

16844580137_3ca72ef4ec.jpgVVM-Grootdok-Port-of-Ghent-2014-04-05-2wi7gxv74ylxxb1wspko3k by michaelozzie1, on Flickr

Like specially the green one loco, have you some more photos? :sweet:

Thanks and yes I will post more pictures of the locomotives tomorrow when I'm home.

Some photos of the locomotives as requested

17042824976_17e31d1d15.jpgLocomotives by michaelozzie1, on Flickr

17068038421_23593c09b6.jpgLocomotives by michaelozzie1, on Flickr

16861391147_099ca0d112.jpgLocomotives by michaelozzie1, on Flickr

16880998748_60b9f91885.jpgLocomotives by michaelozzie1, on Flickr

16880983258_5ac4e2c521.jpgLocomotives by michaelozzie1, on Flickr

Also I have begun the next module. Bricklink orders are underway so I must now patiently wait for them to arrive.