Sign in to follow this  
Opproperaar

Lego commercial

While I was happily (and aimlessly) surfing around on trusted youtube I came across this :-$ :

Lego commercial

Born in 1991 I do think I'd be able to remember this but since they speak English I don't think it was even on Belgian TV. *sweet*

What a funny commercial... Well, thanks for posting! But it appears we already have a thread about this. ;-)

Although, at second thought, that one's only about commercials, this thread is about this one in particular huh?

So I won't close it.

Mr Tiber

oops there is? hmm I must pay more attention then :S

but yeah sure why not? it is about this one in particular (if that keeps me out of trouble) *chukles and grins, laughs to himself

Anyway, it's funny, if you look at it now it's so cheesy. Lego MANIAC *warning MANIAC not included

I don't remember seeing this commercial in my youth.

But then again, I have a very bad memory :-D

It's funny to see how primitive this is made.

No walking and talking minifigs, just some static scenes and moving over them with the camera.

Pure nostalgia... thanks for posting Ruben.

Edited by Bonaparte

I remember when they used to have all the "Lego Maniac" themed commercials, all of them were as cheesy as this one

*wishes I could build as fast as that kid* :-P

I've never seen this maniac boy, but I remember a town commercial from the late 80's where a lego train rides trough a childrens room and the lego city is build around the moving train with the speed of light.

Marvellous *sweet*

Maniac is right! What idiot in their right mind would destroy a Skulls Eye Schooner like that! :-X I think I'm gonna be sick! ;-)

Maniac is right! What idiot in their right mind would destroy a Skulls Eye Schooner like that! :-X I think I'm gonna be sick! ;-)

Wouldn't an idiot in their right mind be doing idiotic things? X-D

But yeah, I destroyed my Skulls Eye Schooner and pimped it out. Just normal things to make it more realistic like 20' inch chrome rims and a Playstation 2 in the captains quarters.

To stay on topic, I remember how awesome these commericials were, because they inspired me to buy more Lego. I loved them! I love youtube for seeing all this stuff. Brings back great memories.

Edited by Sting

Admiral Woodhouse would love to be responsible for such destruction to the Skulls Eye Schooner.

Curses! And I liked Woodhouse! ;-)

What a funny commercial... Well, thanks for posting! But it appears we already have a thread about this. ;-)

Although, at second thought, that one's only about commercials, this thread is about this one in particular huh?

So I won't close it.

You could always merge the threads should this thread not exceed 20 posts...

And it doesn't seem like that's going to happen. How many more pirate commercials are there than this one? ... I don't find anymore.