Sign in to follow this  
def

Pelly's Paradise Day One: Huh?

How would we all know the properties of a costume, though?

That's if a to-be lynched player reveals their costume's role, and it's powerful enough that everyone decides it would be better for town to keep it in-game(e.g., not lynching that player, at least not that night) if the ability is ever needed.

Brickelodeon, what 'actual progress' could I have possibly derailed? From what I was reading, no one was giving any sort of theories on how to draw out the scum.

Yes, I focused on some of the minutiae from earlier today. It's usually those small details where scum slip up.

Let me think of a way to describe "actual progress". How about, "helpful to catching the scum", or "not distracting from catching the scum".

The reasoning bit is arguably scummier; funnily enough I seem to remember a talking pear tree doing exactly the same thing in another... game long ago, where The Flash was host. We lynched this tree and he turned up Scum...

Never heard of that... You should see your doctor. :D

Pelly enters the room to send a message:

16849053608_7bb4ea4beb_o.png

"......"

"He says he thinks you look ridiculous."

How would we all know the properties of a costume, though?

Presumably the person we're about to lynch would tell us all what the costume does? I don't know why you're so confused about this. It's really quite odd, and not in a good way.

Brickelodeon, I'm getting an Alastair vibe right now.

Don't be an Alastair.

Presumably the person we're about to lynch would tell us all what the costume does? I don't know why you're so confused about this. It's really quite odd, and not in a good way.

Ok, sorry. The way you phrased it seemed like we would be able to know a costume's ability before someone chose it.

Brickelodeon, I'm getting an Alastair vibe right now.

Don't be an Alastair.

Alastair was a scared scum, I'm going to be a fighting townie. I'm not going to be one of those people who is too afraid of being lynched to be helpful. So far I've given good arguments and made fair accusations. If you have a problem with that, then I think we should take a closer look at who you are allied with.

I'm going to be a fighting townie.

Does that mean you're not one right now? :look::tongue:

As the last thing left, Stickfig gets the pompadour.

Excellent!

But a random lynch has an extremely large chance to cut down our numbers.

No-lynches are never good play.

This seems to be, what's the phrase, "scum or dumb"?

Yes.

Vote: (Mary Jane) Jack Jonespaw

After my mistake earlier, and the speed with which you jumped to ask if I was scum, I was starting to wonder the possibility about you being scum, but that's a good point about the penalty votes.

Excellent, "revenge wondering".

I've played with Jack before, and he does this kind of thing as Town. Not dismissing his comments, but his suggestion of a No Lynch is a perfect example of how he plays. It's not really alignment indicative, coming from him.

Defense noted.

I'm keeping my mind open to the possibility of the costumes being related to the roles, but I'm intentionally reminding myself that that may very well not be the case.

"He would like you to know that a) your costumes may come with abilities and b) those abilities will be consistent from day to day. As well, the scum among you will be able to use the abilities at there discretion, while the vanillas will have no choice but to don there costumes at night. And the scum may select their killer, so 'staying at home' at night does not prove them innocent."

Read the rules!

This is advantageous for the town, though. If we know that there's a killing costume, and someone immediately lunges for the killing costume, that says a lot about their motives.

Agreed. I actually wonder if it would be beneficial to reveal the kill costume, if there is one. That way, we can make sure it doesn't secretly remain in the hands of the scum, and allows us to scrutinise the kill choice of whoever picks it. I suppose there's a risk the scum would want to get rid of the role, but it is as useful to us as it is to them (unless there's some sort of rule that prevents them from using two kills at once). Plus, it would likely be guarded by a protector, watcher or something similar.

I have a hard time reading the thread because being on my mobile and wifi doesn't work everywhere on this ship.

First time playing this kind of mafia, I agree that the kill roles should be known to town.

Is it Okay (not ok-ey) to reveal them in thread or is it some how under penalty? Guess not but don't wanna risk anything.

Pelly enters the room to send a message:

16849053608_7bb4ea4beb_o.png

"......"

"He says he thinks you look ridiculous."

I think we look good, especially with big iron helmet.

Is it Okay (not ok-ey) to reveal them in thread or is it some how under penalty?

You can reveal anything you want in thread as long as you're not quoting from PMs. PMs don't 'exist' in this game.

Vote Tally

JackJonespaw 1 (stickfig)

Hooray for being on the 'wrong' side of the world... might as well be the dark side of the moon.

Hooray for being on the 'wrong' side of the world... might as well be the dark side of the moon.

what are you rabbbling about, we are on the right side of the world! And you are superman, you can fly around the world so fast that you can change time, Daa. [wink]

You can reveal anything you want in thread as long as you're not quoting from PMs. PMs don't 'exist' in this game.

Okay (not ok-ey)

Re-reading the rules I think it's pretty clear that there is in fact a kill costume and it appears as though the kill ability will be mandatory which means we really need to be looking at 2 suspects everyday; one for the lynch and one for the Vig.

I don't think revealing the kill costume is a good idea seeing that once this is revealed, that person will most likely systematically be targeted by the scum for a kill. I was thinking that to circumvent this we could potentially cast another non-official vote for a secondary target for the vig to kill; thoughts?

Day One lynch revealing their costume is especially key - it's totally possible that we'll lynch an important costume (like a cop or a vigilante) and spend a lot of time in succeeding days wondering where it is.

Absolutely agree. This seems like it will be a confusing game regardless - nights will be difficult to untangle with so many actions flying around. The scum will have a leg up on figuring things out, so we have to combat it.

As for costumes and roles being related, I don't see any chance of that, it goes against the natural order of these things.

I agree. Pelly would never run things that way.

I'd be shocked if any of the costumes were a kill ability. Cop/watcher/blocker/etc, sure. But vig? Don't think so.

I think there is most likely a kill costume. It seems like there are exclusively vanillas on the side of the town... but looking back maybe I am reading that wrong? I assumed the "all of you are vanilla except the ones who aren't" to refer to the scum/third-party, but maybe the town has power roles? I highly doubt it, though, in which case I think there must be a kill costume.

Voting is open. Voting is mandatory. It is not about reaching majority. Top votes gets lynches. Participation is mandatory :sweet:

Is it mandatory?

Agreed. I actually wonder if it would be beneficial to reveal the kill costume, if there is one. That way, we can make sure it doesn't secretly remain in the hands of the scum, and allows us to scrutinise the kill choice of whoever picks it.

Absolutely agreed that the kill costume, if there is one, should be revealed. Maybe we could always just have whoever has it kill the person who gets the second most votes? The only danger would be the scum trying to knock it out during the night, but we could potentially safe guard against that - the scum will learn what the pills are faster, but we have more people to lock them down with.

Defense noted.

Hmm...it's interesting how you've chosen to interpret my post that way.

Agreed. I actually wonder if it would be beneficial to reveal the kill costume, if there is one. That way, we can make sure it doesn't secretly remain in the hands of the scum, and allows us to scrutinise the kill choice of whoever picks it. I suppose there's a risk the scum would want to get rid of the role, but it is as useful to us as it is to them (unless there's some sort of rule that prevents them from using two kills at once). Plus, it would likely be guarded by a protector, watcher or something similar.

I actually agree.

So we can't PM other (cos)players?

I don't think revealing the kill costume is a good idea seeing that once this is revealed, that person will most likely systematically be targeted by the scum for a kill. I was thinking that to circumvent this we could potentially cast another non-official vote for a secondary target for the vig to kill; thoughts?

I think it's highly likely that we have a protector, tracker or watcher costume to prevent the scum from targeting the person with the killing costume. And even if we don't, the risks for scum of killing the "Vig" would outweigh the rewards.

I think there is most likely a kill costume. It seems like there are exclusively vanillas on the side of the town... but looking back maybe I am reading that wrong? I assumed the "all of you are vanilla except the ones who aren't" to refer to the scum/third-party, but maybe the town has power roles? I highly doubt it, though, in which case I think there must be a kill costume.

My Role PM told me that all of the Town are vanilla Town, and that the scum would be getting a copy of it so we could not cheat. I think this speaks for itself, and since every player received this information, it confirms that there are no town PRs, only costumes.

I think that there is a kill costume, but inside I don't want there to be. Once the scum find out what it is, they will be getting two kills each night. The town circle needs to find out what piece it is, and protect it. The good news is, if the scum do find it before we do, once we find out what it is, we have a clear path to several of the scum. It will be hard to discern whether it was used by the scum or by a townie though.

At this time, I would like to Vote: Walter Kovacs (Walter Kovacs)

I have already given my argument against him, and it seems like he doesn't want to put a lot of effort into defending himself. Speak up Walter, I don't want to lynch you if you are town.

Hmm...it's interesting how you've chosen to interpret my post that way.

I actually agree.

(snip)

I'm pretty sure we can PM each other, we just can't quote the PMs we receive from the host.

The real disadvantage for town is that the scum have an estimated 5 players, and therefore figure out what 5 costumes do every night. So we should expect that by day 3, the scum team will be zeroing in on certain costumes. Whoever gets the investigator role had better start building a town block pronto, were gonna need it.

I'm on the fence about this. How will we know that the person who takes it the next day isn't scum? And if we're losing costumes on a regular basis, we run the risk of losing the protector and then losing the kill costume. It's a totally plausible play that the scum would sacrifice one of their own to get rid of the vigilante.

By the time we get to Day Three we should pay close attention to people who select the same costume that they picked today, since you can't pick the same costume two days in a row.

'PM' as much as you like, just don't quote anything in thread, Consider a PM something you heard, not something on record.

The movie Pelly is currently watching. 12 points to anyone who guesses it.

17042184845_c9a5a50eb6_o.png

I'm on the fence about this. How will we know that the person who takes it the next day isn't scum? And if we're losing costumes on a regular basis, we run the risk of losing the protector and then losing the kill costume. It's a totally plausible play that the scum would sacrifice one of their own to get rid of the vigilante.

The first point isn't really a danger if we affectively vote off two people (aka lynch someone and pick someone else for the night kill). Even if the scum get the costume, they'd still have to follow through with the plan or everyone would know the next morning. The second point is worth considering. We can absolutely protect it for a long time...

It really boils down to this: the scum will know where it is in a few days if it's still in play at that time. I think that it would be best if we put it out in the open so that they can't possibly mis-use it in that time.

It's not that I don't want to defend myself, it's RL interfering. Easter is important to a fair amount of the world population.

At the time I made my large post, the only talk going on was fluffy or about the costumes. I posted a theory, which I admit is likely flimsy, in order to get some real discussion going.

Getting the scum to talk is the only way we'll find them this early. And talking about costumes isn't trying to find scum.

I am town. More important, I think Brickelodeon is Town as well. If I had to place my trust in anyone this early, I'd put it in him. This is likely a situation where both Brick and I are both Town.

I'm not ready to vote for anyone just yet. I haven't noticed anything scummy yet.