danth

Friends/Elves + Chima = Fabuland 2? Hear me out... [Pic]

So I bought my first Friends set today. I'm a middle aged man but these sets are too cool. I'm not a fan of the mini-dolls because I just like the traditional Lego minifigs too much, but the sets and colors are great.

Anyway, I was thinking. These sets remind me of something. The peaceful setting, the whimsical designs, the fancy architecture and flowers, the non-standard minifigs. Where have I seen this before? Oh yeah, Fabuland. I LOVE Fabuland.

Anyway, I wanted to stick some of my Chima heads on the minidolls but sadly regular minifig heads don't work (unless you use something like a 1x1 round plate with a hole in it as an adapter but that makes for a strangly long neck). So I used some Collectible Minifigure bodies with Chima heads. I think it works!

dC0C8jj.jpg?3

Fabuland was so idyllic and quaint. Maybe they can bring it back! If they use the minifigure dolls as a base all the better, because the old Fabuland figures didn't use the standard minifig body either.

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Edited by danth

I love it! If they sold the Friends sets with figs like this I would definitely buy them.

Agreed... I like the Friends AND Elves sets, I just don't like the minidolls - and LEGO is too expensive to throw away the most expensive parts of the sets (and really, who wants to buy them?)

This is a great idea, though. Sadly minidolls have caught on... I wish they just used regular minifigures.

With a new paint job, many of the Chima head/helmet(?) moulds would look quite friendly. Some of them have moulded-in armour and such and those wouldn't work, but the side characters look a little more plain and their moulds would be perfect.

This MOC kinda scares me, no offense. It doesn't help that you've picked one of the creepier Chima figs to mind the stall... an easygoing gorilla might fit in better. Also, did the animals in Fabuland have their own pets? The implications of the puppy off to the side are mildly uncomfortable. :tongue:

Agreed... I like the Friends AND Elves sets, I just don't like the minidolls - and LEGO is too expensive to throw away the most expensive parts of the sets (and really, who wants to buy them?)

I wouldn't mind buying them, if the price is right! I love the mini-dolls, and have been looking into possibly getting into the customizing game. Mini-doll customization is a fairly new practice, so it might take some trial and error to get the results I want... so extras wouldn't bother me in the least. :wub:

Also, the image of ANYONE just throwing away Lego makes me cringe. Din't yo' mama teach you better?

I would totally be in favor for a Fabuland 2.0, especially if the figures' parts were compatible with minifigures.

Looking at that tuba and accordion at the top of this forum, this theme would be a great place to get new molds for minifigure accessories and the like.

To be honest, I feel your figures are completely devoid of the creepiness the original Fabuland figures had, so this idea seems that much more intriguing to me.

I can totally see that one. I am not a massive fan of minidolls either, but I've kind of warmed to them. Still, minifigs rule! I may have to get a few Chima sets now... :)

tuskel,

sincerely

I didn't have even the faintest idea of Fabuland when looking at Chima but now it's stuck in my head thanks to this. Haha. Anywho I think this is a fun way of taking those characters out of the warzone and into the friendzone. :wink: While I'm not a personal fan of the minidolls, I like them all the same and think they are actually quite good.

I never though of this and it's truly interesting. But sadly the Chima warriors don't look very friendly :tongue: and only particular ones and several CMF costumes work. Still, as long as Friends' Heartlake City is closer to the real world setting, you need to MOC some fairylands to make it Fabuland.

This is a great idea, though. Sadly minidolls have caught on... I wish they just used regular minifigures.

Well no matter what figures they are, I like the products and the characters as same as other minifigure themes. Of course it would be nice if LEGO could reconsider it.

I never though of this and it's truly interesting. But sadly the Chima warriors don't look very friendly :tongue:

Yeah, most of the wolves from Chima look like they would rather eat their patrons than serve them. Haha. Well except for Windra, the still only lady wolf of their tribe (that I know of), seems friendly enough.

I was just thinking about it the other day that with Chima heads I could make an Animal Crossing MOC. However a lot of the heads are very creepy for such a cartoony world.

This is great. Love this style remix. I'm also a big Fabuland fan, as it was the fist LEGO I had as a child. I wish they tried an updated Fabuland angle to bring more girls into LEGO than the Friends concept.

Also I love playing Animal Crossing for that same reason, it evokes that bucolic little animal village essence that I love about Fabuland.

But sadly the Chima warriors don't look very friendly :tongue:

Yeah, most of the wolves from Chima look like they would rather eat their patrons than serve them.

However a lot of the heads are very creepy for such a cartoony world.

Luckily the faces are only printed on. I imagine the head sculpts themselves would work fine.

Dude, this is awesome. I hope you don't mind if I make a series of MOCs of Friends + Chima = Fabuland 2. I need SOMETHING to do with all those Chima figures. :grin:

Dude, this is awesome. I hope you don't mind if I make a series of MOCs of Friends + Chima = Fabuland 2. I need SOMETHING to do with all those Chima figures. :grin:

Please do! I would love to see them.

Might I suggest adding a Nesquick bunny (that guy on the left there) if you can find one? :)

I'm also fan of "GIRL" sets lego produce, as much I love old good Fabuland. Actualy Elves becamse "new castle" theme for me!

I also can'tb wait to see more Fabuland x Chima x Friends crossovers!