Sign in to follow this  
Legoroni

[LDD MOC] Octan F1 Car

Breaking news! Octan has just bought the struggling Manor F1 Team and have unveiled their new car, the OR01, set to debut at next weekend's LEGO City Grand Prix. Also, both drivers have lost their seats to rookies Clutch Powers and Emmet Brickowski. Let's take a look at their entry.

16817406087_b6390f2053_c.jpg

Octan F1 Front 3/4 by Legoroni, on Flickr

Here's the front view. It is great to see those Octan colors finally make it to the F1 grid. The nose looks a bit long, which is an interesting choice as many other teams have been trying to shorten theirs.

16402391304_f937e0323a_c.jpg

Octan F1 Top View by Legoroni, on Flickr

Here's the top view where we can see their packaging. It doesn't seem to be as tight as other teams but it should get the job done well.

16837041328_a0bdb44850_c.jpg

Octan F1 Front by Legoroni, on Flickr

Here's a head on view. The front wing design looks interesting; we'll see how well it works soon.

17023947391_7f7bacb307_c.jpg

Octan F1 Rear 3/4 by Legoroni, on Flickr

Here's the most interesting part. The bottom looks unusually thick which can't possibly be competitive against the other teams.

Anyways, I finally figured out how to render LDD files, so here's my first rendered MOC, an Octan Formula 1 Car. Here's the LDD File, if you're interested. Let me know what you think.

stunning F1 car.

Im looking for a few fellow F1 fans here, to see if they would be interested in designing fig scale F1 cars... we could make a bit of rivalry out of it.

Cool F1 design.......I hope you or someone might try a brick built version ?

Brick On Race On 'Legoroni' ! :grin:

Thanks everyone!

I do want to make this in the brick along with more cars (maybe even part of a track), but I need to first figure out a better way to build the floor and the rear body work. I can't figure out how to connect the tiles for the floor without a plate underneath, so if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Nice build! I recently got the Speed Champions McLaren-Mercedes F1 Pit Stop set and thought an Octan version of that whole set (especially the car) would be fun.

Yours looks like an greatly improved version of the car that came in the 60025 Race Car Transporter set.

Nice! I wonder what will happen when formula * racing converts to electric motors. Will they have speakers to emulate the roar for the crowds! Clive Sinclair was well ahead of his time with the C5, or rather, technology has been held back since the 80s to profit from oil and car manufacture.

Edited by bemuser

Here's the Lotus E23 with a bunch of updates to the design. The livery didn't work as well as I wanted, but I think its the best I can do. This will probably be the last one for a bit.

17030211796_e08cc1be21_c.jpg

Lotus E23 by Legoroni, on Flickr