The new pirate sets give us great new possibilities.

Here comes the army of Eslandola (is it?):

greencoats3.jpg

greencoats2.jpg

greencoats1.jpg

Things you might be asking:

- Bicorne: Was initially black and then painted by my wife (thanks!).

- Tricornes: PoTC

- Good pistols, rapier and musket: 3rd party pirate provider (3ppp).

Very great greencoats, Cap. Braunsfeld! I wish Pick a Brick online for The Netherlands have the new Pirate torso's available in their shop.

That actually looks really great, awesome combos. Great work Cap.

I was talking about them a few days ago with Sebeus... As I have to wait 8 more days before I will be able to buy the pirate sets (I love discounts!!), I hadn't see the result myself. I love it!!! Great job and thanks a lot !!

Nice figures, maybe you can give the officers this dark green outfit?

973pb1244c01.jpg?1

That is a good idea. I had almost forgotten this torso (I must have it somewhere... in small numbers...)

Very nice, I own 4 of those torsos already, and got about 6 more on the way. We should create a back story about the fact that each greencoat soldier has that tiny coin bag at their belt. Like they are required to keep a months wage on their person at all times, to pay for burial costs incase of death. Or, its a superstition of some sort, like the money can "pay" for them to get into the next afterlife upon death, like the ancient Greeks. Or its part of the Greencoat uniform due to a requirement of the King or Queen of Esplandola wanting all the soldiers to remember to whoms service they are paid to fight for. Or maybe the average Greencoat soldier is a degenerate gambler, and would never be caught without his gambling money.

You guys get the picture,there could be tons of cool reasons for why all Greencoat soldiers wear that coin purse.

Edited by Dunedain

Nice army Captain B. I need to get that torso. :wub:

Thanks. Yepp, the torso is good.

Very nice, I own 4 of those torsos already, and got about 6 more on the way. We should create a back story about the fact that each greencoat soldier has that tiny coin bag at their belt.

That is for the King's shilling.

Celebrating the promotion with a show of force I see pir_laugh2.gif

Yepp pir_laugh2.gif

But let me add that I am very happy to see so many responses. In the past months it was difficult to get so much feedback in total - and now this is just what is happening during one day!

Meaning: We are on the right track. The pirate forum has come back to life!

Hooraaay!!

I put together these greencoats last year as riflemen. They don't have coin bags, but they do have very tall hats!

green_men.jpg

Edited by Plaid Beard

I put together these greencoats last year as riflemen. They don't have coin bags, but they do have very tall hats!

green_men.jpg

They look are looking very very good. The torso is very expensive but for the officers a great idea.

Very nice, I own 4 of those torsos already, and got about 6 more on the way. We should create a back story about the fact that each greencoat soldier has that tiny coin bag at their belt. Like they are required to keep a months wage on their person at all times, to pay for burial costs incase of death. Or, its a superstition of some sort, like the money can "pay" for them to get into the next afterlife upon death, like the ancient Greeks. Or its part of the Greencoat uniform due to a requirement of the King or Queen of Esplandola wanting all the soldiers to remember to whoms service they are paid to fight for. Or maybe the average Greencoat soldier is a degenerate gambler, and would never be caught without his gambling money.

You guys get the picture,there could be tons of cool reasons for why all Greencoat soldiers wear that coin purse.

Maybe Eslandola has a little bit of German inspiration and most of the troops are mercenaries? They might be a very wealthy country but not have much manpower.

green_men.jpg

The officer looks excellent, but I'm just not seeing it as a uniform for infantry privates or NCOs; it's too ornate in my opinion. Regardless, to each their own. I likely won't be building much to do with this faction anyway.

Edited by 2maxwell

green_men.jpg

They look great!

Thats awesome, I love the muskets with bayonets!!

I think that bayonets are an essential part of soldiers of that time. It just seems that TLG shies away from them (or maybe they are too pointed and therefore unsuitable for small children, etc.)

Pity is that I have run out of bayonets... and shipments from US take ages (or get stuck at customs).

These are some excellent soldiers Captain Braunsfeld! I think that ornate torso would really compliment the platoon well for officers. At the moment if you don't have those I simply think the officer's legs should be a different color. At the moment the green on green looks odd. The men's green on dark green looks great.

also let's not forget this torso!

973px135c01.jpg?0

Yepp - a famous Spanish torso.

I usually keep them for minifigs that look very Spanish - the above greencoats are a bit different to me.

Apparently many of us had the same idea regarding that one pirate torso in particular. My big gripe with the pirate minifigs in general - both classic and modern - is that many of them look cartoonish with the sleeveless striped shirts, excessive use of eye patches, and overall designs that can't be used for anything but pirates or, at the very least, sailors (and for that reason I bought several of the swashbuckler CMF, because the billowing white shirt looks more realistic to me). But this one torso, like a few pirate torsos over the years, can be used for a variety of subjects. Soldiers? Of course. Craftsmen or tradesmen? Why not? Citizens in general? Yes, yes, yes! When I got the first of my 10 I immediately gave the figure a sensible head and a black tricorne and was amazed at how good it looked. Captain, your soldiers look very good to my eyes just the way they are. With regards to BoBS, short of an explicit design standard I suppose we'll see quite a bit of variety, and this should work well. As for me...well, I prefer real historic subjects over fiction, so I'm thinking about making Ethan Allen and the "Green Mountain Boys," for reasons which I hope to eventually make clear. Excellent design, and as always, keep it up!

Apparently many of us had the same idea regarding that one pirate torso in particular. My big gripe with the pirate minifigs in general - both classic and modern - is that many of them look cartoonish with the sleeveless striped shirts, excessive use of eye patches, and overall designs that can't be used for anything but pirates or, at the very least, sailors (and for that reason I bought several of the swashbuckler CMF, because the billowing white shirt looks more realistic to me). But this one torso, like a few pirate torsos over the years, can be used for a variety of subjects. Soldiers? Of course. Craftsmen or tradesmen? Why not? Citizens in general? Yes, yes, yes! When I got the first of my 10 I immediately gave the figure a sensible head and a black tricorne and was amazed at how good it looked. Captain, your soldiers look very good to my eyes just the way they are. With regards to BoBS, short of an explicit design standard I suppose we'll see quite a bit of variety, and this should work well. As for me...well, I prefer real historic subjects over fiction, so I'm thinking about making Ethan Allen and the "Green Mountain Boys," for reasons which I hope to eventually make clear. Excellent design, and as always, keep it up!

Black tricorne also looks fine. I happened to run out of black tricornes with white rim and then I found the tan tricornes...

And right: The torso could also work for a merchant, etc.

It's possible to make the green Imperial armada torso look like a non-officer...

greencoat_musketeer.jpg

And Capt B, I'm surprised you didn't go this route for your greencoats (check the headgear):

greencoat_w_morion.jpg

Nice idea for a 3rd nation army (besides bluecoats and redcoats that is)! Or maybe personal bodyguards of a wealthy Duke? Or just hirelings? :-)

Keep building pirates! Our time has come! Just give us wheels on the new canons and different colored epaulettes (other than white) and we can rule the world just like we did at 2010-11

P.S: Gunmetal bayonettes FTW!

Edited by blackdeathgr

awesome figs capt. guess I'll have to go and get them myself now!