So I created this topic to see what future projects you might have. Hopefully this can become a source of inspiration for people that can't think of something to build or just want to find a cool idea.

My future projects:

Tuned Nissan GT-R

http://www.gtspirit.com/2013/01/19/fast-and-furious-6-blue-nissan-r35-gt-r/

Features:

Lowering suspension

Small scale

Two speed automatic gearbox

Studless body

Anyone recognize the GT-R?

So what future projects do you guys have?

A few ideas I have are:

Kenworth K104 tri-drive tractor unit

International T line dump truck

Scraper

Kenworth K104 8x4 dropside tipper with matching 4 axle trailer (requires parts from 42043 to complete)

A GBC, based on a bucket wheel excavator, with some bionicle parts 'never' used before

57702.jpg57702.jpg?1

depositphotos_6121949-Bucket-wheel-excavator-isolated-on-white.jpg

I am designing an 8x8 with locking diffs and maybe planetary hubs at the moment in LDD. I am probably going to build NKubate's Predator as well. I am also going to build a machine similar to Nico71's Yes/No sculpture for the Brickvention next year and make a GBC module around it

Are you going for a 'new', 'weathered' or 'totaled' (after a side crash) look? :grin:

I'm thinking of this, but not sure how to capture the body panel shapes accurately

IMG_20150327_132456695.jpg

In my opinion - it's a issue of scale ;)

The stickers are the best solution

A ball peen hammer will also do the job. Not that I advocate modified Lego bricks. It's just a quick way to achieve that look.

I'm currently working on a small yet fast little car that's really fun to drive. Right now I'm on the bodywork, should be done in a week or so.

Edited by Coola1

I'm attempting to build the Hennessey velociraptor supercharged, which featured in that Top Gear challenge. Progress is slow for me, it should have been finished but I haven't had time to finish it. It will have 4x4 through a 4 speed gearbox (if it even works) via 2 Xl motors. Body will be yellow, with a mix of studless bodying and panels. It will use the 42030 tires with the 42000 wheels. I want to try and make a custom engine, like in brunojj's laferrari. I also want it to be the best off-road technic pickup in terms of off-road capabilities and performance. Also an incredibly strong chassis. Last year I made an off-road suv prototype which could drive down a whole flight of stairs, and I want to make this pickup twice as good as that. If the gearbox works, it should hit a top speed of 5-7kmh (faster than my huracan). But the difference is, I want it to reach 5kmh on just about any terrain offroad.

I'm attempting to build the Hennessey velociraptor supercharged, which featured in that Top Gear challenge. Progress is slow for me, it should have been finished but I haven't had time to finish it. It will have 4x4 through a 4 speed gearbox (if it even works) via 2 Xl motors. Body will be yellow, with a mix of studless bodying and panels. It will use the 42030 tires with the 42000 wheels. I want to try and make a custom engine, like in brunojj's laferrari. I also want it to be the best off-road technic pickup in terms of off-road capabilities and performance. Also an incredibly strong chassis. Last year I made an off-road suv prototype which could drive down a whole flight of stairs, and I want to make this pickup twice as good as that. If the gearbox works, it should hit a top speed of 5-7kmh (faster than my huracan). But the difference is, I want it to reach 5kmh on just about any terrain offroad.

Thats an ambitious project, I like it!

Four speeds I think might hinder the trucks performance. I would go with three.

I have a few ideas for the next few decades (you can +1 them here)...

Lego_Technic_MOC_ideas_201408.png

So far, I've done the BMW R-12 motorbike and attempted the snowmobile (FAIL), the FINSA truck and nothing else. Features for each model are mostly in the air, I'll decide as I build.

I'm currently trying my hand at bodywork, trying to build one for Sheepo's MAP... not going very well :tongue:

can you imagine the size of the bucket wheel excavator if its a complished gonna be huge

Yes, but there has already been an attempt, an entry in the TC5 context. It's a fascinating machine, very complex, and rather 'imposing'

I had a list of things to build, including these that I've had in mind since 2006.

But then I started building GBC modules. I've got enough ideas for that to keep me going well into the future.

Good luck with the pegaso and the komatsu wa-1200 I try to build them...

Thank you! Will certainly need it :blush:

I'm currently working on a road grader, F4U Corsair, and a forwarder (on hold for a while). I'm also working on a fully articulated tandem drive axle assembly for a yet to be determined truck. I may end up with two different axle designs.

Other projects in the planning stages include two different tow trucks, a feller buncher, telehandler, AC700 crane, four different trucks, and some other things I'll probably never build.

I'm currently working on a road grader, F4U Corsair, ...

Looking forward to seeing your F4U Corsair :sweet:

Edited by miguev