A little view inside life in Mitgardia while fierce fighting is going on in Kaliphlin...

Unbenownst to most men in Mitgardia, coin minting is a core domain of the Mitgardian dwarves.

dwarvesmintingcoins11.jpg

And, before I forget it, I would like to claim UoP credits for:

Trade and Law

• manufacturing

Anthropology

• city scene

Now, let us get back to the dwarves:

dwarvesmintingcoins13.jpg

Stage 1: melting of gold:

dwarvesmintingcoins16.jpg

Stage 2: gold is hammered into shape - using modern mechanics.

dwarvesmintingcoins02.jpg

Stage 3: gold is placed upon a belt

dwarvesmintingcoins06.jpg

Stage 4: the actual minting

dwarvesmintingcoins17.jpg

dwarvesmintingcoins19.jpg

The finished coins are then assembled.

dwarvesmintingcoins10.jpg

Thanks for watching.

C&C welcome.

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld

A very nice build Cpt. Braunsfeld, the molding machines are neat and so are the various cranes, anvils, and other details! +1 UoP!

Great job! Like the mechanics! Those banners are also interesting!

Fantastic :classic: - I really like the way you made the carts :thumbup:

Edited by Balbo

:sweet: Thanks.

Fantastic details and a great idea for a build!

Yepp, I think it is the first MOC with this topic.

UoP DoH +1 on both claims.

Muchas gracias.

A very nice build Cpt. Braunsfeld, the molding machines are neat and so are the various cranes, anvils, and other details! +1 UoP!

Thanks (molding machines - that is probably the term).

Great scene CB! I really like the carts :thumbup:

+1 UoP :classic:

:cry_sad: You may praise everything else, but I think the carts are just taken from some other set... :cry_sad:

Great job! Like the mechanics! Those banners are also interesting!

Right! I included the banners to avoid the MOC being just grey, grey and brown.

Nice build and I like the machines! I also like that it's a Dwarven build. :wink:

:wink: Dwarves rule!

Wow. One of my favorites from you! Very nice process you show, with lots of great details.

Thanks. :grin:

Great concept and execution CB! :wub:

Dankeschön.

Nice build!

:sweet:

Fantastic :classic: - I really like the way you made the carts :thumbup:

Ah... the carts ... :cry_sad: (see above).

You might want to focus on the dwarves and the machinery :laugh:

Haha, funny. Beware of the dwarves - they dig too deep and press coins too efficiently.

Oh oh, monsters from the deep and infation approaching. :laugh_hard:

Um I think the dwarves are flooding the economy, just like the American government, with over doing it on the currency. If they make too much, its just gonna be worthless, lol. Seriously though, very nice build and cool concept.

Haha, funny. Beware of the dwarves - they dig too deep and press coins too efficiently.

Oh oh, monsters from the deep and inflation approaching. :laugh_hard:

Thanks.

I am thinking about developing a similar storyline.

Um I think the dwarves are flooding the economy, just like the American government, with over doing it on the currency. If they make too much, its just gonna be worthless, lol. Seriously though, very nice build and cool concept.

Thank you.

As I just said - this gives me a follow-up opportunity for my main character (if I find the time...)

Captain, you've built a very busy little scene that is only the second coin-minting Lego build I've ever seen (although I'm sure there are more). The various tools and mechanics are wonderful. The conveyor might be futuristic, but the press is brilliant and I especially like the large hammer mechanism on the left. I'm not sure how well the large rotating mechanism would work in real life (that exact design, specifically; I know similar real machines exist) but you've definitely made good use of what is otherwise a rather ungainly piece. I don't really care about dwarves or other fictitous races, but I thoroughly enjoy scenes like this that depict something domestic in nature (as opposed to violence and war - there's too much of that in the real world!). Craftsmen, manufacturing, trade - the more the merrier, I say! I really like your building style of mixing classical and advanced techniques, and I'm amazed at how frequently you post new material. Keep on building!

Great mine scene, and the minting machinery is genius :wub:

Excellent chandelier and banner designs too :thumbup:

Thank you guys.

What puzzles me is that I am still missing some "+1" statements from Kaliphlinians...

it is really difficult to get UoP credits

I missed this build in all the excitement of the war, it's superb. A brilliant production line full of perfect details, and a lovely backdrop too. UoP +1 all claims.

I missed this build in all the excitement of the war, it's superb. A brilliant production line full of perfect details, and a lovely backdrop too. UoP +1 all claims.

Which makes it four supporting votes! Thanks (I seem to get stuck at three UoP supports per build....)

:sweet:

My favorite part is your brickbuilt conveyor belt. I don't know if you made it because you don't have the official working lego conveyor, or if you just preferred to build your own. Either way, it's wonderful. Everything else is A+ material as well. Well done. :classic:

My favorite part is your brickbuilt conveyor belt. I don't know if you made it because you don't have the official working lego conveyor, or if you just preferred to build your own.

Thanks!

I don't have an official conveyor, but I probably would not have used it in any case.

It was more fun to build my own (and it was good to put the gold pieces on - which was only difficult for the final coins).