Hi all, some of you may have seen this already, it had been added to the bottom of an old thread a few months ago. The truck is very close to being finished now and its huge! the plumbing has taken me an age to sort because its running with two compressors and six switches!!

Couple of jobs left to do, need a good fifth wheel design and the rear hitch needs better hook up points for attachments - if anyone has any ideas it would be great if you could let me know.

the trailer is a six wheeled monster as well which should be able to carry a load of around 7kg but its still along way off being completed at the moment.

photo_02-04-2015_12_03_44.jpgphoto_02-04-2015_12_04_50.jpgphoto_02-04-2015_12_05_10.jpg

Yeah its powered by two XL motors, one dives the rear diff and the other drives the front diff and the fake six cylinder engine. Servo for steering and the compressors are driven be two large motors.

here is a quick video of it driving

Edited by gti180

I love it. Also more trucks should have an independent setup on the rear.

Thank you. all 4 wheels have an independent set up with stabilizing bars, I will get photo of the underneath later. its probably better to think of the real one as a Unimog more than a truck, MAN don't produce this truck, instead its converted by AMAG into something that has a more utility type form.

I'm trying to make it look something like this...

488628.jpg

That's a real nice truck. Reminds me a ltiile of my Zetros...

Are you planing a tipping trailer like you showed?

As I think the scale of your MAN and my Zetros are nearly the same, I can support your MOC with a fifthwheel I desgned for my Zetros.

I'll post it later when I'm back at my computer...

Edited by Pat-Ard

That's a real nice truck. Reminds me a ltiile of my Zetros...

Are you planing a tipping trailer like you showed?

As I think the scale of your MAN and my Zetros are nearly the same, I can support your MOC with a fifthwheel I desgned for my Zetros.

I'll post it later when I'm back at my computer...

Hi Pat, yeah please do I would like to see your design for the fifth wheel. the trailer wont tip instead it will self unload using a system of tracks in the tippers bed, Because the trailer is large its easier to design it without a tipping function. im not sure if the trailer will attach to the fifth wheel or be a draw bar type that connects to the back yet still trying to work out the best way of doing that part.

Thanks all will give your fifth wheel ago I think it will fit quite well.

heres the extra pics i promised

photo_02-04-2015_17_36_02.jpgphoto_02-04-2015_17_36_22.jpgphoto_02-04-2015_17_37_47.jpg

Edited by gti180

The front looks very nice :thumbup: however, IMHO the area around the windshield could use a little more work.

Wow, the more pics I see, the better it get's! This truck is a real masterpiece!

What about adding some curved slopes like those on the upper half of the mirrors: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=15068

And those on the lower half http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=85984

Oh wait, I have another idea... Have to change to the computer for a lxf...

Here you go...

https://dl.dropboxus.../MAN mirror.lxf

Do you plan any instructions??? :classic:

the chassis is quite modular and can be broken down by cab, compressor units, front axle and rear axle - instructions shoudnt be difficult with those bits, what would be hard is the pipe work. if you look at this picture you can see its a mess!

photo_02-04-2015_17_39_24.jpg

Good looking truck. A bit plain on the front side of the cabin though. A bit more texture might help here.

What's with the double pneumatic handles? Why are they coupled?

Good looking truck. A bit plain on the front side of the cabin though. A bit more texture might help here.

What's with the double pneumatic handles? Why are they coupled?

agro_truck.jpg the idea behind coupling is to be able to control the up and down movement of each attachment via the Lego RC controller. - both auto switches are controlled using the compressor motors.