Sign in to follow this  
Plaid Beard

Torture Island

pirates-indexed.gif Comic

Good day to one and all! So this is my first MOC posting that I wanted to share. I picked this because the first post I ever saw on EB was a pirate comic, and I just saw another one today that I enjoyed.

I made this late last year while designing a new Lego ship to build, and I just felt like making a comic to take a break and have some fun. I apologize for the lighting on this, I know that it is too dark on one side.

Thanks,

Plaid Beard

img_31699726043715.jpeg

Why do I have a feeling that the next scene is only going to show 1 minifigure, a ton of red bricks, and a bunch of smashed bagpipes, lol. Good job, this was actually funny.

Why do I get the feeling that bagpipes could be used as a lethal weapon under certain circumstances? Thanks for a good laugh. As for the build itself, I like the overall composition, especially the pieces of wood (wreckage?) washed up on the sand and all the crabs surrounding poor ole Doug. As already stated, the facial expressions are perfect for that scene. But still...bagpipes? In the pirates forum?! That has to be a first, and a hilarious one at that! Good comic!

Thank you, everyone, for the comments and encouragement. I have a few more comics in the works, but mostly I'm focusing on my ship-building. Hoping to have some pics of my Bluecoat frigate up soon!