Sign in to follow this  
SkaForHire

Warzone 10: The Battle for Petraea

Warzone 10: The Battle for Petraea

Who Can Participate: Everybody (Special)

Terrain: Petraea is the largest city in Kaliphlin. The main governmental buildings are there, the high walls are there (anyone who wants to dig up some links for reference would be my hero), many of the historic monuments of Kaliphlin are there, and the terrain itself is a dusty arid climate, yet irrigated from the Lick of Salt. There are lush gardens within the city’s walls, including the famous Grand and Exquisite Gardens of Petraea. The University of Petraea’s campus is considered one of the wonders of the world itself. The Observatory Of Adus Krhon, on the campus of the university has stood for 500 years and has been a symbol of Kaliplhinite desire to learn since its creation. Some buildings in the city reach five stories, and many live inside of large multifamily housing units made of brick and mud. There are a series of barracks the protect the city, and the main road of Kaliphlin, the Oil Road stretches through the city in one wide straight boulevard.

History: Petraea has been the regional capital of Kaliphlin since the disappearance of Kaligem long ago. It has always been the center of wealth for the guild, and most oil is first brought to market within the walls of the city. As the seat of government, many lords have secondary residences within the city. It is the cultural heart of the desert, and of the Siccus Badlands in general.

Mini-challenge: This is one of the final battles of the Kaliphlin Civil War. All forces will be driving their armies towards the capital, as it is so important culturally and strategically. It is assumed that all three armies have gotten into Petraea, by force or by subterfuge. The many streets and alleys of Petraea have become the battleground. Civilians are trying to keep cover, or flee the city, for war has been brought to the capital. Builders should depict their forces winning the battle in an urban environment. Remember, Petraea is a very rich city, with ornate and spectacular architecture. Even lower-end tenement buildings have a little gild on them.

Restrictions: 48x48, with limited overhang.

Due Date: June 1st

In other words, anything that looks like it belongs in Kaliphlin. :grin:

I personally won't be doing this one for another month and a half at least.

This will be definitly one of the best warzones! Thanks Ska, for creating this!

My Entry:

17344195755_6cd868a155_n.jpg

Edited by marcu22

Who is organizing the votes for this WZ?

MassEditor puts together the WZ voting threads, but this one was extended until the 8th (today) by Ska, so there is still a chance for any last minute entries :wink:

Ok guys, today is the last day to get in entries for Petraea. This is the last WZ of Challenge C so make sure to get your entries in today and posted in this thread! So far we have five entries for DK (MKJoshA, Captain Braunsfeld, Blufiji, Jacob Nion and ME), one for HC (de Gothia) and one for Ulandus (Marcu). Am I missing anyone? C'mon y'all, this is the grand finale of Challenge C so let's see some more entries before the deadline expires! :classic:

I'll post the voting thread for Petraea tomorrow afternoon when the global deadline has expired.

I have a 2/3rds finished build ready, but exams and work are preventing me from finishing it :wacko:

This simply isn't a good period to have the grand finale! :cry_sad:

Good luck to the participants anyway!

And my entry. I'll have better picture tomorrow afternoon "for sure", I'm not sure I'll be able to do it earlier than that as we have a few errands to run!

I don't want to sound like a jerk here but is it really ok to add better photos after the deadline?

I don't want to sound like a jerk here but is it really ok to add better photos after the deadline?

We had that several times during this challenge and nobody did complain. Probably tacit agreement. I guess it's regrettable for cat c, where you had to finish several entries per week and this over two months. Of course that doesn't influence the other, conventional categories where you have months for finishing and taking photos.

As far as I know it's always been permissible for GoH challenges, haven't some people done it previously? Frankly I didn't even think twice about it. As JN said, Garmadon and I (and a few others) have done it several times this challenge, and if it wasn't going to be accepted it should have been mentioned the first time it happened.

As far as it goes, I'm not your competition anyway! ;)

Edit: If anyone's got something to complain about, complain about Dr. Cogg who it seemed to me was quite a while after the deadline? :look:

Edited by Kai NRG