Bitter cold was sweeping into Mitgardia from the north, freezing everything in its path. But the citizens of Mitgardia would not flee, instead the construction of a mighty fortress was ordered, as a base from which to repel this new enemy.

Rekkrfell, the warrior mountain:

overview.JPG

close.JPG

gate.JPG

saw.JPG

crane.JPG

crane2.JPG

pile.JPG

corner.JPG

I will be completing Rekkrfell, and its my biggest castle yet.

C&C welcome :classic:

Awesome... it even looks that those little guys are going faster then I am in real life with my AOM builds lol

Love how you went through the extra trouble to make a finished in progress shot, if I may so express it! The various construction tidbits are very nice! Looking forward to seeing the final thing!

Very nice WIP SK (if I may call it that!), great posing with all the Mitgardians at work! :wink: I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this thing finished! :sweet::thumbup:

Fantastic! :wub:

The cranes look great and I like the posing of the minifigures.

Great job! Love the walls, or the half finished walls.

This looks quite awesome! I think it would look even more awesome if you could include some interesting landscaping as well!

It's not an accident that this is both a WIP and a finished MOC in its own right. And that's all I have to say about that. :P

Beautiful work here, SK. I could and will spend a long time looking at the close-up shots for whatever I can glean of the techniques you used here. It looks like this is going to be an incredibly parts intensive build!

Wonderful scene! I love how well the tiles work as bricks.

It really looks like the walls were built from separate pieces of them.

Fantastic stuff, such a clever idea to put some life into castle building. I love the angled walls, this should make for quite a complex and nicely composed castle. As mentioned, the snow patches look fantastic as do all the great construction actions. I even spy Sir Glorfindel pouring mortar! :laugh:

Awesome build and I really do like the fact that it's a building of them building! :laugh:

Somehow I missed this a month and a half ago. :blush: I really like the wooden touches and stacks of materials laying around, they certainly add a lot to the atmosphere. I do think the splotches of snow would have been more effective as fewer but larger areas of snow cover; all the little white spots are cluttering up the dio a bit too much for me.