Sign in to follow this  
boomblocks

Millennium Falcon 75030 micro fighter build/destroy

Gents,

there is no need to get upset! Cause this is art !!! It may be a kind of provoking art, but it is art.

Maybe there is a serious message behind this video yet? I would highly appreciate if Boomblocks could tell us about his message. Unfortunately I haven’t understood it so far.

Maybe it’s a revival of the medieval iconoclasm?

Or maybe Boomblocks just feels like Pete Townshend or Kurt Cobain smashing their guitars?

Boomblocks, please share your thoughts!

Thanks and kind regards

papacharly

I guess that everyone has a right to do whatever they want with their own possessions, but it just seems like a total waste of a great toy to me :hmpf_bad: I'm sure that loads of kids would have really appreciated it. The internet is a strange place at times.

Obviously you have the right to do what you want with your property, but this just seems like such a disrespectful thing to do.

Wow! Thanks for all the great feedback guys. Let me start by saying, I am a true Lego fan who loves all things Lego, the good, the bad, and the ugly. I am a collector, however bought these sets strictly to combine my favorite things - Stop Motion, Slow Motion, explosions, and Legos. Unfortunately, this is but a mere "Micro" destruction. On my destruction videos I may need to add a disclaimer, lol. I will be using a $50,000 phantom super slow mo camera with plenty of different elements such as, the Sandcrawler on a bed of sand, or the Spongebob sets together in an aquarium full of water, etc. Sadly, I have received an extremely warm welcome from most of my AFOL communities, but not so much here. Hopefully when you see the full vision I can win you guys back over, being that I do feel the biggest connection with AFOL audiences. I know this isn't your usual site content, but sometimes it's fun to keep an open mind and mix it up a bit. The Austin Powers "I'm still alive down here, only very badly burned" reference still kind of makes me laugh, and I think the slow motion at 1:39 is just beautiful. I know it's not for everyone, but if you can get past the Lego death, it may grow on you. Thanks again guys!

Bit of a waste of a tenner, but each to their own I guess. I can only imagine the smell! And it's not your first? I'm surprised you haven't gassed your whole street yet!

Edited by Lord Tyrus

Welcome to Eurobricks, Boomblocks!

I just watched your 7965 movie several times. Especially the minifig scenes are very funny and made me laugh! Excellent job.

I thought the pre-burning part was cool. The burning part just seemed ... pointless. It wasn't done as a comedy bit like that he was going too fast or was tailgating a ship too closely. It wasn't done in some innovative way (thinking of the molten metal videos). It was just a "look what happens when I put fire to Lego". I don't overly care if you torch something very mass market and easily replaced, it just seemed to lack purpose. If the point was something along the lines of how fire moves (which can be quite intriguing), you should have zoomed in solely on the ship and left out the rest.

I could never figure why the imperial navy and storm troopers could not shoot. A big part of me wanted the star destroy to hit and blow up the falcon in the vid. I had to settle with it getting very badly burned

My cover is blown. I pulled for the dark side the whole time

Edited by lanesteele240

Very good stop motion build - I like and appreciate. Regarding your fire madness, I stopped the video after about 2 seconds. Maybe you had some reason for doing that (eventhough I dount I'd find it reasonable) but I see none for watching it myself. Someone said what you did was disrespectful - along with disgusting and disgraceful, these are one of the long line of DIS-ish adjectives I would use if I had to describe your video. I hope you will stick with high quality animation and avoid fire or other destruction methods.

Edited by krisandkris12

first thing that came to my mind when the blowtorch came was the song fire with arthur brown

Would maybe be funny to have that song in the background

I think the stop-motion animation in your videos is awesome. And when it comes to the melted Han and MF, more power to you. :thumbup: Do you still have the melted mass? Was there anything recognizable that could still be called LEGO?

I think the stop-motion animation in your videos is awesome. And when it comes to the melted Han and MF, more power to you. :thumbup: Do you still have the melted mass? Was there anything recognizable that could still be called LEGO?

No I actually got rid of it, it was definitely not recognizable. Pretty sure I now have lung cancer lol

Good stop motion. The pyromaniac in me likes the burn and ... it could have been megablocks. May I suggest that you sub them in as an april fools joke next time. Wait. April first... hmmm. ;)