Logan McOwen

Bionicle Toa Alternate Builds

Finally got the longer torso I needed for my Onua. I really didn't like super-short super-wide Onua, so I took a page from the animations and just made him a giant.

GratuitousHeroWorship%20031_zpsrkgbtqia.jpg

GratuitousHeroWorship%20032_zpsvyjxnewy.jpg

GratuitousHeroWorship%20033_zpsx63ull6m.jpg

Pretty much all I want to change now is maybe add gold armour to the lower legs when/if I get another Toa for spare parts.

This is the Onua they should have given us.

The palms of his hands look a bit awkward. Maybe you should try adding thumbs?

LEGO really needs to produce a bigger foot for MOCs like these... (and Stormer's isn't going to cut it.)

Edited by Master_Data

Talons on Lewa's feet are a nice touch and the pink spikes look surprisingly nice. I like the original set's color scheme better, though.

I'm not too fond of your rendition of Onua. His legs look a bit too lanky.

What's lanky about them, exactly? (I have since redesigned them to have a more even shape, especially the thighs)

EDIT: Perhaps this is better? (at least more even)

LordOfBadassSpiders%20009_zpsgmuaygvg.jpg

LordOfBadassSpiders%20010_zpsbybchi6r.jpg

Edited by One Very Agile Cat

For those who are not fond of Gali's spaulders, here is a minor modification to make it more aquadynamic. Just attach them to the torso's ball joints. Good to hide the gap between the chest and the shoulders.

djmszWX.jpg

A less bulky version of Kopaka which resembles the original more and allows better movement of his legs and shoulders.

VMvTi6g.jpgaRfNb1l.jpg

This is the Onua they should have given us.

LEGO really needs to produce a bigger foot for MOCs like these... (and Stormer's isn't going to cut it.)

Absolutely! The short, squat Onua was a total disappointment (I've hidden him at the back of the shelf behind Lewa and Pohatu. This is a great figure. Definitely worthy of an XL remake. Very, Very Badass.

I actually like the smaller foot in a build like this. If you look at powerfully built characters from other genres, like Warhammer/Space Marine or Starcraft, the foot is not in proportion to the rest of the leg (too vulnerable?). Just the toe poking out gives it an impression of weight and power, like an elephant or bear.

As with the other topic, my minor modifications to Lewa and Pohatu. My changes applied to the other sets are really negligible, just replacing one or two elements with a different color. Each of my Toa features the brain attack torso to emphasize the group theme (and it doesn't pose a problem since I don't own Onua).

lewa.png

In Lewa's case, I didn't like the whole simian vibe with the long arms, so I made them shorter, but I had to figure out how to attach the blades in adrenaline mode. The solution isn't the best, but I'm fine with how it looks.

pohatu.png

For me, the favored color of the sixth element has always been yellow, so I wanted to reflect that with Lewa's keetorange armor pieces.

Folder when it becomes public.

Edited by wghost

Here is my idea how make backs of Toa better, so there wasn't empty space in it, but it's a little brutally method, since it need to "modify" gearbox piece. http://imgur.com/a/8kRTa

I did something similar but instead of modifiying the gearbox piece. I just attached the back armor using the short lightsaber bars and the t-bar piece.

Here is my idea how make backs of Toa better, so there wasn't empty space in it, but it's a little brutally method, since it need to "modify" gearbox piece. http://imgur.com/a/8kRTa

That was just... unnecessary and something you will regret afterwards.

W-what is the benefit from doing this? Why would you do this :sick:?

Also please add a trigger warning the next time you post Bionicle gore.

Edited by TheGreatSpirit

I don't understand, it looks like back armor? I'm missing something...

Edit: The upper torso ball joints! Where are the upper torso ball joints?!

@GK733, and there was more...

Edited by MakutaOfWar

I don't understand, it looks like back armor? I'm missing something...

Edit: The upper torso ball joints! Where are the upper torso ball joints?!

Look at the second last Lewa pic and you'll see the rest of the horror.

Uh, i know that the gap on the back could be annoying for some people, but isn't that....going to far? Surely there are other methods that doesn't requires you to sacrifice those poor, little, unfortunate pieces?

Personally, I see no problem in modifying the gearbox, especially since it allows the shell to attach closer to the backs of the Toa.

Heck, I modify a small amount of parts I own in similar matters myself.