Lego TK-1138

[LDD] AT-AT

After seeing Brickplumbers Minifig-Scale AT-AT I wanted to make one. I made it in LDD to see the piece count. I made it from just looking at the pictures without any instructions. I mixed up various AT-AT's that I've seen on Flickr.After using Brickplumbers AT-AT design, I modded it to make it a bit more accurate to the actual AT-AT. I also borrowed some designs from a memeber La Chupacabra. I made It with pieces that are available today in Bley and Dark Bley.

It can fit

-35 Stormtroopers or Snowtroopers and 5 Scout Troopers

-2 Deck commanders

-2 AT-AT Drivers and a Commander

-5 Speeder Bikes

-45 Minifigs in Total

The piece count without minifigs is 4,782

The Head and Legs are also posable.

Heres Brickplumbers design:

6988890325_d882c581d0_o_zps3xltel36.jpgATAT-sag_zpsje7bh3cm.jpg

rerg3rf_zpsorkupm7a.jpeg2041b55f-5f99-4a8b-8a72-ea8f5fd1dfec_zpsmdalc4g7.png

ATAT-SWFB_zpsg1bizy3w.jpg1c35c4a6-a7aa-4e33-b86c-007cadaa0729_zpsrb7ocst9.png

22bedc98-577f-4a33-83b7-571b7895342c_zpswph9jccv.png

486b4b71-21e7-4ed9-8811-2dad43b15b00_zpshgu9aka5.png

5d8afaf1-8b31-4ea5-ae92-c4281c7cc507_zpsgnu7coin.png

059a1a7e-3733-42f8-b513-2522cc11f8cc_zpsucyte4tn.png

82d4b0fb-bdfc-47ac-a52a-ccf307da2d36_zps2cfuqckd.pnggfdhfghgkyjjh_zps9gmfqelz.pngzrBiH_zpsqn6vsv4o.jpg

tgrdthr_zpsft3rnndv.png

Edit: Added more photos

Edit: Also heres his Flickr AT-AT Album: https://www.flickr.c...57625467376238/

Edited by Lego TK-1138

Of the many UCS scale AT-ATs I've seen, I don't recall seeing one with a complete interior besides this one! Impressive work! :wub:

Edited by Kuat Drive Yards

Hi Lego TK-1138,

Great work transforming that impressive AT-AT to LDD. I am a great fan of Brickplumbers design, and would like to ask you if there is any chance you would like to share your LDD-file?

Best regards from Denmark

Michael

Hi Lego TK-1138,

Great work transforming that impressive AT-AT to LDD. I am a great fan of Brickplumbers design, and would like to ask you if there is any chance you would like to share your LDD-file?

Michael

Yeah sure, just let me ask Brick plumber if I could share it.

Wow! The cockpit looks realistic! Mind you if I copy it?

Yes as long as you give credit where it's due Edited by Lego TK-1138

Hmm... I see similiarities to my AT - AT...

Yeah sorry I didn't give you credit. The AT-AT is a mix of various AT-ATs on Flickr including yours.

Edited by Lego TK-1138

snapback.pngNordahlDK, on 31 March 2015 - 06:28 PM, said:

Hi Lego TK-1138,

Michael

I'll try to put the LDD file up soon.

Edited by Lego TK-1138

Its nice...

But it is essentially exactly the same as BrickPlumbers ( Re-design ), except for the lower rear compartment having speeders, the floor levels being exactly the same (if you designed it yourself, it would have been a perfect opportunity to correct that issue) minus a few things that made his winch work, and a few minute details in the head. Everything externally looks exactly the same :wacko:

However, it has made me realise I need to make the walls on mine more angled inwards at the top :sceptic:

Its nice...

But it is essentially exactly the same as BrickPlumbers ( https://www.flickr.c...N05/4373526733/ ), except for the lower rear compartment having speeders, the floor levels being exactly the same (if you designed it yourself, it would have been a perfect opportunity to correct that issue) minus a few things that made his winch work, and a few minute details in the head. Everything externally looks exactly the same :wacko:

However, it has made me realise I need to make the walls on mine more angled inwards at the top :sceptic:

Yes , it's supposed to be his just with mods. Although they aren't noticable they're there. The top front doesn't have all the printed pieces. The head has a different bottom. The layout in the head is also more to my liking. The fuel tanks are seperated instead of it being all one. There are a few more too. Swithced out some pieces with others .Plus the AT-AT is made in parts available to day in Light Bley and Dark Bley.

Edited by Lego TK-1138

Yeah sure, just let me ask Brick plumber if I could share it.Yes as long as you give credit where it's due

Thanks! :sweet:

Hi again Lego TK-1138,

Thx for your positive take on this... looking forward to the file.

BR Michael :sweet:

It's very kind of you to share the file with us, thank you very much. The model is impressive and translating it to LDD must had been very hard and time consuming. My poor old laptop can barely open it. :laugh:

Okay, now I have a delimma. I can purchase Cavegod's files from him for his incredible AT-AT without an interior, or I could go with this design that is not quite accurate, but is cheaper to build, more stable, and contains an interior. Has anyone built these two designs to compare them?

Very detailed! good work on the Endor setting.

I didn't do the endor scene, bickplumber did. I only replicated his AT-AT. Here's brickplumbers flickr stream.

Thank you for sharing the LDD file. Building Brickplumber's AT-AT is one of my life goals, that's how much I love it!