Sign in to follow this  
TJoling

Drawing paper

Hi all,

When I'm designing the exterior of the vehicles I build, especially when it's a scale model of a real life vehicle, I tend to draw the contours on a piece of paper and put a grid over it see how every detail should be positioned. Although there are a lot of fancy computerprograms like photoshop which can do this for you digitally, I tend to do it on good ol' paper :grin: And I figured I may not be the only one who thinks photoshop is too complicated to do such a simple task, so I made a couple of pdfs and put them in a shared folder for you to enjoy too :laugh:

link

In the folder you will find 4 files: a grid the size of 1x1 plates and a grid the size of 1x1 studs, both available in A4 and A3 printsize. Good luck with them!

I always draw my creations too, I just do it on some millimeter paper. To me it is much easier than using any of the Lego construction programs.

I am terribly inaccurate! I just sketch out ideas when I have no chance to build and then create as I go (With a helmeted Crash Test Dummy figure as the prototype pilot/driver!) The best I get is graph paper for a build-sketch that is going to live on a baseplate.

When I was a kid.. I did the same by drawing lego castle using 2 point perspective . Well, thats it. I was fun for a while but my drawing was never meant to be materialised using lego bricks (it would probably need more than 10,000 parts)