Bonaparte

New graphics are in the air - share your feedback

I wonder who is in charge of designing these graphics?

It's me.

Why these banners are always 1-1.5 months late to each season? :shrug_confused:

Why these banners are always 1-1.5 months late to each season? :shrug_confused:

Why don't you think before you speak and Google the start of Summer. I think your numbers might be a bit off.

Also, if you want to pay me a salary I'll drop everything else for it. Or I could make one standard one and never change it. :shrug_confused:

Resisting the urge to lock this topic too... :ugh:

Why don't you think before you speak and Google the start of Summer. I think your numbers might be a bit off.

Well, for me banner got changed a week ago or so, which is pretty much basically a middle of the season :classic:

So...

Also, if you want to pay me a salary I'll drop everything else for it. Or I could make one standard one and never change it. :shrug_confused:

Resisting the urge to lock this topic too... :ugh:

Sorry, I was curious and not looking to insult you and you result in any way. I just thought there is some tradition or other not well known reason

Well, for me banner got changed a week ago or so, which is pretty much basically a middle of the season :classic:

Official start of Summer is June 21st so kindly don't pester me about when graphics are done. The staff here are all volunteers and we do what we can when we can to make it the community it is. If you were only curious, you certainly left your intention ambiguous. Try to be more clear, otherwise you might come off as insulting.

Why so much arrogance? I have already said sorry! Please be advised the question I've posted would have been completely normal where I leave. There might be some cultural differences which could explain the difference in perception.

I'm not questioning your work, effort, etc. - appreciate you took time make new banner and change it. I like them and the variety they bring. The only thing I was looking for is to simply understand "why the time banner gets changed is different from calendar season". Mentioning "official start of Summer is June 21st in North America" in your very first reply would have been more than enough. You live and learn.

Mentioning "official start of Summer is June 21st in North America" in your very first reply would have been more than enough. You live and learn.

:facepalm: The Summer Solstice occurs on the same day in the whole hemisphere.

Buuuuuuuuuut... the "official date" that a season starts/ends is not a worldwide universally-agreed-to thing. The solstice & equinox dates aren't considered by all to be "it". I don't know why the Gregorian calendar is as it is, but these days many people consider seasons to start on the first of December/March/June/September, the year to start on the first of January and here in Australia the financial year starts on the first of July. Summer/Winter solstice is often regarded as simply the longest/shortest day. I think you could cut him some slack on that comment. I personally don't know the date of Chinese New Year, I don't think that's an offence, so why would not knowing about the "season starts at solstice" viewpoint be so bad?

Buuuuuuuuuut... the "official date" that a season starts/ends is not a worldwide universally-agreed-to thing. The solstice & equinox dates aren't considered by all to be "it". I don't know why the Gregorian calendar is as it is, but these days many people consider seasons to start on the first of December/March/June/September, the year to start on the first of January and here in Australia the financial year starts on the first of July. Summer/Winter solstice is often regarded as simply the longest/shortest day. I think you could cut him some slack on that comment. I personally don't know the date of Chinese New Year, I don't think that's an offence, so why would not knowing about the "season starts at solstice" viewpoint be so bad?

I agree. Knowledge fit this sort tends to vary between different countries and continents. For example, most (if not all), the population of China would know when the Chinese new year is, while the same can't be said for Australia.

Why so much arrogance?

I've known for a few days that I've gone out of my way to be a dick. So it's time for me to finally apologize. I'm sorry I over–reacted.

If memory serves correctly, I only started going with the official starts of seasons to change the graphics because it was a way to justify how far behind I get. I believe my knee–jerk reaction was due to previous years of falling behind with new graphics and some negative interactions in previous graphic threads. It's no excuse but that all came out on you and I apologize for doing that to you.

Finally. :blush:

I don't think it matters as long as we even get new banners. These are great, seriously !

I remember you saying we'd get new banners for all of the subforums, though..

:hmpf:

With all due respect, but I don't really get all this fuss about the banner.

It's just a banner. Can't we just enjoy it?

Harry Potter returned this year, so the licensed forum banner is not outdated anymore :laugh:

Finally. :blush:
Thanks for understanding. :wink:

If you are still interested why I was surprised - it turns out some common things are not so common over the globe. I cannot tell for all countries in Europe, but the closest to Lithuania use March/June/September/December as beginning of Spring/Summer/Autumn/Winter. Wikipedia mentions some more countries like Australia, Austria, Denmark, the former Soviet Union and Japan and that it is also used by many in the United Kingdom. Before reading Wiki article I thought it was the same everywhere. Well, maybe different for southern hemisphere, but that's for obvious reasons :classic: Now thanks to you I just got to learn more.

Edited by zux

Harry Potter returned this year, so the licensed forum banner is not outdated anymore :laugh:

:laugh: I thought of this too. However, I took pics for the new Licensed banner the other day and it was quite a challenge as I just don't buy sets anymore.

Thanks for understanding. :wink:

Now thanks to you I just got to learn more.

:laugh::thumbup:

New banner in the Town Forum :classic:

Amazing :thumbup:

Ha! It is! :classic::laugh:

Edited by Littleworlds