Bonaparte

New graphics are in the air - share your feedback

While the new banner is nice. It a bit hard to see the browse activity and search tabs against the yellow background.

The white text on the blue part is also a bit hard on the eyes.

Would it be possible to change it to black?

Hi @Hinckley --

Is it possible to remove the border property in the CSS attribute below so that the images with link inside posts won't get those grey solid borders?

See, usually when I embed pictures with solid white backgrounds they get the grey boxes around them instead of just seamlessly blending with the white background of the forum. I'm not sure it is a strong requirement to highlight linked images with borders but if possible to remove them, that would make it more pleasing to post pictures with white backgrounds, with links.

.ipsImage_thumbnailed {
    border: 1px solid #E2E2E2;
    padding: 1px;
}

Our latest software update really messed with our themes. We're working on fixing some of these stranger changes. We appreciate your patience while we try to figure out where all the weird little changes popped up.

Thank you!

On 8/9/2017 at 1:31 AM, Hinckley said:

Our latest software update really messed with our themes. We're working on fixing some of these stranger changes. We appreciate your patience while we try to figure out where all the weird little changes popped up.

Thank you!

The mobile version really looks bad... I can't even...

Anyway, waiting patiently. 

9 hours ago, makoy said:

The mobile version really looks bad... I can't even...

Anyway, waiting patiently. 

I didn't think the mobile version was that bad. Is it the profile color blocks? Or what are you seeing that you don't like and please specify which forum you are in when you notice it.

Just now, Hinckley said:

I didn't think the mobile version was that bad. Is it the profile color blocks? Or what are you seeing that you don't like and please specify which forum you are in when you notice it.

Here's an example screenshot.

Screenshot_20170810-194735.png

21 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

Here's an example screenshot.

*snip*

I'm experiencing the same thing when on mobile form.

Edited by LegoMonorailFan

1 hour ago, Hinckley said:

Ok, I see the same as Darkdragon. I tried other themes and the Pirates one seems to be not affected because the profile block is hidden and there is no white border (padding?)

The default theme is still usuable but looks messy due to the profile block overlapping text and badges.

Yes, thank you. That is exactly what I meant when I said

3 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Is it the profile color blocks?

:hmpf:

Way to not read my mind. :tongue:

24 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

Yes, thank you. That is exactly what I meant when I said

:hmpf:

Way to not read my mind. :tongue:

I had no idea what you meant. You asked what was being seen, I showed you what I was seeing. If it's not what you wanted, well I tried. 

Well I finally managed to sign in after about a dozen failed attempts. Every time I clicked the button that says "Sign In" the page would refresh and the Username and Password text boxes would go blank. I posted a comment as a guest, and it allowed me to sign in afterward. Anyone else have this problem?

I almost quit EB after last September's big update because I couldn't post anything, anywhere. Only after getting a new phone could I post again (I don't have useful internet for my computer). And yes, the mobile version is looking kinda funny with overlapping words and stuff.

I appreciate the efforts of everyone working to keep things going... these updates can be :sick:

Edit: when I tried posting this I got a message saying my connection isn't private and hackers might be trying to steal my info. Never seen that before on EB, and it took multiple tries just to post the original content here. What's happening? :wacko: 

Edited by Captain Dee

Just now, Captain Dee said:

Anyone else have this problem?

I haven't had that issue, but at the same time it seems you were having it happen, I was having an issue loading the user list trying to type out an @  username. The list finally loaded and I was able to save my post (after much lag), but then the page went to an https error page and I had to type the main URL in again.

2 hours ago, Darkdragon said:

I haven't had that issue, but at the same time it seems you were having it happen, I was having an issue loading the user list trying to type out an @  username. The list finally loaded and I was able to save my post (after much lag), but then the page went to an https error page and I had to type the main URL in again.

Huh. Well hopefully it's just some flukes from the updates. Everything else seems to be working.

On 8/8/2017 at 1:31 PM, Hinckley said:

We're working on fixing some of these stranger changes.

Any updates regarding the mobile version?

Lovely autumn-banner! I really like the contrast of colour and feeling between the background and foreground. Looks cozy! :classic:

The Fabuland character stalking the children looks creepy as heck

But overall the new banner looks nice. LOVE the color scheme

Great work, Hinck! I have to say, the new banner is probably one of the best you've ever done. The color scheme is fantastic as well. :thumbup:

Love this new fall theme! My favorite season actually! Makes me think of Taffy apples and Barry Manilow music. :cry_happy:

Great work @Hinckley ... as a parent, I'm actually more afraid on pedobear for my kids rather than an actual bear.

Btw, the mobile theme still needs some work though...

the overlapping text on the profile box is still there (country & date/time stamp)  -- also due to how  how the line height is forced to be 16px only, the tail and loops of lower case letters get cutoff. Some people quoted me as "makov".

setting the line-height attribute to  23px seems to fix that issue in my debugging.

2017-09-29_11-58-17 

Just now, makoy said:

Great work @Hinckley ... as a parent, I'm actually more afraid on pedobear for my kids rather than an actual bear.

Btw, the mobile theme still needs some work though...

the overlapping text on the profile box is still there (country & date/time stamp)  -- also due to how  how the line height is forced to be 16px only, the tail and loops of lower case letters get cutoff. Some people quoted me as "makov".

setting the line-height attribute to  23px seems to fix that issue in my debugging.

Thanks for the demonstration and the fix. I'll take a look at that.