Bonaparte

New graphics are in the air - share your feedback

I noticed the subtle difference. Lavender is better. Thanks!

You're welcome. Thank you. And everyone who has left feedback. :thumbup:

I thought it looked fine the other day, still fine now. I usually "complain" that it is the wrong* season, but with the option to change it still there I will now just say thanks for all of the new graphics recently. Perhaps I will keep this one up for a while longer before switching to Autumn. The leaves are still quite green at the moment!

3 hours ago, Artanis I said:

I thought it looked fine the other day, still fine now. I usually "complain" that it is the wrong* season, but with the option to change it still there I will now just say thanks for all of the new graphics recently. Perhaps I will keep this one up for a while longer before switching to Autumn. The leaves are still quite green at the moment!

Yup. You usually say that...every time. :tongue:

Been away for a while. This new forum colours are interesting. I'm lacking a bit of contrast as everything is using light tones.

btw. Is there an option to chose some default theme that doesn't change 4 times a year? I'd love to keep the top picture changing though.

On 4/16/2017 at 4:53 AM, zux said:

Been away for a while. This new forum colours are interesting. I'm lacking a bit of contrast as everything is using light tones.

I second the contrast issue. I can hardly read the white text on the light background. Otherwise, I really like the new Spring theme.

Came in here to post the same thing. So there has been a change in design and I'm not just seeing things? The top menu bar is definitely hard to read now. Maybe should tone down on the light colors just a little bit. :classic:

A decent shadow or outline effect (if that is possible) should help to contrast the text etc from the background image.

On 4.05.2017 at 9:53 AM, Cody Startale said:

Maybe should tone down on the light colors just a little bit. :classic:

Making the letters darker wouldn't solve this problem. The best thing to do would be putting a dark (green?) rectangle underneath the text.

I'm about to do a Summer skin, so I'll address the issue there. How small are your screen resolutions?  Geez... I check this on a few machines and the topnav menu was always on the blue. Are your screen resolutions set to 800 pixels? :wacko:

On 5/4/2017 at 2:58 AM, Artanis I said:

A decent shadow or outline effect (if that is possible) should help to contrast the text etc from the background image.

Sure! If it was 1996! :hmpf:

Did the banner text near the top left come from 1996? It has a white shadow/outline.:look::smug:

My window is not the full screen width, but would be at least 1800, the (2nd) blue sky is to the left of the white menu thing, which is over a third foreground tree and a painter bee. (The first being hard left with the honey bee, the second being in the centre with the brown rabbit)

It doesn't bother me personally, I know what it says.

4 hours ago, Capparezza said:

1920x1080 :tongue:

:laugh: Aha. Stupid responsive css.

Thanks, everybody, for the feedback.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Summer banner :thumbup:

Yes, I was looking forward to this happening. Looks excellent, refreshes the feel of the site. It definitely gives it a certain summer-ness. I think the beach sand is a bit too uniform and smooth for a real beach (even a LEGO one) however.

And our UK summer has probably finished now anyway! :laugh:

Fantastic work as usual, Hinck, although I'm confused to how that surfboard can support the weight of the troll. :wink:

I like the new one way better, since i can now see the "Notifications" and "Messages" symbols again! :classic:

The only thing i don't really like is the goofy swim ring batman and baseball playing Vader and Luke. But that just me, it's just not the kind of humor i like.

Edited by Murrig Icehammer

The new banner looks very good & fun! :classic: Now summer has started officially :wink: 

Just on my tablet (nvidia shield) its a bit much spread out. A denser arrangement would be nicer there.