Sign in to follow this  
James Wellington

[MOC] Imperial Fort Point Terran

Hello all! I've been building, rebuilding and adding to this build for quite a while. I built this fort because I recently got some of the new bluecoat sets, and I got the Bluecoat fort, and I thought it was a bit unfair for my Redcoats for not having a fort at all. So I made one. I would've posted this MOC sooner, but due to lack of water pieces, the MOC wasn't complete. Yesterday, I got enough water pieces to fill up the ocean part of the MOC. The Fort is not based off of anything really, I didn't use any pictures to build it, I sort of just built it. *Note* Although I'm posting it as complete, I'd really like some further suggestions, and the chances are I will add to the fort as I get more Bricks, maybe even expanding it or something. So if you have any suggestions/comments or even criticism, PLEASE share it. This is my first fort, and my 3rd Pirate MOC. Now, let's see the fort. Here is Fort Point Terran.

16967436065_05fb23db33.jpgFort1 by BrickJamesWells, on Flickr

Here is the front view of the fort. Do note, in some pictures the lighting may be a bit strange so please, forgive me. We have the front of the small fort, along with some rock the fort was built into. Off to the left, we see the Governor's rowboat arriving.

16781286989_6147a9e89e.jpgFort2 by BrickJamesWells, on Flickr

A close-up of the rocks. A fort's officer, and one of my favourite redcoat awaits the Admiral.

16941527236_ee217b4925.jpgFort3 by BrickJamesWells, on Flickr

The back of the fort. The Fort's only cannons are at the back. I think it looks pretty good.

16779777918_5af87cef95.jpgFort4 by BrickJamesWells, on Flickr

"The Governor's arrival". Here's a good look at the water. A fair mix of clear, dark and light blue bricks.

16966521131_e7d7b1f8a6.jpgFort5 by BrickJamesWells, on Flickr

The left side of the fort. A parrot looks around, well sitting on the fort's wall. A bit more of the rocky wall, only a bit lighter.

16967458615_1b629d8638.jpgFort6 by BrickJamesWells, on Flickr

Okay, I don't see how the men can do this everyday. A super small space, with the fort's ammunition supply, cannons, soldiers, small "jail" and the Commander's table.

16345080114_05fd21e168.jpgFort7 by BrickJamesWells, on Flickr

Another view.

16760066827_14229272d5.jpgFort8 by BrickJamesWells, on Flickr

Lastly, the overview of the fort. My personal favourite picture that depicts the fort, It shows the whole interior.

Well, I've hope you've enjoyed. I will continue building forts, ships and vignettes for pirates. Please, tell me what you think, i'd love to know how to fix/update or expand the fort, or just see you opinion. Thanks for reading!

Edited by James Wellington

A small, but decent fort.

I hope you continue building just as you announced.

You seem to have redcoats from all different phases (classic, PoTC, Pirates 2).

Nice little scene. Building smaller MOCs is a discipline I wish I had - you've said a lot of things in such a small project, and you did it well.

A small, but decent fort.

I hope you continue building just as you announced.

You seem to have redcoats from all different phases (classic, PoTC, Pirates 2).

Thank you. Yes, I do have all the phases of redcoats, and I'm very happy about that. However, sadly I don't have any classic bluecoats pirate_cry4.gif I will keep building pir_laugh2.gif Hopefully, I'll make an even bigger fort next time.

Nice little scene. Building smaller MOCs is a discipline I wish I had - you've said a lot of things in such a small project, and you did it well.

Thanks a lot! pirate_classic.gif

Nice little fort, well executed, good choice of colors.

Improvement suggestions: Your fort needs a door. And your artillery should cover more of the surrounding than just one direction. Remember, the Blues will exploit every weakness default_devil_laugh.gif ... oh, maybe I shouldn't be telling you this, then... pirate_wink.gif

If you choose to further expand this fort, which I can only recommend 'cause it has a lot of potential, your next step could be to add some sort of a tower building.

Brick on!

Nice build, just right in size for this level of build. The lighting in the first actually works well to set a somber scene.

Thank you.

Nice little fort, well executed, good choice of colors.

Improvement suggestions: Your fort needs a door. And your artillery should cover more of the surrounding than just one direction. Remember, the Blues will exploit every weakness default_devil_laugh.gif ... oh, maybe I shouldn't be telling you this, then... pirate_wink.gif

If you choose to further expand this fort, which I can only recommend 'cause it has a lot of potential, your next step could be to add some sort of a tower building.

Brick on!

Thank you! I will try to implement a door/gate one of these days. My artillery may not be the best, but if the bluecoats hit the fort head on, well... their uniforms may be red after the attack :devil:

As far as expanding, I may try to expand the left side of the fort, add a rotating cannon post, and a tower of some sort. Thank you all for your suggestions and comments. I will strive to make other projects better, and to expand/update this one. pirate_classic.gif

Really cool MOC you have build there *jealous* default_drool.gif But why didn't you put some blue coats in there!! I can't admit that...

Really cool MOC you have build there *jealous* default_drool.gif But why didn't you put some blue coats in there!! I can't admit that...

Thanks! Although I like bluecoats, I just don't have enough of them to put in forts like this yet. Besides, they already have a fort. The new "Soldier's Fort" + "Soldier's outpost". Once I get a few classic bluecoats (from ebay or something) as well as a few more new ones, I might make a small outpost for them pirate_classic.gif

The light tan and light bley look really good together. I am not sure if your construction and piece usage is due to limited bricks or something you did deliberately with a stockpile of a zillion bricks, but it looks nice. The fort looks like it was made in a remote area with limited resources. The rock on the walls is a nice touch too.

For an improvement, I would mainly suggest wheels for your cannons and to remove the 'gun port'. From pictures I've seen, the slot where the cannon points out of the fort is open on top, see below.

brimstone-hill-fortress-1229.jpg

The light tan and light bley look really good together. I am not sure if your construction and piece usage is due to limited bricks or something you did deliberately with a stockpile of a zillion bricks, but it looks nice. The fort looks like it was made in a remote area with limited resources. The rock on the walls is a nice touch too.

For an improvement, I would mainly suggest wheels for your cannons and to remove the 'gun port'. From pictures I've seen, the slot where the cannon points out of the fort is open on top, see below.

brimstone-hill-fortress-1229.jpg

Ah thank you for your suggestions. Yes, I ran out of bricks, but I will get some more soon to fix up the fort walls a bit. As I said before, I may expand the fort, and your suggestion will be implemented into the design (bricks permitting).

Really nice work! The rocks are quite nice pirate_classic.gif

Thank you. Yes, I do like the rocks. I will try to improve the fort when I can. I hope someday the fort will be able to hold more troops and cannons, etc.

This was the first post I saw on the updated classic-pirates.com so now that I am a member I can comment. Great work. I was wondering how many pieces and how many studs in the water. I just became a member and wanted to reply right away.

Again great work.

Like Phred said, the tan and grey match up well although I would probably have built the fort walls entirely from tan if it was mine. Still, it's a nice little scene with good techniques and plenty details. You could sit this among official sets and it would fit right in - minus the water, which is a very nice touch. Overall this is quite good and I hope to see more Pirates builds from you!