Sign in to follow this  
SkaForHire

Warzone 6: Last Stand of the Salamanders

Warzone 6: Last Stand of the Salamanders

Who Can Participate: Ulandus and Desert King (Unless A path is opened up by the HIGH COUNCIL before the end of the minichallenge)

Terrain: After a series of pushes in the Arkbri valley, primarily from the Desert King, the Northern Ulandians find themselves in the crosshairs once again. This time, the 2nd Legion, the Salamanders (green colors) are holding the last remnants of the once vital Northern corridor. This battle takes place around the town of Northwall.

16561796486_b39ae3b2d7_z.jpgsandendonmap by skaforhire, on Flickr

Northwall is the last major Kaliphlin settlement going north before the Cedrican Grasslands and Avalonia. Its climate is no longer desert, but tall grasslands with the occasional trees. Northwall itself has high walls, in which the Salamanders and their allies have barricaded themselves behind. The forces of the Desert King are all over the region, including a small siege of the town. The buildings of Northwall and its surroundings are a mix between Kaliphlin and Avalonian.

History: Once just a tiny town on the frontier, Northwall has now passed Sand’s End as the northern most Kaliphlin settlement. It is mostly a guard post to keep rogue raiding parties out of the region. Little trade goes through the town, as they do not have the populace to support the vast market days that Sand’s End has. For this reason, most people living in Northwall are related to the military somehow.

Mini-challenge: Northwall’s defenses are quite hardy. Desert King forces should depict a clever way to get through( or over, or under) the wall. Ulandus forces should depict a MOC where the Salamanders and allies cleverly repel the oncoming invaders. Both teams need to depict the walls of Northwall in some manner. Both teams should depict Ulandus forces in some manner – they don’t have to be replicas of the forces used in the preludes, but should have green in their color scheme if possible.

Secondary judging category: Best Wall. Winner of this title will become “Defensive Architect of Kaliphlin”

Restrictions: 16x32

Due Date: April 12th

16856468431_257d4a4a45_c.jpgWARMAP318 by skaforhire, on Flickr

Sounds great, let's hope Ulandus can finally show its true power! :wink:

Great challenge. Quick question - B7 is already under guerrilla attack by the Desert King. What happens if the 13th is extinguished by GA before the challenge? Ulandus would have no forces in the area possibly by next week.

Hmmm... Well that was my error, I forgot that that square was attacked.

Warzones should supersede GA... especially since this zone was asked for by MassEditor (on Umbra's team). But I don't think I wrote that into the rules (there were a few things that I left out that I thought I put in...)

I see two ways to play this -- let the GA go on, if it is successful, then we see a real "last stand" from an insurgency Ulandus only in the town. The DKs are the owners until knocked out by Ulandus.

Or... we go to the tried and true, and move the attack to another square (including the counter attack that has already been posted) DK people, what do you want to do?

16912853979_b5859694bc.jpg

If I win, I pick E2 as new warzone.

Edited by Jacob Nion

This is gonna be one close WZ! Go Ulandus, at least we've shown them we're a force to be reckoned with! :thumbup: