Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#130: Sisters in Salmanda

Heckz ignores the other heroes for now, thinking that he does not need any compliments on how better he fought than everyone else. He went to Captain Squidraken, careful that his shoes don't get messed up by the merman's spit.

"How long until Salabanana? The ocean breeze has not done any good to my skin and I can't wait to get of this ship. Speaking of ships, why is this one so magical?"

Loot:

"True Love Serenade" - Hym

"True Love Serenade" - Boomingham

2x Lovely Perfume - Heckz

Sterope's headdress - Sarge

Feather of lithe - Eric

Feather of White - Eric

Feather of flight - Boomingham

Sarge hands out the fruits of battle to the party, he chuckles slightly, remembering his earlier days on the open sea. His tour of Charis comes to mind and he quickly tries to focu on the present, which wasnt much better; the adrenaline from the fight was starting to wear off and he was feeling tired and sluggish. "Still got that booze paladin?"

QM Note: I had a busy day and I'm too tired to make a proper update, so the quest will continue tomorrow with the ship finally reaching its destination. Hooray!

OOC: Sandy, I should have 51HP, you forgot to add 1HP when I leveled up :classic:

Sorry, I noticed there was a miscalculation in your health. You get level bonus from every level up, which in your case is 26 currently. The first level is not counted, since it is replaced by the base health.

As the narcissistic middle aged man talks to the captain of the ship, he looks at Boomingham to see if the old man had any wounds he could 'accidentally' exploit during their travels. But as he searches the old paladin from head to toes, he finds some blood textured cloak(Cloak of Blood Magic) looking out from one of the man's pockets. The arcane fashion-lover enviously eyed the fabric.

"True Love Serenade" - Boomingham

Sarge hands out the fruits of battle to the party, he chuckles slightly, remembering his earlier days on the open sea. His tour of Charis comes to mind and he quickly tries to focu on the present, which wasnt much better; the adrenaline from the fight was starting to wear off and he was feeling tired and sluggish. "Still got that booze paladin?"

Boomingham tucks his new song into his pouch. "Got quite a few ladies that might go to." He rummages around a little as he nods at the Nord's endorsement of the one legged man. "I've only the one bottle left, chap. Treat it well... and don't think you'll get away with not sharing it just because you need it more than us." He uncorks his final bottle of booze and passes it to Sarge but not before taking a sip himself.

As the narcissistic middle aged man talks to the captain of the ship, he looks at Boomingham to see if the old man had any wounds he could 'accidentally' exploit during their travels. But as he searches the old paladin from head to toes, he finds some blood textured cloak(Cloak of Blood Magic) looking out from one of the man's pockets. The arcane fashion-lover enviously eyed the fabric.

"Looking to see what a man who can get the job done right looks like, boy-o?" Boomingham chuckles and claps Heckz on the shoulder. "You'll get it next time. Have a bit of booze. It will take the edge off until we land. You folks could use that."

Heckz ignores the other heroes for now, thinking that he does not need any compliments on how better he fought than everyone else. He went to Captain Squidraken, careful that his shoes don't get messed up by the merman's spit.

"How long until Salabanana? The ocean breeze has not done any good to my skin and I can't wait to get of this ship. Speaking of ships, why is this one so magical?"

heroicanpc-squidraken.jpg

"Just a day's voyage here-on out *splud*. What comes to this ship's magical properties, *gurgle* *gulp* it is a magic ship because it uses magic *spit*. Did you not see the gem navigator on the front? *slurp* It is what keeps the wind in the sails and the waves steady. *spit* The Flouncy Phoenix never gets stuck in the rut. *gurgle*"

On the morning after their last night at sea, the passengers of the magic ship saw the golden domes of Salmanda glisten on the horizon.

heroicaquest130-salmanda2.jpg

heroicaquest130-auntesther.jpg

"Here at long last... I thought the trip would never end!"

As the ship got nearer, they could make out the individual buildings by the harbour.

heroicaquest130-salmanda1.jpg

heroicaquest130-aunthymnessamine.jpg

"Oh, look! It is all the wondrous places I've read about! That's the Daystar Tower! And the Almagesta's Palace! Can you see the Temple of Danab from here?"

heroicaquest130-auntovelia.jpg

"You will have plenty of opportunities for sightseeing, sisters. I do not imagine the next Eldest Sister will be chosen quickly..."

Once the ship lowered anchor, Jaws rowed the sisters and their guardians to the port. The first mate seemed relieved to be rid of the passengers for the time being.

heroicaquest130-salmanda3.jpg

heroicanpc-jaws.jpg

"I've gotta admit, ye guys did well with the sirens. I'll make sure everyone here knows what you did. It'll be a long time before they dare to harass anyone again after whut happened to their queen... Too bad the sirens are said ta be Neredice's daughters in them shanties. She'll get us on the trip back, I bet yer arses."

heroicaquest130-periwinkle.jpg

"Then Eric and I will just kick her scaly butt back to the sea, won't we? But look; so many sisters everywhere!"

"Everyone is here for the Conclave. Come along, we have to get to the Temple before it commences."

heroicanpc-jaws.jpg

"If ye ever feel the need to visit The Flouncy Phoenix fer any reason during yer stay, I'll be here waiting fer ye from dawn to dusk."

The group waved their goodbyes to the fishy first mate, and then followed Revered Aunt Ovelia to the Holy District of the city, joining the steady flow of other Sisters from all around the world going to the same direction. They eventually found themselves in front of a pure white building with tall crystalline windows. A green-skinned Sister was at the door to greet them.

heroicaquest130-templeofdanab1.jpg

"Revered Sister Verdra, it has been a long time. My condolences on losing Eldest Sister Heruba. She was the kindest woman I have ever met."

heroicaquest130-auntverdra.jpg

"Indeed. And now you are here to take her place, Revered Sister Ovelia. It will be a tough competition, with so many candidates to choose from."

"You wound me, Verdra. It is true I want to continue Heruba's good work, but I do it out of devotion, not self-gain. Just as I am sure you will too, should you get chosen in my stead."

"Yikes!" Periwinkle whispered to the heroes. "There's no love lost between those two. It looks like everyone's aiming to become the eldest..."

heroicaquest130-auntzarissa.jpg

"So, can we get inside already? I'm still feeling wobbly from the trip, so I need to sit down."

heroicaquest130-aunttheresa.jpg

"And I need to take a piss."

"Very well." Ovelia turned to the heroes. "We will not be requiring your services inside the Temple, for we have the Vindicators of Danab to take care of us." She nodded towards the hooded guards standing by the doors. "Thus, you are free to explore the city. I must urge you to keep your eyes and ears open - these gatherings always draw unwanted attention towards our organization. Like I said in Eubric, despite being healers, we are not without enemies. Periwinkle, I need you to go with these men."

"But..."

"Do not start with me, novice. You know why I chose you to this entourage in the first place. You have no right to speak at the Conclave, so you are most useful outside of it. Listen to the word on the streets, find out all you can about the other candidates, and report back to me every day."

"Yes, Revered Aunt. I'll spy the others for you."

"No need for such crude words. The Mother has given me a calling, and it is my sworn duty to answer it the best way I can. Now, is there anything else you require to know before we part ways?"

Aunts Hymnessamine, Theresa and Zarissa left the party!

Party:

eric_5_av_zps64ee0fc1.jpgEric (Khorne) *Party Second-in-Command*

30 year old norseman Raider

Level 27 *Natural Respite* *Evasion* *Immune to Fragile, Weakened, Asleep, Water and Earth*

Power: 51 (27+22+2)

Defense: 5

Health: 50/50 (8+7+26+4+5)

Gold: 223

Equipment: Godricsleif (WP: 22; Ice-, Lightning-, Darkness-elemental; greatsword), Pugilist's Gloves (Power +2, protects from Weakened; handwear), Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from Fragile; bodywear), Boots of Evasion (Wearer takes half damage in front row + Immunity to Water, Earth and Asleep; footwear)

Inventory:

Weapons: Conspirator (WP:18, causes Blinded; longsword), Drengazuli Grom'az (WP:6; Dual Strike; axe), 6 Silverfish Wings (WP:8, retrievable, throwing dagger), 2 Diseased Silverfish Wings (WP:8, causes cursed-effect, retrievable, throwing weapon)

Spell Items: Garnet (Earth)

Consumables: Potion, 10 Grand Potions, Health Core, 3 Elixirs, 3 Remedies, Neutralizer, 7 Meads, 6 Smelling Salts, 3 Nostrum, 5 Mulled Wine, Ambrosia, Dragon Scale, Venom, Deadly Venom, 2 Feather of White (Allows the user to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits. The effect ends if the user targets an enemy.), Fire Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Aeolus Bomb, Feather of Lithe (Makes the user nimble for three rounds, giving them a 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER and DAMAGE and Free Hits.), Feather of White (Allows the user to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits. The effect ends if the user targets an enemy.), Bone

BoominghamMock2.jpgLord Lawrence Boomingham (Zepher)

48 years old human Paladin

Level 33 3/4 *Immune to Darkness, Fire, Fragile, Stunned, Sleep, Weakened, and Blindness*

Power: 52 (33+14+4+1)

Defense: 11 (7+4)

Health: 47/56 (10+32+11+2+1)

Ether: 33/33

Gold: 340

Equipment: Frozen Saber (WP: 14; light-, ice- and wind-elemental; inflicts stunned; great sword), Round Metal Shield (SP:7), Tome of Affluence (+10 Gold if equipped for the entirety of a battle; grants immunity to fragile, asleep, weakened, blindness, darkness and fire; accessory), Counterstrike Gloves (If the wearer is damaged by a Free Hit, they counter with strength equal to their level; handwear.), Scarlet Hood (SP:4, grants immunity to stunned)

Inventory:

Weapons: Lullaby Wand (WP:6, inflicts asleep), Silver Sword (WP: 18, Longsword), Scupperer (WP: 17; darkness-, fire- and earth-elemental; inflicts bleeding and poisoned by 10; great sword)

Artifacts: Hood of Belthazar Bluehood (Power +4; Ether -6; headwear), Cloak of Blood Magic (+5 ether, attacks made with darkness magic cause weakened; suitable for mages, necromancers and chi monks; bodywear), Chains of the Pongcanis Chief (Hero Pierces SP if fighting from Front, Enemies ignore SP if hero fights from the back row, cannot be removed in battle), Amulet of Optimism (Adds the confused-effect to all attacks; accessory, suitable to Erdathcath only)

Spell Items: Amethyst (Darkness), Scroll of Recklessness (Encouraged and Fragile; costs 5 Ether; 50/50 chance), Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Fragility, Scroll of Sealing, Emerald Lamp of Summoning (0/3), “True Love Serenade” (restores 50 health to the rest of the party per round; costs 10 ether; Battle Song)

Consumables: Potion, Health Core, x2 Remedy, Elixir, Phoenix Essence, x6 Mead, x3 Nostrum, Ambrosia, x2 Smelling Salts, Fire Brandy (Encouraged, Immune to Ice), Fireball Whiskey (Immunity to Fire One Battle OR 20 Fire Damage All Enemies), Hamantasch (Lucky, Blessed), Jinxy Juice, Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used.), Hair of the Dog, x2 Grating Stone, Oculoid Miasma, Oculoid Fireworks, Saber Teeth, Mythril Shard

Tools: Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe

10632256334_a9ff1c7529_o.jpgJohn 'Heckz' Brutenhal, the Ghostbuster, the Super Sleuth and the School Inspector (Cutcobra)

32 year old male human Sorcerer

Level 25 1/3 *Immune to Sealed* *Jinxed Spells at Double Cost*

Power: 37 (25+12) (Spellpower: 47 (25+12+10))

Defense: 3

Health: 33/33 (5+24+4)

Ether: 36/36 (5+24+1+5+1)

Gold: 730

Equipment: Solemn Scythe (WP: 12, darkness-elemental scythe, 1/2 chance of causing sealed), Magician's Gloves (Spellpower +10; suitable for mages; handwear), Robe Of The Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether + 5, immune to sealed; bodywear), Bad Luck Charm (Makes the sorcerer’s spells - including Razzmatazz and Sleight of Hand - cause an additional jinxed-effect, increasing their ether cost by 1; suitable for sorcerers; accessory)

Inventory: Rawr (WP:9, dagger), Rat Scepter (WP:3, 4x damage to enemies named “rat”; wand), Pitchfork of Abomination (WP:1, pierces all defenses including SP but breaks after one use; suitable to all classes), Bone Whip (WP:9, damages undead, whip), Harlot's Outfit (SP: 2, immune to poisoned; suitable for Witches, Sorcerers and Harlots; bodywear/footwear), Buffoon's Hat (Prevents anyone from taking the wearer seriously; protects from Free Hits unless the wearer is the last hero standing; headwear),Watt's Artifact (Makes the user’s attacks and spells three times more effective against demons; accessory), Opal (Ice), Garnet (Earth), Amethyst (Darkness), Aquamarine (Water), Ether Core, Elixir, Neutralizer, Phoenix Essence, 3x Mead, 2x Smelling Salts, Nostrum, Smoke Bomb, 2x Deadly Venom, 2x Lovely Perfume (Makes all opponents enamored with the user for 3 rounds when used; consumable), 7 Bones, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Magic Compass, Blue Jelly

img_6932.pngSgt. Jon McEncy (Pyrovisionary) *Party Leader*

54 year old male human Black Knight

Level 23 *Immune to Blinded and Stunned* *Poisonous Defense* *Permanently Hastened*

Power: 48 (23+21+2+2)

Defense: 20 (16+4)

Health: 47/47 (7+22+9+3+3+3)

Gold: 400

Equipment: Demonic Scissors (WP:21, dual strike, Light and Darkness elemental, Hollow [Potion], dagger), Serpenthead Shield (SP:16, causes poisoned by 2-effect to anyone physically attacking the user, shield), Pegleg of Hastening (Permanent Hastened effect to the user; Immune to Blinded, suitable to Sarge only; footwear), Black Knight's Armour (SP:4, protects from stunned-effect; suitable for black knights; bodywear), Swift boots (Changes HIDE into STEAL & HIDE, allowing the wearer to steal gold equal to the target’s level if it carries gold in addition to hiding)

Inventory:

Weapons Wooden Spear (WP:4, wood-elemental spear)

Artifacts Monkey Armor (SP:4, immune to earth and bound; suitable to knights, beast warriors, dragoons, skirmishers and winged warriors; bodywear), Ranger’s Quiver (WP +1 to bows and crossbows, suitable for rangers, beast warriors, infiltrators and winged warriors; backwear), Sterope’s Headdress (Grants the ability to spend a turn to fly out of a battle and return to it later if it is still going; the wearer cannot affect the battle in any way when they are away from it; suitable to winged warriors only; headwear)

Spell Items: Garnet (Earth), “True Love Serenade” (restores 50 health to the rest of the party per round; costs 10 ether; Battle Song)

Consumables: 3 Potions, 2 Grand potions, Health Core, 4 Remedies, 2 Phoenix Essences, 4 Venoms, Deadly Venom, 3 Smoke Bombs, Sleep Bomb, Gold Ring (worth 15 gold; can be given to someone to make them enamored with the giver), 2 Bones, Feather of White (Allows the user to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits. The effect ends if the user targets an enemy.)

Tools: Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Business Card

heroicaquest130-periwinkle.jpgPeriwinkle (NPC, controlled by Khorne)

19 years old female human Cleric

Level 31 *Divert Attacks* *Immune to stunned, poisoned, bleeding, cursed, asleep, fast asleep, confused and hexed*

Power: 32 (31+1)

Health: 39/39 (9+30)

Ether: 35/35 (5+30)

Gold: 43

Equipment: Jaws' Mop (WP:1, double damage against aquatic enemies; broomstick), Narcissus Mirror (User has 1/2 chance to divert all attacks to the next ally in turn; accessory), Periwinkle Ribbon (Grants immunity to stunned, poisoned, bleeding, cursed, asleep, fast asleep, confused and hexed; suitable for Periwinkle only; headwear)

Inventory: Remedy, Neutralizer, Tiger Balm

Sarge takes a long swig of Boomingham's drink before they arrive. He looks upon Salamanda with a sort of curiosity, a curiosity that entails where the hell the nearest bloody bar was. Boomingham had kept some booze, and Eric would be game for a drink, Heckz he wasnt so sure about. Or he could be a proffessional for once in his shortening life, the elder would be more inclined to help and heal him if it was Ovelia.

Sarge turns back to the rest of the party and gives an ultimatum "Alright lads, we got a few days, what say we either get hammered? Or see if we cant find some dirt on our Sister's... competitors, right?" Sarge rubs his hands together with a sort of mad, childish glee. A glint in his eye.

Edited by Pyrovisionary

Out of all the people, it had to be that damned phrase thief, at least in Heckz's eyes.

He takes in all the golden domes and the beautiful sight of the city. Then, he turns to Sarge.

"Oh, please. We have all the free fattening drinks back at the hall. Don't you know Meads contain like a thousand billion calories?And can't you see all these buildings worthy of my presence? Maybe we could go to that golden day tower thing, or the palace!"

He turns to Ovelia.

"We can enter these places, can't we?"

Edited by Cutcobra

"You will have plenty of opportunities for sightseeing, sisters. I do not imagine the next Eldest Sister will be chosen quickly..."

Eric raised an eyebrow. "How come the next Eldest Sister will not be chosen quickly? I imagine the Eldest Sister to be just that, the eldest Sister here. Not really that difficult to figure out who oldest."

The Nord looked around and pulled at his collar. With the back of his hand he brushed off some sweat running across his forehead. He was definitely not used to this heat. And he certainly didn't take a liking to it.

"Yeah, I could do with a drink. A bar is still the best place to gather some intel."

Boomingham glances after Zarissa as she disappears into the building. He had been hoping to ask her honest opinion about who might the best Eldest Sister, but she was already inside. He shrugs and turns to the Nord. "I'll grab a drink with you and peg leg. I need to celebrate getting off that damned boat and settle my stomach a little. Pretty boy can go climb the tower if he wants." He turns to Heckz. "See the palace tomorrow. I'd like to accompany you to that.

Metal armour heats you up like a bloody oven over here... Sarge takes off his helmet, revealing a balding head of hair to the intense sun. Shielding his eyes from the sun sarge looks for the nearest bar.

and peg leg. .

"Don't be so disrespectful" Sarge hesitates, realising he had to act friendly and fight well if he wanted respect. Hard to do either in this heat. "Had to get it amputated, it aint something I'm that nostalgic about. So don't... mention it. Mate."

Sarge leads the way to find the nearest bar or place of debauchery and drinking, dragging Heckz if he dawdles

Edited by Pyrovisionary

He turns to Ovelia.

"We can enter these places, can't we?"

"The Daystar Tower is the abode of the local Circle of Magic. And the Almagesta is the queen of this city-state. So no, I do not think you can just march into those buildings. But as they say where there is a will, there is a way. If you gather enough influence with the citizens, I am sure all doors will open to you."

Eric raised an eyebrow. "How come the next Eldest Sister will not be chosen quickly? I imagine the Eldest Sister to be just that, the eldest Sister here. Not really that difficult to figure out who oldest."

"If only it was that simple. But no, the Eldest Sister is not a literal title, but one stemming from tradition. We are all deemed sisters of the Mother - hence common people call us 'aunts' - and we are naturally led by the eldest sibling. In ancient times, it might have been the oldest among our sisterhood that inherited the title, but oldest is not necessarily the wisest or the most qualified. That is why the Conclave was formed to choose the next leader after the previous one perished. Right now there are numerous candidates among the attendants, but as the Conclave progresses, their number is whittled down up until only the most eligible one remains. I am sure these coming few days will involve a lot of verbal hair-pulling - maybe even literal - but with your help, we can guarantee that the Conclave comes to the right conclusion."

"Which is that you are chosen as the Eldest. Got it!"

"Good. Now, fly off into the city, my little birds, and find out what you can. Remember, Periwinkle must return to me at least once a day. Otherwise I will have to get worried and send the Vindicators after you. I will see you all later, then."

The Revered Aunt Ovelia disappeared into the temple, leaving the party standing in the street under the scorching sun.

heroicaquest130-templeofdanab2.jpg

"Hmm... Did you notice that only four of the five Eubrican Sisters went into the temple? What on earth happened to Aunt Esther?"

Discovered Subquest: Missing Sister!

~EXPLORING SALMANDA~

For as long as the Conclave lasts, the heroes can explore the city to find hidden subquests. They can complete subquests to earn influence that allows them to explore further. Each day is divided into six sections: morning, midday, afternoon, evening, midnight, and the small hours. Most places are open and different events take place only at certain times of the day. The party can visit one district of the city or a surrounding region per section of a day, so moving onto another region costs time. Resting consumes one entire section of the day, but different resting places offer varying benefits. Not resting at all for two whole days will cause fatigue, which causes random negative effects to be inflicted upon the party until they rest.

Time: Midday of the First Day

Influence: 0

Subquests:

Missing Sister

Assignment: “Hmm, I wonder where Aunt Esther disappeared all of a sudden…” ~Periwinkle

Reward: ???

The party were currently at the Temple of Danab at the Holy District. Moving away from the Holy District would move the time to afternoon. Besides the Vindicators, there was a cartographer and a strange woman standing in front of the temple.

heroicaquest130-templeofdanabday.jpg

heroicaquest130-cartographer.jpg

"Maps! Detailed maps of Salmanda for travellers! Just 10 gold! Maps of the city, buy one and never get lost!"

heroicaquest130-nephrimimphish.jpg

"Phor crying out loud! Where could I phind them?!"

Boomingham glances after Zarissa as she disappears into the building. He had been hoping to ask her honest opinion about who might the best Eldest Sister, but she was already inside. He shrugs and turns to the Nord. "I'll grab a drink with you and peg leg. I need to celebrate getting off that damned boat and settle my stomach a little. Pretty boy can go climb the tower if he wants." He turns to Heckz. "See the palace tomorrow. I'd like to accompany you to that.

Heckz is glad that at least someone had taste in the fine things in life. Even if it was Boomingham.

"Very well then. First thing tomorrow. And don't wait up, I do need my beauty sleep."

He then looks at the blood-fabric cloak that the holy knight wast carrying.

"And... do you mind if I borrow that? We would need to look elegant for a palace. Not that I'm already elegant, but this particular outfit of mine was stained by some lowly dwarf that claims to be a diplomat but still says phrases such as 'U can't do that! Shut up!!1!!' and the like."

Sarge leads the way to find the nearest bar or place of debauchery and drinking, dragging Heckz if he dawdles

"No! I have already suffered Shishkebaboos long enough! And plus, you don't even know where that is."

"Hmm... Did you notice that only four of the five Eubrican Sisters went into the temple? What on earth happened to Aunt Esther?"

"Not enough sisters are missing, I guess."

I hope we can also send her back to that Aunt piece by piece.

"Maps! Detailed maps of Salmanda for travellers! Just 10 gold! Maps of the city, buy one and never get lost!"

"I'll be getting that, please and thank you."

"Phor crying out loud! Where could I phind them?!"

Heckz looked at the fish with nothing but pity and distaste. Both because of her clothes. He really wanted to go to that palace though, and without the influence that Ovelia talked about he would only be able to go to a real ball in his dreams. As always.

"What can I help you with, boo?"

The magician fakes a smile.

"I'll be getting that, please and thank you."

"Ah, I love how the Conclave brings in the tourists! That will be 10 gold, please and thank you!"

Heckz paid the cartographer and got a map in return. Not as detailed as advertised, but useful nevertheless.

heroica-mapsalmanda.jpg

"What can I help you with, boo?"

"Can you, really? You are the phirst person to ophpher help!"

Discovered a new Subquest!

Family Reunion

Assignment: “Our phamily came to visit this city all the way phrom the Pharphar Island. Unphortunately I phirst lost sight oph my husband and then my son ran ophph. Please help me phind them bephore anything bad happens to them!” ~Nephri Mimphish, a Pharpharian tourist

Reward: “I can give you this book I’ve been reading on the trip, ‘Phiphty Shades oph Bley’.”

Party:

eric_5_av_zps64ee0fc1.jpgEric (Khorne) *Party Second-in-Command*

30 year old norseman Raider

Level 27 *Natural Respite* *Evasion* *Immune to Fragile, Weakened, Asleep, Water and Earth*

Power: 51 (27+22+2)

Defense: 5

Health: 50/50 (8+7+26+4+5)

Gold: 223

Equipment: Godricsleif (WP: 22; Ice-, Lightning-, Darkness-elemental; greatsword), Pugilist's Gloves (Power +2, protects from Weakened; handwear), Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from Fragile; bodywear), Boots of Evasion (Wearer takes half damage in front row + Immunity to Water, Earth and Asleep; footwear)

Inventory:

Weapons: Conspirator (WP:18, causes Blinded; longsword), Drengazuli Grom'az (WP:6; Dual Strike; axe), 6 Silverfish Wings (WP:8, retrievable, throwing dagger), 2 Diseased Silverfish Wings (WP:8, causes cursed-effect, retrievable, throwing weapon)

Spell Items: Garnet (Earth)

Consumables: Potion, 10 Grand Potions, Health Core, 3 Elixirs, 3 Remedies, Neutralizer, 7 Meads, 6 Smelling Salts, 3 Nostrum, 5 Mulled Wine, Ambrosia, Dragon Scale, Venom, Deadly Venom, 2 Feather of White (Allows the user to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits. The effect ends if the user targets an enemy.), Fire Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Aeolus Bomb, Feather of Lithe (Makes the user nimble for three rounds, giving them a 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER and DAMAGE and Free Hits.), Feather of White (Allows the user to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits. The effect ends if the user targets an enemy.), Bone

BoominghamMock2.jpgLord Lawrence Boomingham (Zepher)

48 years old human Paladin

Level 33 3/4 *Immune to Darkness, Fire, Fragile, Stunned, Sleep, Weakened, and Blindness*

Power: 52 (33+14+4+1)

Defense: 11 (7+4)

Health: 47/56 (10+32+11+2+1)

Ether: 33/33

Gold: 340

Equipment: Frozen Saber (WP: 14; light-, ice- and wind-elemental; inflicts stunned; great sword), Round Metal Shield (SP:7), Tome of Affluence (+10 Gold if equipped for the entirety of a battle; grants immunity to fragile, asleep, weakened, blindness, darkness and fire; accessory), Counterstrike Gloves (If the wearer is damaged by a Free Hit, they counter with strength equal to their level; handwear.), Scarlet Hood (SP:4, grants immunity to stunned)

Inventory:

Weapons: Lullaby Wand (WP:6, inflicts asleep), Silver Sword (WP: 18, Longsword), Scupperer (WP: 17; darkness-, fire- and earth-elemental; inflicts bleeding and poisoned by 10; great sword)

Artifacts: Hood of Belthazar Bluehood (Power +4; Ether -6; headwear), Cloak of Blood Magic (+5 ether, attacks made with darkness magic cause weakened; suitable for mages, necromancers and chi monks; bodywear), Chains of the Pongcanis Chief (Hero Pierces SP if fighting from Front, Enemies ignore SP if hero fights from the back row, cannot be removed in battle), Amulet of Optimism (Adds the confused-effect to all attacks; accessory, suitable to Erdathcath only)

Spell Items: Amethyst (Darkness), Scroll of Recklessness (Encouraged and Fragile; costs 5 Ether; 50/50 chance), Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Fragility, Scroll of Sealing, Emerald Lamp of Summoning (0/3), “True Love Serenade” (restores 50 health to the rest of the party per round; costs 10 ether; Battle Song)

Consumables: Potion, Health Core, x2 Remedy, Elixir, Phoenix Essence, x6 Mead, x3 Nostrum, Ambrosia, x2 Smelling Salts, Fire Brandy (Encouraged, Immune to Ice), Fireball Whiskey (Immunity to Fire One Battle OR 20 Fire Damage All Enemies), Hamantasch (Lucky, Blessed), Jinxy Juice, Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used.), Hair of the Dog, x2 Grating Stone, Oculoid Miasma, Oculoid Fireworks, Saber Teeth, Mythril Shard

Tools: Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe

10632256334_a9ff1c7529_o.jpgJohn 'Heckz' Brutenhal, the Ghostbuster, the Super Sleuth and the School Inspector (Cutcobra)

32 year old male human Sorcerer

Level 25 1/3 *Immune to Sealed* *Jinxed Spells at Double Cost*

Power: 37 (25+12) (Spellpower: 47 (25+12+10))

Defense: 3

Health: 33/33 (5+24+4)

Ether: 36/36 (5+24+1+5+1)

Gold: 720

Equipment: Solemn Scythe (WP: 12, darkness-elemental scythe, 1/2 chance of causing sealed), Magician's Gloves (Spellpower +10; suitable for mages; handwear), Robe Of The Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether + 5, immune to sealed; bodywear), Bad Luck Charm (Makes the sorcerer’s spells - including Razzmatazz and Sleight of Hand - cause an additional jinxed-effect, increasing their ether cost by 1; suitable for sorcerers; accessory)

Inventory: Rawr (WP:9, dagger), Rat Scepter (WP:3, 4x damage to enemies named “rat”; wand), Pitchfork of Abomination (WP:1, pierces all defenses including SP but breaks after one use; suitable to all classes), Bone Whip (WP:9, damages undead, whip), Harlot's Outfit (SP: 2, immune to poisoned; suitable for Witches, Sorcerers and Harlots; bodywear/footwear), Buffoon's Hat (Prevents anyone from taking the wearer seriously; protects from Free Hits unless the wearer is the last hero standing; headwear),Watt's Artifact (Makes the user’s attacks and spells three times more effective against demons; accessory), Opal (Ice), Garnet (Earth), Amethyst (Darkness), Aquamarine (Water), Ether Core, Elixir, Neutralizer, Phoenix Essence, 3x Mead, 2x Smelling Salts, Nostrum, Smoke Bomb, 2x Deadly Venom, 2x Lovely Perfume (Makes all opponents enamored with the user for 3 rounds when used; consumable), 7 Bones, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Magic Compass, Blue Jelly

img_6932.pngSgt. Jon McEncy (Pyrovisionary) *Party Leader*

54 year old male human Black Knight

Level 23 *Immune to Blinded and Stunned* *Poisonous Defense* *Permanently Hastened*

Power: 48 (23+21+2+2)

Defense: 20 (16+4)

Health: 47/47 (7+22+9+3+3+3)

Gold: 400

Equipment: Demonic Scissors (WP:21, dual strike, Light and Darkness elemental, Hollow [Potion], dagger), Serpenthead Shield (SP:16, causes poisoned by 2-effect to anyone physically attacking the user, shield), Pegleg of Hastening (Permanent Hastened effect to the user; Immune to Blinded, suitable to Sarge only; footwear), Black Knight's Armour (SP:4, protects from stunned-effect; suitable for black knights; bodywear), Swift boots (Changes HIDE into STEAL & HIDE, allowing the wearer to steal gold equal to the target’s level if it carries gold in addition to hiding)

Inventory:

Weapons Wooden Spear (WP:4, wood-elemental spear)

Artifacts Monkey Armor (SP:4, immune to earth and bound; suitable to knights, beast warriors, dragoons, skirmishers and winged warriors; bodywear), Ranger’s Quiver (WP +1 to bows and crossbows, suitable for rangers, beast warriors, infiltrators and winged warriors; backwear), Sterope’s Headdress (Grants the ability to spend a turn to fly out of a battle and return to it later if it is still going; the wearer cannot affect the battle in any way when they are away from it; suitable to winged warriors only; headwear)

Spell Items: Garnet (Earth), “True Love Serenade” (restores 50 health to the rest of the party per round; costs 10 ether; Battle Song)

Consumables: 3 Potions, 2 Grand potions, Health Core, 4 Remedies, 2 Phoenix Essences, 4 Venoms, Deadly Venom, 3 Smoke Bombs, Sleep Bomb, Gold Ring (worth 15 gold; can be given to someone to make them enamored with the giver), 2 Bones, Feather of White (Allows the user to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits. The effect ends if the user targets an enemy.)

Tools: Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Business Card

heroicaquest130-periwinkle.jpgPeriwinkle (NPC, controlled by Khorne)

19 years old female human Cleric

Level 31 *Divert Attacks* *Immune to stunned, poisoned, bleeding, cursed, asleep, fast asleep, confused and hexed*

Power: 32 (31+1)

Health: 39/39 (9+30)

Ether: 35/35 (5+30)

Gold: 43

Equipment: Jaws' Mop (WP:1, double damage against aquatic enemies; broomstick), Narcissus Mirror (User has 1/2 chance to divert all attacks to the next ally in turn; accessory), Periwinkle Ribbon (Grants immunity to stunned, poisoned, bleeding, cursed, asleep, fast asleep, confused and hexed; suitable for Periwinkle only; headwear)

Inventory: Remedy, Neutralizer, Tiger Balm

OOC: I guess we have to explore the city as a party? No one can wander off on their own and visit a section/region, or am I mistaken? E.g.: Heckz can't look for the lost family while the rest searches for the Sister?

Eric peeked at the map, looking over Heckz's shoulder, not really caring that he was intervening in the mage's business. "The lost Sister is probably at the beach resort. Yeah, definitely the beach resort," the Nord grinned.

"I suggest we go to the resort, while the sun is still high. Or we get drinks first and then hit the beach to check out the local scene. See what the city has to offer, while we relax after that long and arduous journey..."

The Nord stretched his long, muscular arms and grinned mischievously. "That long journey on which I massacred those pesky Sirens," he bragged, not wanting to let the chance slide by to boast.

Edited by Khorne

Heckz boredly hears the strange woman, until she mentions 'Phyphty Shades oph Grey'. He looks at her exited.

"Where did you see your husband last??? And your son???"

OOC: I guess we have to explore the city as a party? No one can wander off on their own and visit a section/region, or am I mistaken? E.g.: Heckz can't look for the lost family while the rest searches for the Sister?

Eric peeked at the map, looking over Heckz's shoulder, not really caring that he was intervening in the mage's business. "The lost Sister is probably at the beach resort. Yeah, definitely the beach resort," the Nord grinned.

"I suggest we go to the resort, while the sun is still high. Or we get drinks first and then hit the beach to check out the local scene. See what the city has to offer, while we relax after that long and arduous journey..."

"Sure. Just keep an eye out for green beings and tell me first. I'm not going to that bar, though."

Heckz boredly hears the strange woman, until she mentions 'Phyphty Shades oph Grey'. He looks at her exited.

"Where did you see your husband last??? And your son???"

"Sure. Just keep an eye out for green beings and tell me first. I'm not going to that bar, though."

"Not a problem, Sorceror. Don't worry, I'm not after that book. I'm the kind of guy that prefers to learn by doing instead of reading a book about it.", Eric winked.

The old man gives Eric a knowing look after Heckz mentions Throlar, before snatching the map off Heckz and taking a quick look at it. He then idly returns it to the man.

"We's looking for the sister first and foremost, right lads? We check the other temples first, we're already there. Then we gotta check out that fountain of Danab, all the way in the bloody swamp - may aswell get it over with - we can reach the beach by evenin Eric, ladies love a romantic sunset. Then reach the hotel by midnight for some sleep OR hit the bars, see the nightlife aint we."

Hiding a cough by clearing his throat, the man looks to the rest of the party.

QM Note: You can split up, of course, but there will be battles in certain locations, so do so with caution.

Also, if it wasn't obvious, you can only move to adjacent regions on the map, as indicated by the different colors. E.g. from the Holy District you can move directly to the Port, the Souk, the Slums, the Palace District or the Kalakita Bog, but not to the Luxor Dunes or the Shipwreck Shore. You can explore the other locations inside the Holy District within the current part of the day.

I also forgot to mention that not resting for two whole days will cause fatigue, that inflicts random negative effects upon the party until they rest. There is a place to rest in almost every district and region, but some of them are harder to get into or more expensive than others.

"Let's see... I lost track oph my husband Shariph at the Golden Square by the Port, and our son Phred ran away while I was browsing through the wares at the Souk. I'm so worried about them! We are common islanders in a big city, aphter all!"

"Let's see... I lost track oph my husband Shariph at the Golden Square by the Port, and our son Phred ran away while I was browsing through the wares at the Souk. I'm so worried about them! We are common islanders in a big city, aphter all!"

Thinking that he heard something wrong earlier, Heckz keeps asking the woman questions.

"Wait... did you say Fifty Shades of Grey? May I ask what it's about?"

He then turns to the other heroes.

"I think we need to go to the Souk first. Then me and someone else can keep searching for this whatever's husband at the Golden Square. We need some reputation around this city if we want to go into important places. Atleast I'll need it since I'm not going to step into one single disgusting bar."

He turns his eyes at Boomingham with a look that said 'I like your shoes' even though the blonde meant to give a look that said 'Didn't you want to go inside the palace too?'

I wonder what happened to telling the people about what we did to the sirens so we could get some influence. Bloody fish.

"Wait... did you say Fifty Shades of Grey? May I ask what it's about?"

"No, the book is titled Phiphty Shades oph Bley. It is a rather... titillating read."

"You can bet ya! I just didn't know regular housewives read it, as well."

QM Note: Sorry, it was just a typo on my part. You'll get what you're looking for. :tongue:

Please bold your choice where you want to go.

Ooc: Soz, was waiting for party input before waitiong to go off, and my plan was based on the idea we could only rest at the hotel, I didnt read that we could rest in most zones.

Edited by Pyrovisionary

Boomingham passes the cloak to the sorcerer. "Be careful with that." He glances at the map, and his eyes light up happily.

He turns to Sarge. "I'll meet you folks on the beach for drinks tonight, sound good? I've got a little something I'd like to take a look at myself."

Sarge nods at boomingham in slight indignation.He turns around, bangs his chest and starts addressing Heckz and Eric "Right, how 'bout we split? Me n' Eric can look for the sister and some drinks. Heckz, you can gain us influence for your own bloody perverted wants. With Peri." Sarge shrugs and gives Heckz a dirty look, continuing "We get into anything we cant handle, we run (flee) and beat the shit outta' 'em later." Sarge pulls Sterope's decapitated head out of his satchel and mounts it on his wooden spear. "This should gain us enough influence as it is." The old man grins wildy and starts for the great library

Edited by Pyrovisionary

OoC: Apologies... I could swear that you made a post about going to the souk, I'm also headed to the Grand Library. :laugh:

Boomingham sets off down the street, heading for the Grand Library. It takes him a block or two to realize that Eric and Sarge are walking only a few paces behind him. Boomingham begins to chuckle. "Guess that's what I get for assuming," he says as he falls back into pace with his companions. "Didn't take you for book lovers."