Robert8

The LEGO Brick Race

15 minutes ago, Blondie-Wan said:

Wasn't The Billion Brick Race originally going to be released late in the year anyway, though (like, November, say)? Whatever else happens with TBBR, I don't think its makers have any concerns about competition from anything coming out in summer.

The current release date is late May. Toy Story is scheduled to be released 3 weeks after

I think the decision is already taken, it just hasn't been made public yet

LEGO works 1 year in advance, so they should be already working in this movie line by now. So, at this point they have to know what's going to happen with this film

On 16 April 2018 at 12:47 AM, Robert8 said:

I think the decision is already taken, it just hasn't been made public yet

LEGO works 1 year in advance, so they should be already working in this movie line by now. So, at this point they have to know what's going to happen with this film

Do you reckon losing a director will be an issue? Maybe the film will be pushed back along with the sets?

Back at the end of last year I heard a nugget of info from a generally reliable source that strongly implied the movie was aiming for 2020... Take it with a grain of salt; plans change, sometimes people are misinformed, and obviously there's been more developments with this movie (the director leaving) since then. We'll see what happens, I guess...

9 minutes ago, jamesster said:

Back at the end of last year I heard a nugget of info from a generally reliable source that strongly implied the movie was aiming for 2020...

Someone from Warner Brothers, The Lego Group, or neither of those? Did they have any knowledge on at least the basic premise of this enigmatic movie? :shrug_confused:

29 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Someone from Warner Brothers, The Lego Group, or neither of those? Did they have any knowledge on at least the basic premise of this enigmatic movie? :shrug_confused:

An outsider who'd gotten info regarding several things, including a tie-in product for this movie, set for release in 2020 (and it's not the sort of thing you'd expect to launch long after the movie itself, going by the equivalents for previous LEGO movies). Other things that source said have been backed up by other sources since then, and they had the right connections at the right time to get that info, so I have no reason to disbelieve them. Plans can change though, so don't take it as absolute fact. Sorry for being vague - I'd rather not peeve them in the likely chance they read this topic, haha. And unfortunately all that was said about this one was the 2020 release year...

Edited by jamesster

2 minutes ago, jamesster said:

An outsider who'd gotten info regarding several things, including a tie-in product for this movie, set for release in 2020 (and it's not the sort of thing you'd expect to launch long after the movie itself, going by the equivalents for previous LEGO movies).

So at least one tie-in set/product had been already developed? Did he actually see it, or did he only hear about it from others? :distressed:

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

So at least one tie-in set/product had been already developed? Did he actually see it, or did he only hear about it from others? :distressed:

Not developed yet, just on the roadmap for 2020 - at least, it was at that point. It was in a list of several upcoming products of that type (not sets), so the only info about it was the name/year. That wasn't the only info they received, but it is the only part relevant to the Billion Brick Race - the other info they received was regarding other things, though it does seem to confirm the whole batch was legit.

33 minutes ago, jamesster said:

It was in a list of several upcoming products of that type (not sets), so the only info about it was the name/year. 

So, the products in question were tie-in merchandise licensed to other companies through TLG and WB? Stuff such as backpacks, stationary, themed bedroom decor, and the like?

5 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

So, the products in question were tie-in merchandise licensed to other companies through TLG and WB? Stuff such as backpacks, stationary, themed bedroom decor, and the like?

I should probably stay away from saying exactly what kind of tie-in, but yes, something done by another company.

Just now, jamesster said:

I should probably stay away from saying exactly what kind of tie-in, but yes, something done by another company.

Ah, alright, thanks for all that you have shared with us! :classic:

They think the LEGO Movie Sequel's box office will be a huge factor here

If TLMS does as bad as Ninjago, I don't think this Billion Brick Race movie will be ever released

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

They think the LEGO Movie Sequel's box office will be a huge factor here

If TLMS does as bad as Ninjago, I don't think this Billion Brick Race movie will be ever released

You can guarantee The LEGO Movie 2 will be a big success. Chris Pratt is returning, and he's a huge pull.

YAHOO Movies - 'Hotel Artemis' director Drew Pearce: I had to pay for props on my own credit card (exclusive) 

True. I also wanted to ask about The Billion Brick Race.

Yes! It’s a LEGO movie idea that I had and took to [Phil] Lord and [Christopher] Miller and they said we should just make that. I wrote it with Jason Segal who I had written a couple of projects with, which haven’t come out yet, and who I adore. I was going to direct it as well but Hotel Artemis happened so I stepped off. Hopefully, they’re still planning to make it.

So what’s the premise then?

Basically the biggest race of all time but with LEGO. It’s inspired by every race movie ever with a cast, in the same way, that Cannonball Run mixed people from different genres and preexisting ideas. The Billion Brick Race is a movie designed to be able to throw in every single racing idea in history and do it with LEGO, so I hope it gets made.

Hopefully, a load of race car drivers will lend their voices too.

Yeah, It’s more about how many other brands can we throw in there as possible!

Can you get Fleetwood Mac to give you permission to use ‘The Chain’?

That would be great but now Guardians of the Galaxy owns ‘The Chain’. They used it in Vol. 2.

On 7/16/2018 at 3:02 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Can you get Fleetwood Mac to give you permission to use ‘The Chain’?

That would be great but now Guardians of the Galaxy owns ‘The Chain’. They used it in Vol. 2.

I'd prefer it if they use this as the opening theme...

Just a suggestion.

Check out what @LB2341 dug up! *huh*

Dx4m7FrXgAEq3LR.jpg

P.S. This is purportedly Warner Animation Group's slate of future releases, with what looks to be TBBR mentioned in the upper right-hand corner.

Am I crazy or that one looks like Rex Dangervest in the Billion Brick Race poster/artwork?

Just now, Robert8 said:

Am I crazy or that one looks like Rex Dangervest in the Billion Brick Race poster/artwork?

The second character on the right that is? 

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Also, since it's ambiguous in the picture itself, the person who posted it is saying the years listed are when production begins, not release years:

The Billion Brick Race is just listed as "TBD", so... if this is to be believed, I guess the film's just in limbo?

45 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Check out what @LB2341 dug up! *huh*

Dx4m7FrXgAEq3LR.jpg

P.S. This is purportedly Warner Animation Group's slate of future releases, with what looks to be TBBR mentioned in the upper right-hand corner.

I don’t mean to be off-topic, but I saw the Space Jam sequel under 2019! I’m looking forward to that!

11 hours ago, MatthewRC said:

I don’t mean to be off-topic, but I saw the Space Jam sequel under 2019! I’m looking forward to that!

Can you (or anyone else here for that matter) figure out what that other TBA film is supposed to be? All I can make out is that it's title is composed of two words starting with G and B respectively. :def_shrug:

56 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Can you (or anyone else here for that matter) figure out what that other TBA film is supposed to be? All I can make out is that it's title is composed of two words starting with G and B respectively. :def_shrug:

I’m looking it up on Warner Animation Group’s Wikipedia article right now, and chances are it may be a currently-untitled movie.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warner_Animation_Group

14 hours ago, jamesster said:

The Billion Brick Race is just listed as "TBD", so... if this is to be believed, I guess the film's just in limbo?

There were rumours a while back that it'd be on hold until The LEGO Movie 2 results came in so assuming there's an equally positive Monetary reaction to the critical one we should probably Expected to have a bit of reworking and be out sometime in the next Decade

Welp, seeing how TLM2's doing I doubt this film will see the light of day. It's a real shame as from the looks of it they've already spent a bit on TBBR as given what's on the poster at the very least they had to of worked on rendering; Character models, vehicles and a setting for the film and as stated earlier in this thread some non-LEGO merch for it had a "roadmap for 2020" it's a real shame this will likely be wasted