Sign in to follow this  
MassEditor

Freedom to Worship [G:14, DK vs. U]

This guerilla action is against zone G14 .

The wall at Qaryat-Dul-Khat has stood for ages as a place of solace and worship for the people of Kaliphlin. One of Kaliphlin's many holy sites, the wall bears ancient inscriptions describing various religious beliefs and practices.

When Ulandus stormed through the southern Rakarths, Qaryat-Dul-Khat and other shrines fell under the First Centurion's dominion. Pilgrimages ended almost immediately as worshippers feared how Ulandus would treat visitors to these sites. Rumors spread that the authoritarian Ulandians regarded such worship as dangerous and backwards-thinking.

Whether or not these rumors were true, the Desert King saw this as a perfect opportunity to strike Ulandus and demonstrate his devotion to Kaliphlin's traditional values. He sent a small group of civil and military officers to capture Qaryat-Dul-Khat who then invited worshippers to once again pray at the holy wall. In this time of suffering and uncertainty, the shrine has seen a huge growth in visitors. Guards dispatched by the Desert King ensure offerings are not stolen. So far Ulandus has not reclaimed the site, no doubt fearful of further antagonizing the local populace.

16720986157_61c281f5d8_z.jpg

Worshippers come from all over for fellowship, to pray and to leave personal offerings. Below, a Desert King civil officer helps an elderly worshipper while another recites the shrine's ancient inscriptions:

16928280411_7a1529fb84_z.jpg

-----------------------------------

Hello! My first Guerilla Action entry, hope you don't mind the stickers! They seemed to work here and finally gave me something to do with the Moria Mine stickers I've collected. I'd have to admit the rockwork needs some finesse. I would have liked to go a bit bigger to give a better impression of a shrine embedded in the mountain - unfortunately, most of my dark bley slopes are tied up in another build and this was all I could scrape together.

In any case, thanks a ton for looking. Hope you enjoy it!

Edited by MassEditor

Fantastic build! :wub: I love the pillars and the irregular base :thumbup: I really like the dark tan on top of the rocks too :classic:

Looks great! Love the architecture and the use of dk. tan!

Those stickers are so useful! :wink:

Great idea and very well executed. While I love the flawless design of the wall itself (great use of stickers btw) and the great irregular plate, my favourite part is the small path leading towards the wall.

While I have many ideas on how to counter this build, I am not sure whether I could execute any of these well enough to even stand a chance.

:thumbup: This must be somewhere northwest of the Nestlands, then; close to Qarkyr. Edited by gedren_y

A well executed guerrilla ME, the rockwork is very well done, and the height of the pillars is super impressive! :thumbup:

Beautiful build, with a fresh approach :thumbup:

Only thing which looks a bit weird to me is how the pillars are supporting a slab of natural rock?

The rock work is not as bad as you think, but the architecture is great. Excellent guerrilla build for the DK. Did you base this off of the real life city of Petra?

Edited by blufiji

Great job combining the architecture and natural terrain. Good figure posing, too. The whole build conveys a solemn feeling appropriate for the story.

Thanks a lot everyone, glad you enjoyed it!

:thumbup: This must be somewhere northwest of the Nestlands, then; close to Qarkyr.

Yessir! Thanks for helping me out there!

Beautiful build, with a fresh approach :thumbup:

Only thing which looks a bit weird to me is how the pillars are supporting a slab of natural rock?

Now that you mention it, yeah, it doesn't look quite natural. The pillars are only there to support the structure, while the structure itself is embedded into the solid mountainside. Would you suggest pushing the rockwork a brick or two back from the front edge of the structure?

The rock work is not as bad as you think, but the architecture is great. Excellent guerrilla build for the DK. Did you base this off of the real life city of Petra?

Yessir, Petra was definitely the inspiration here. At first I wanted to more faithfully recreate its facade but there just wasn't enough time or bricks!

Edited by MassEditor

Excellent build MassEditor, great work with the columns and the rock-work! :thumbup: This is going to be a tough one to counter for sure! :wink:

Simply beautiful :wub: Wonderful architecture and color choices :thumbup:

I always enjoy seeing your builds, so glad you're a part of GoH :sweet:

Fantastic work ME! Its nice to see how the Desert King helps the people of kaliphlin

Edited by LordDan