Hi everyone! Having been inspired by Matthias Riedel's Blacktron MOCs, I've been making some builds using the same colour scheme. Namely Black, Dark Bley and Trans Neon Green, which is inspired by the Rench minifig from Raid VPR (5981-1) and the Space Villain minifig (8803-6).

I want to say in advance that I was very unhappy with my photography. Sorry about that!

Some Notes!

- The halftrack is originally by Matthias Riedel: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mr_blacktron/

- The crawler is based on a Nova Crawler, which is an alternate build of the Exo-Force kit, Supernova (7712), inspired by Matthias Riedel's blacktron MOC of same: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=412775

- The racer is a recolour of the Agents kit, Infearno Interception (70162).

- The walker is an updated Sub Orbital Guardian (6878-1) from Blacktron II.

- The fighter is a recolour of the Ice Planet 2002 set Blizzard Baron (6879).

- The submersible is a MOC with it's main design forms coming from the Aquazone set, Crystal Scavenger (2160-1).

16304644804_c7caa226bf_z.jpg 16719702737_0d2a64b41d_z.jpg 16739589300_f748e7a817_z.jpg 16719695677_fa71605739_z.jpg 16926035671_f7e346fca2_z.jpg 16739363888_12fab9f996_z.jpg 16740821759_2a49f84868_z.jpg 16927033405_205eb916d6_z.jpg

Many more pics in my Flickr album:

I've also ordered components for 8 more Neo Blacktron minifigs, and am eagerly anticipating their arrival!

Comments welcome!

Edited by Xand0r

Oh, those are very nice indeed...could you make detail photo of the "spiderish" craft in top right, please? Cos that one looks most promising + any spacecraft containing submarine parts - like propellers - is just hilarious right from the principle alone to me. :thumbup::grin:

Oh, those are very nice indeed...could you make detail photo of the "spiderish" craft in top right, please? Cos that one looks most promising + any spacecraft containing submarine parts - like propellers - is just hilarious right from the principle alone to me. :thumbup::grin:

You are in luck, that's an old MOC of mine with TONS of great quality photos to look at:

Thanks for the kinds words!

Edited by Xand0r

Not that bad a job with the photograph. Good job with the build. Black on black is the most difficult. If you what to do more with this problem look into two things. First a seamless background usually a large sheet of paper neutral or gray. Second multiple light sources primary and fill in. Control is easer without flash so you can see in advance. A diffused light sometime help with the reflections. But our hobby, passion is bricks not photos build on.

Not that bad a job with the photograph. Good job with the build. Black on black is the most difficult. If you what to do more with this problem look into two things. First a seamless background usually a large sheet of paper neutral or gray. Second multiple light sources primary and fill in. Control is easer without flash so you can see in advance. A diffused light sometime help with the reflections. But our hobby, passion is bricks not photos build on.

Sadly, I know better! I've taken much nicer shots int he past, but I didn't have my lightbox setup and just wanted to grab some pics! Thanks for all the tips and comments!

Wow, now that model is REALLY BEAUTIFUL, as I said spaceship-submarine combo,,great!!! :thumbup:

Very kind of you! I think you'll agree the pictures are much nicer than the above! Hah.