davidmull

Very happy man but sad wallet! Misb heaven :)

As some of u may know iv starting into trains about 2 months ago. I bought 60052 and 60051 to start.

I really like them and sourced 7939 then which I really like.

I also got the station too.

I hope to have a nice layout some day,for now iv just a small layout. Iv always been into technic but can't believe how much more addictive this theme is,the problem is u want everything!

Anyway the last month iv picked up the best of the best! Iv a fortune spent but I have sold off some technic to offload some cost.

f1e463f4b3f7f8b25a080f0fcdbfe9cb.jpg

d76d57898106d87d3670374ebf54640f.jpg

d31d582a036c80a0e4c60e2512f3ec4b.jpg

Very happy with all even tho I'm eating beans for a month :) the shed was expensive as hell along with the emerald night but have to have them. All boxes had to be mint Also.

Edited by davidmull

Build them? Are you nuts? Those sets are MISB! Do you know how much the value drops when you open them?

Dang! You have a much deeper desire to eat beans than I do, but I tip my hat to you.

Ker-ching!

I'll leave the shed boxed for now,but I really would love to build it. Shed was €350. But even a second hand one now is making €200-€230.

I'll build the trains :)

What exactly is the point of showing off? That you got loads of money? Some of us have 50-100 times that and we don't go around tootin' our horn, you know

And why do you want that 9V trainshed for your too wide plastic trains anyway? It's much better as an investment. A decent and bigger shed can be made for much less

How about MOC'ing something cool instead of flashing, eh?

And please drop that pre-teen "u" while you're at it :wink:

Welcome to trains!

Cheers,

Ole

What exactly is the point of showing off? That you got loads of money? Some of us have 50-100 times that and we don't go around tootin' our horn, you know

And why do you want that 9V trainshed for your too wide plastic trains anyway? It's much better as an investment. A decent and bigger shed can be made for much less

How about MOC'ing something cool instead of flashing, eh?

And please drop that pre-teen "u" while you're at it :wink:

Welcome to trains!

Cheers,

Ole

Firstly what's your problem? Secondly I had to sell a lot of technic sets to buy these sets. And thirdly I'm not trying to show off anything was just making a point how addictive these trains are.

If you have nothing good to say keep it shut maybe :)!!!

I'll admit that I don't understand the MISB obsession (rip 'em open and build the kits already!), but I'm envious of your collection.

Thanks guys going to build some soon. Was great offloading some technic sets helped pay for these so happy out. Other than that I wouldn't have them.

Wow! It reminds me of how reluctant I get when it is time to open boxes I bought 1-2 years ago, knowing the price of those boxes has sometimes more than doubled in the meantime...

To avoid this, I will try to build the sets I buy ASAP in the future...

Oh, that shed, I felle sorry I missed it...now that it is out of price.

What's the deal with buying "MISB" sets (Mint In Sealed Box?) sets if you're just going to build them?

It seems that it would make more sense to buy sets with a banged-up or even no box for building.

To me, at least, MISB sets seem like investments: buy now, sell later for a higher price.

Just my 2 cents.

--Cheers, Robert

Yea when I'm looking to build an out of print set, I look for a banged up box, used one already, unless it is a deal. Or I spend the time and bricklink the parts itself. Takes much longer but I don't feel bad for opening up a MISB box.

But enjoy the builds! They are great sets.

There is a joy in opening a MSIB set. It may not be for everyone so do what makes you happy I guess.

There is a joy in opening a MSIB set. It may not be for everyone so do what makes you happy I guess.

To me there's nothing like opening a new set that's 10 years old. Mint dust free Lego that I can store away.

I'll keep the shed in thd box for now but I didn't think the price was too bad. There mad money on eBay and it does seen quiet rare.

I did try bricklink the parts for the shed but it just has to many rare expensive parts.

The yellow hand cart alone is €22 because it's the only set it came in yellow.

The doors are also €25 each and the roof parts are also expensive. If it cost €100 more misb over a second hand set that's the way I prefer to go.

The yellow hand cart alone is €22 because it's the only set it came in yellow.

The doors are also €25 each and the roof parts are also expensive. If it cost €100 more misb over a second hand set that's the way I prefer to go.

Yea I passed on getting the Yellow hand cart, went with red. I was able to find the roof and doors for much less.

In the end I agree with the comments, if you *enjoy* the sets, it will be worth it :D

- JImP

There is definitely a niche for MISB sets. Congratulations on your purchases! I'm still chasing the emerald night but it's just out of reach for now, and dont plan on compromising on the box, have kept them for all my sets.

Very nice train collection - though I agree with jamesed in that i prefer to design my own. Any official set I put together I either mod or sell.

If I did get something like the EN or Shed in a mint looking box now, I would be hesitant to open it. I have a mate who has a UCS Falcon mint in the box, which he is too scared to open and build now - he said if he really wants to build it it's wiser to sell the box version to an investor/collector and purchase a used set for building.

There is definitely a niche for MISB sets. Congratulations on your purchases! I'm still chasing the emerald night but it's just out of reach for now, and dont plan on compromising on the box, have kept them for all my sets.

Ya I'm the same the box condition is very important to me and I keep them. I turned down 2 other boxes because of slight marks. This box is 100% mint and I got it at a reasonable price considering.

Look, the thing is made to be opened and played with so do it :grin:

Or we can do something really lame and start AFA grading Lego so it can be locked away forever without being played with and two identical boxes can have different grades with no explanation. :thumbdown:

Besides, everything in the picture is worthless..................

To be worth money you actually have to sell if and have a buyer as well.

To each their own. I'm of the 50% that would rather have two or three lego sets that have been lightly used over one that is brand new. I'm the same way with cars. I own four, the newest car I've ever owned had 93,000km on it, they all have to have piles of options. Some of my co-workers see me riding around in a different car and seem to have no grasp on reality that the one brand average sedan that they own is more expensive than I paid for the quartet together I understand the appeal . . . believe me its just not my way of doing things.

Trains are pretty wicked and addictive!!