Some great images on here, not done and Lego photos for a while but getting back into the swing of things...

Not the most original....

5425816503_d3416cf6ec.jpg

Darth on the Death star..

5425810209_2ee903f1ae.jpg

Nice work Wayno, Vader knows how to make an entrance!

Guess the game we were playing earlier!

Stormtroopers are not so Tough............

5425901513_1844c19cfc.jpg

Edited by WampaStompa

great to see quality and momentum of new posts growing day by day! some really cool shots!

sorry for not replying sooner / @dummyshot: i stuck a blaster in the "flying" dummies head and moved him while taking the shot. the blaster isn't really visible thanks to the black background. so yes, it's not photoshopped.

here's a new vader portrait, i think i've done so many before i can't count them. was experimenting with very close lighting (the phone was just cm away)

5426012042_364425ab3a.jpg

Vador by leg0fenris, on Flickr

Nice shots Wayno, WampaStompa and fenris :thumbup:

A quick new/old one from me. Been reading the behind the scenes books form Empire & SW (the Empire one came out end of last year), and they are filled with wonderful B&W behind the scenes shots. Particully liked the tatooine ones, so had a trip out to the beach today... But as usual mostly scuppered by the weather!

A few shots are salvageable, but really didn't manage to get what I was after. So thought id have a play round with one of my old shots- and liked how this one came out :classic:

5428930745_476a36f895_z.jpg

Sandtroopers by smokebelch, on Flickr

I agree, had it been a clear sky, that shot would be better than it already is.

Haha- The clouds are my favourite part! :wink: This one is just a B+W recrop of an old shot from a couple of years ago, really loved the clouds on it as I think it gives it a wonderful sense of scale given the figures are so small, often when I do beach shots its a clear blue sky, but that can sometimes look like the figs are just in front of a blue bit of card. The original version is up somewhere near the beginning of the thread.

I did get a couple from yesterday i'll post up soon, but most didn't turn out well cause the sun dissapeared, but thats the usual problem with the UK weather :laugh:

I have a thing for silhouettes at the momment :blush:

*Q* How do i link my photos to flickr - so you can just click on the pic :sceptic: lol

5428929825_3dc3501c43_z.jpg

*Q* How do i link my photos to flickr - so you can just click on the pic :sceptic: lol

Select the image coding and use the link button (link.png).

[url="URL"][img=image source][/url]

Thanks for posting sok117. The last one with the Tauntaun is my favourite.

If I were to offer any advice id would say it would be to maybe look at your composition/framing of your shots, the low angle on the last shot makes it stand out, but the trouble with that can be when unwanted things like fences pop up in the background. Just have fun with it though and play round- and take lots of shots and just see what looks good :thumbup:

Some new ones from me-

Been playing round with Dengar- was never happy with the smiley face/ ninja mask combo on the official figure. Used to use the scarred Anakin head, but decided to update him slightly. And seeing as I was shooting Dengar thought id take some more Bounty Hunter portraits...

5432485162_150b4899fa_z.jpg

Dengar by smokebelch, on Flickr

5432482952_2420246cbe_z.jpg

Bossk by smokebelch, on Flickr

5432480624_73faf0fe30_z.jpg

IG-88 by smokebelch, on Flickr

5431868017_ae45fc3368_z.jpg

Boba Fett by smokebelch, on Flickr

5431864235_0a45a6aaaa_z.jpg

Greedo by smokebelch, on Flickr

And a couple of salvaged Sandtrooper shots from a trip to the beach the other day...

5431395631_4a1aebbbfd_z.jpg

Sandtrooper by smokebelch, on Flickr

5432000534_a33db7604b_z.jpg

Sandtrooper by smokebelch, on Flickr

Nice job, smokebelch. So I was lookibg through them at flickr, and I just noticed, you shoot these with a point-and-shoot? Impressive.

Thanks CommanderFox & Brickdoctor :classic:

So I was lookibg through them at flickr, and I just noticed, you shoot these with a point-and-shoot? Impressive.

Yeah pretty much a point and shoot- its a 'bridge' type camera which means its has a fixed lens, but still allows me to play round with settings a bit. Was only £140, and that was a couple of years ago now.

Keep thinking about getting a DSLR at some point... but to be honest im pretty happy with what I can get from my excisting camera :thumbup:

Great professional-quality shots as always smokebelch! The fantastic lighting is what makes your photos really stand out. :thumbup:

Yeah pretty much a point and shoot- its a 'bridge' type camera which means its has a fixed lens, but still allows me to play round with settings a bit. Was only £140, and that was a couple of years ago now.

Keep thinking about getting a DSLR at some point... but to be honest im pretty happy with what I can get from my excisting camera :thumbup:

Good to hear that P&S cameras can achieve such quality images. The trick really is the lighting, now to figure how I could emulate your photography skills... :sweet:

Love the AT ST and having only just got the endor set simply for this + a few figs :) :sceptic: next on list AT AT.

5432204294_135013a5c2.jpg

AT ST by Wayno

Amazing work everyone! I wish we had snow here in Singapore so I could do some outdoor shots as well. All we have is concrete.

Wayno, that's a magnificent shot of the AT-ST. Marvellous work with the lighting and shadows, it sure cuts a tremendous figure here.

Wayno, you really have the knack for capturing excellent silhouette shots. This AT-ST one is simply gorgeous, like the Vader Helmet and your previous AT-ST entries. Great job and keep 'em, coming! :thumbup:

...now to figure how I could emulate your photography skills... :sweet:

If I told you my secret i'd have to kill you... :laugh:

Nah not really- Its the worst kept secret ever! I use a torch app on my ipod touch to light all my indoor shots, gives off a really nice adjustable light perfect size for lego as well. Its all about the lighting :thumbup: takes a bit of plying round with to get a good shot, but since I started using it as a lighting source a couple of years ago I continually get people asking me about how I achieve the lighting on my shots.

Its so marvelously low-tech, I love it :grin: And it means I can now knock out a shot really quickly, just need a bit of A4 plain white paper and your off. With having an 8 month old baby around its perfect as I rarely have long to play around with my photography these days- hence the lack of outdoor shots from me at the moment.

Anyways Im ramblng now :laugh:

Here's another new one from me, I know nothing for ages an then loads come along at once...

5434617886_8c136101cf_z.jpg

The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers by smokebelch, on Flickr

A much better hair peice for Grand Moff I think, never did like the standard Lego hair on him.

Edit: Oh and lovely AT-ST shot Wayno- really striking image :thumbup:

Edited by smokebelch

Great shot, smokebelch. I agree, that's a much better hairstyle. Really emulates Peter Cushing's receded hairline in Ep. 4. :laugh: Too bad it isn't a bit, uh, shorter.

:laugh: Too bad it isn't a bit, uh, shorter.

Haha yeah I know thats really bugging me too! its almost perfect apart from that...

Edit: couple more Tarkin shots...

5435622587_cdbea7cdc4_z.jpg

Grand Moff Tarkin by smokebelch, on Flickr

5436142470_58efc25928_z.jpg

I recognized your foul stench when I was brought on board by smokebelch, on Flickr

Edited by smokebelch

Great shots of Tarkin, smokebelch! :thumbup: Are you aware that Tarkin will be in the next episode of The Clone Wars next week.

You guys are doing such amazing work!

I just wanted to add a little something of my own :classic:

I can almost promise that there's more to come!

_dsc0336_eb.jpg

Tauntaun-less Hoth reconnaissance