Keep em coming- I want to see more :classic:

Thanks Smokebelch - I try to follow in your footsteps my master!

I spent ages yesterday with a very particular shot in mind using my pet giant slow worm as a space slug type monster to terrorize either my tuskan raiders or sandtrooper on dewback but to no avail. When the worm did face the right way the legomen either were blurry, fell over or had stage fright! Don't they say something about never working with animals or legomen? Anyway - here is the closest to what I wanted - gonna keep trying for the perfect shot! this one sort of looks like the sandtrooper is chasing it(ish).

thehuntstretch.jpg

that's some amazing shot! I never saw this topic before, but you did an amazing work! great, just great, I enjoyed watched the 9 pages of the topic^^ :thumbup:

Don't they say something about never working with animals or legomen?

Hehe too true :wink:

Nice work on the photo- Wow thats some giant slow worm! Good luck getting your shot, I hope he stays still long enough to get what you want :thumbup:

that's some amazing shot! I never saw this topic before, but you did an amazing work! great, just great, I enjoyed watched the 9 pages of the topic^^ :thumbup:

Thanks Guss :classic:

Great photographs! I've been into photography for a long time now, switched from 35mm to a digital SLR a couple of years ago, I even have a 6x9 medium format rangefinder camera. I've always gravitated toward macro photography but I've stuck with nature/plants as a main subject.

Thanks for letting us know your lighting setup. I was going through the beginning of the thread wondering what you were using, a small softbox or regular light with diffuser... Your method is nice and easy, and very inventive I might add.

I look forward to seeing more of your photos and if I take any of my figs I'll post them too.

Thanks!

Well that just has to be some of the best photography I've ever seen smokebelch (and you too Danthebrick!). Definately got to set one of thyese as my wallpaper

Well that just has to be some of the best photography I've ever seen smokebelch (and you too Danthebrick!). Definately got to set one of thyese as my wallpaper

Thanks very much :classic:

Great photographs! I've been into photography for a long time now, switched from 35mm to a digital SLR a couple of years ago, I even have a 6x9 medium format rangefinder camera. I've always gravitated toward macro photography but I've stuck with nature/plants as a main subject.

Thanks for letting us know your lighting setup. I was going through the beginning of the thread wondering what you were using, a small softbox or regular light with diffuser... Your method is nice and easy, and very inventive I might add.

I look forward to seeing more of your photos and if I take any of my figs I'll post them too.

Thanks!

Thanks legoloco, took me a long while to get a lighting set-up i was happy with. Tried making a softbox but didn't really work, the ipod is such an easy way to light stuff indoors, and so flexible for getting the light from diff angles/ creating shadows.

Im lacking in inspiration for shots at the mo, be cool to see yours (or anyone else's)

Post em up! :classic::thumbup:

These pics were very clear, but BS seemed to degrade the quality. :sadnew:

lego_shots_022.jpg

lego_shots_023.jpg

lego_shots_024.jpg

lego_shots_025.jpg

lego_shots_026.jpg

lego_shots_027.jpg

lego_shots_028.jpg

lego_shots_029.jpg

lego_shots_030.jpg

lego_shots_031.jpg

lego_shots_032.jpg

lego_shots_033.jpg

lego_shots_034.jpg

Enjoy!

Nice work Jammiedodger714 :thumbup:

The first one in the grass in my fav- some nice depth of field with the troopers in the background.

If you find brickshelf is degrading the quality of your photos, try putting them on flickr (its free for a regular account)

Quick new shot of some 'slimy worm ridden filth' :wink:

3514051200_7ecc4f2fa8_b.jpg

Man I could go on looking at these over and over again. I can't wait for more :wink:

3514310209_a9a48328cf_b.jpg

Took this shot ages ago, i could never think of a title for it, but it always made me smile.

In the end came up with this shot instead-

3244241131_908e98f3fc_m.jpg

... but was having a look through some old shots today, and the top one made me laugh so i thought id post it up and see if anyone could come up with a good title for it... :)

Any ideas???

"Imperial hangover

-Luckily the other Stormtroopers noticed John wasn't wearing his regulation armor just before the Emperor arrived."

I think that sorta fits, if you consider the second picture you took as "the night before".

Wow, didn't know stormies were that weird, deep inside....

:laugh:

Great shots Jammiedodger714! I like the use of the broken dry soil and the comedy giant chicken shot! Maybe KimT should start a photography competition (maybe ban Smokebelch to give us a chance!) and could have different themes like: best close up, best landscape, best animal scene! etc!

Not sure about making a competition.

I'll consider making a dedicated topic for pics only and then have this one for comments and discussion.

Give me a few days and I'' see what I can come up with.

Not so much a title but a caption... :tongue:

"The great thing about these masks is no one can see you stare."

Hehe nice titles/ captions aramor & posades :classic:

Here's a good one someone left on my flickr which made me smile-

"Is it just me, or is there a draft in here..."

"Is it just me, or is there a draft in here..."

:laugh:

I saw the ones in the Caption Contest on BH and they're pretty funny as well.

You seem to have rocked the AFOL communities understanding of photography pretty well :thumbup:

I had a few minutes over the weekend and I took a couple of shots. For me producing the image was a lot easier than thinking of a good set up. Once I came upon an idea to photograph it just took a little adjusting to capture it the way I wanted to. I had thought to call it Wicket's Wevenge but the tan hooded ewok is supposed to be Paploo and I've got nothing to go with that name.

The image is a bit big :sceptic: ...

However when it loaded I fell in love :wub:

The depth of field is great the olny thing it lacks is a background.

Keep up the good work.

Cool shot legoloco- love the angle and DoF :thumbup: ,

As Tim said could be an idea to use a backdrop for it, even just a green bit of card to give it a bit more of an endor feel, but great shot anyways :classic:

And yet ANOTHER Sandtrooper shot... I live near the beach and seemingly cant go without taking a couple of troopers with me! Oh well, kinda like how the shot turned out so thought id pop it up :classic:

3465446742_c75e0a2887_b.jpg

Keep up the Sandtrooper shots, their my favorite character! Besides Jawas :tongue:

P.S. Smokebelch, What camera do you use?

Edited by General Armendariz

Keep up the Sandtrooper shots, their my favorite character! Besides Jawas :tongue:

P.S. Smokebelch, What camera do you use?

Smokebelch: i've got a fujifilm S8100, not a full DSLR

There you go! :wink: