What do you mean off-topic?

Harrison Ford IS Star Wars... :wink:

Hehe :classic: - very true!

That Indy shot looks awesome.

One comment though, it reminds me of that scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark, and Indy was wearing a German uniform in that scene. Maybe it would be cool to do it with Indy in a uniform? I don't know if there are green uniforms though...

Thanks :classic: - yeah i did think about swapping his body for one of the german soldiers, so as to match the shot in the film, but just didn't look much like Indy anymore- so kept him in his traditional outfit.

Had a look at the Star Wars shots from yesterday again today, didnt quite turn out how I wanted but thought id up em anyways-

C-3PO trying to hail a Sandcrawler :wink:

3465441686_bbc1b6511c_b.jpg

And yet ANOTHER Sandtrooper shot... I live near the beach and seemingly cant go without taking a couple of troopers with me! Oh well, kinda like how the shot turned out so thought id pop it up :classic:

3465446742_c75e0a2887_b.jpg

And yet ANOTHER Sandtrooper shot... I live near the beach and seemingly cant go without taking a couple of troopers with me! Oh well, kinda like how the shot turned out so thought id pop it up :classic:

3465446742_c75e0a2887_b.jpg

:wub:

I love those desert shots :thumbup:

C-3PO trying to hail a Sandcrawler :wink:

3465441686_bbc1b6511c_b.jpg

I think this one turned out pretty nicely. The only thing I could complain about is all of the sediment in the sand, but you can't really control that so it doesn't matter all that much...

Love the Indy Harrison shot as well. :wink: I see you shop at Brickarms, which is a good thing.

I think this one turned out pretty nicely. The only thing I could complain about is all of the sediment in the sand, but you can't really control that so it doesn't matter all that much...

Love the Indy Harrison shot as well. :wink: I see you shop at Brickarms, which is a good thing.

Yeah that was really bugging me too!

Almost didnt put it because of it- i can be a bit of a perfectionist at times :classic:

The brickarms guns are great- placed my first order recently, very pleased with the quality- gonna have to get some of the new weapons they've just put up.

Great job smokebelch! :thumbup: But do you think you could add all of your new pictures to the first post?

Thanks- prob best to check out my flickr page for all my shots together; would be a bit of a picture heavy post if i put em all up at the start :wink:

I've got a set just for all my lego shots :thumbup:

Great job smokebelch! :thumbup: But do you think you could add all of your new pictures to the first post?

That is a good idea, but is there any particular reason you posted twice?

Hey smokebelch, looks like you've defo been making the most of our 'summer' :laugh:

Love your photos :wink: Putting the characters - and not just the LEGO ones - into real environments may seem like an obvious thing to do, but you've chosen such unique places and compositions. The depth and colour you've captured is really nice and interesting to look at... I like the wee bits of humour too!

Good stuff, keep it up.

Thanks- prob best to check out my flickr page for all my shots together; would be a bit of a picture heavy post if i put em all up at the start :wink:

I've got a set just for all my lego shots :thumbup:

hadn't thought of that! :grin:

is there any particular reason you posted twice?

Hmmm... same date, same time... Error?

Maybe on my part.

I love your 'pullin a wheelie' shot although the light reflecting off the corner of one of the bikes looks a little bright. Great anyway though :thumbup: .

That one's awesome. I actually like the little lens flare on the Speederbike. It's like in cartoons, when something is really shiny and now or something there's this little lens flare and *ping* sound.

Also I don't know if that is intentionally, but the other Scout Trooper just has this "meh, show-off" look on his uhm... face... because he's looking at the camera.

Great stuff.

Wow, wonderful photography, very professional. I have to say that I like the landscape/nature shots infinitely better than the plain indoor shots, but great idea using the iPod light.

Cheers guys :classic:

Feel free to use em as wallpaper.

I will, thanks very much. :sweet:

Thanks! I've been needing a new background pic since the "Look Sir! droids!" :grin:

That's my current one ("Look sir, Droids!"). It fits perfectly on my desktop, without any icons covering the troopers. The addition of the crashed escape pod makes the photo even better. The Yoda shot is going to be my next one.

I also like the new speeder bike shot, and I actually like the sun glare on the left speeder, it adds a sense of realism to it. :classic:

That one's awesome. I actually like the little lens flare on the Speederbike. It's like in cartoons, when something is really shiny and now or something there's this little lens flare and *ping* sound.
I also like the new speeder bike shot, and I actually like the sun glare on the left speeder, it adds a sense of realism to it. :classic:

Thanks, yeah I loved the little sun glare!, was a happy accident when i was taking the shot :classic:

Also I don't know if that is intentionally, but the other Scout Trooper just has this "meh, show-off" look on his uhm... face... because he's looking at the camera.

Great stuff.

Hehe- was intentional, glad that comes across :thumbup: , its kinda hard to get across with such small figures with limited articulation :classic:

Couple more Scout Trooper shots (with my long suffering Bonsai tree!- perfect minifig scale :thumbup: )

Couldn't decide if i liked the landscape or the portrait versions better... so i put em both up :classic:

3491825318_85a7866e38_b.jpg

3491835804_2f387d7b7a_b.jpg

Those tiny plants at their feet are the perfect scale! They could be forest ferns or something...

Edited by liquidcross

The lighting on your latest pics really gives a sense of atmosphere to your photos. The little bonsai looks really good in the shot too :thumbup: .

the latest pics are awesome, but i have to say, it doesnt feel "Endor-ish," but good nonetheless :thumbup:

Thanks for the comments :classic:

Another quick shot with my Bonsai- thought of the idea yesterday when shooting the Scout Troopers and couldn't resist taking it today as the weathers nice again-

Stormtrooper Picnic :classic:

3493307837_3a168d0e79_b.jpg

Stormtrooper Picnic :classic:

:laugh:

That's so funny...not sure exactly why :blush:

But seeing stormies do something like that is just..well....funny.

Never thought of them as humans.

Thanks guys, glad your still enjoying my shots :classic:

New Tusken Raider one from todays morning walk along the beach :thumbup: -

3496260267_76faf35a15_b.jpg

Inspired by awesome results of Smokebelch I headed into the depths of my garden yesterday with some minifigs and my camera. Was getting annoyed at how hard it is to a) get the focus and light right and also b) get the whole positioning right to make them not just look like Legomen in plantpots! After many failed attempts my Rebel Troopers appeared and I got some results I was reasonably happy with - not in the same league as Smokebelch but see what you think.....

shot10st.jpg

shot8st.jpg

shot9st.jpg

Nice work :thumbup:

Really like the angle on the bottom 2- gives them a nice sense of scale.

Really good job on these- its pretty time consuming getting shots of minifigs isnt it :wink: Yeah the focus can be really hard to get just right, usually at least half of mine will be ruined cause of the focus being wrong- You should see the amount of shots i get through just to get one good one!

Keep em coming- I want to see more :classic:

Edited by smokebelch