I'm not glad with the result, but it's the best I took.

[snip]

I quite like the end result! the house is quite nice. Is that tan or did you cheat and used white? :grin: I can't see it from the picture

I recently (and finally :wink: ) joined Flickr.

I won't post there all the photos I took because I don't want to "flood" the Photostream but I'll post there a selection of them. Mostly those that mean more to me :classic:

This is the first ever outdoor Lego Star Wars photo I took and so I'd really like to share it here :classic:

18942721016_11675b3407.jpgExploring an alien jungle by BrickSev, on Flickr

EDIT:

Typos corrected

Edited by BrickSev

Beautiful Sev! I love "simple" outdoor shots like that. :thumbup:

Thank you very much :classic:

I'm really liking Lego outdoor photography and I already took other photos. I should be able to post them very soon :classic:

Great photo hachiroku, you've captured the scene perfectly :wub:

I took few more outdoor photos.

This one one of them :classic:

18959348910_02984567e6.jpgScouting by BrickSev, on Flickr

I got several negative opinions on it (without explanations, of course lol) , so if you have some feedback, feel free to tell me. Feedback is always appreciated :classic:

I know it's a very simple photo but I find enjoyable to take outdoor photos of Minifigures and "imagine" they are on some alien planet. Imagination is the most important part of our hobby, after all :classic:

EDIT:

Typos corrected.

Edited by BrickSev

Great photo hachiroku, you've captured the scene perfectly :wub:

Brilliant, I really like the depth showing in the picture.

Great picture hachiroku. Nice job.

Thanks!

This is the scene, by the way:

Falcon-lounge.png

Edited by hachiroku

Sev, as I said before, I like simple quick & dirty shots like that. If I would be inclined to emit a negative opinion it definitively would be about getting that nice minifig (that i don't have) dirty :laugh:

The shot is well composed, great focus and the color distribution looks very good. The shot reminds me of an Umbaran episode on Clone Wars, though I'm not sure that would be the correct clone to use.

Edited by Werlu Ulcur

Sev, as I said before, I like simple quick & dirty shots like that. If I would be inclined to emit a negative opinion it definitively would be about getting that nice minifig (that i don't have) dirty :laugh:

The shot is well composed, great focus and the color distribution looks very good. The shot reminds me of an Umbaran episode on Clone Wars, though I'm not sure that would be the correct clone to use.

Thank you very much :classic:

I would have missed that Minifigure too. It was already retired when I came back to the hobby but I was lucky enough to find 5 of those boxes ( the one with this, the ARC Trooper and two Commando droids) in a store. I bought all of them, of course :wink:

I remember those episodes. The Clones were of the 501st so the armor should be different. The strange thing is when Lego released the 501st AT-RT they put a "standard" Clone Trooper instead of the AT-RT driver or ARF Trooper which would have been "screen accurate".

In my Clone Army I actually put those ARF Troopers on the AT-RTs :classic:

I don't like to get my Minifigure dirty but I like outdoor Lego photography so much. I remove the dirt as soon as I take the photo, of course :classic:

Thank you again for your comment :classic:

I have just enough time before getting off my butt to pick the kids from school to show that my clones are also not afraid of a little dirt :tongue::

clones_01.jpg

Great shot. :thumbup:

Some pointers maybe; try to put the back clone a bit to the right to fill the gap between the plants more and bring the eyes of the front clone to deadcenter of the picture. It would be more even.

But still a wonderfull picture.

Thanks L-Space! When I was cropping the pic I realized I could have set them better, but as I said, I was pressed for time. Today I have the time and I'll try a reshoot.

Hey Werlu, I see where you got the idea for starting the Technic Photography thread, and thank you so much for that!

The great work from all of you inspired me, I don't have any Star Wars set but I might borrow some minifigs and small stuff from my kids and/or friends to try my hand at this :laugh:

Looking forward to seeing more photos here, it's taken me like two weeks to read through this 139 pages!

19226407771_dc259c7644_c.jpgDay 179 of 365: Swatted by dr_spock_888, on Flickr

Why did you have to ruined it with "Jar Jar"? :enough::snicker:

And I do not want to even think what the "Storm-Trooper" is doing. :poke::innocent:

Jar-Jar seems have a way of getting into places where he is not wanted. :classic:

Stormie could just be playing hide and seek with Vader's kids. :laugh:

Hey Werlu, I see where you got the idea for starting the Technic Photography thread, and thank you so much for that!

The great work from all of you inspired me, I don't have any Star Wars set but I might borrow some minifigs and small stuff from my kids and/or friends to try my hand at this :laugh:

Looking forward to seeing more photos here, it's taken me like two weeks to read through this 139 pages!

You got me, touché! :sweet:

I particularly think a thread like this is great inspiration and source of knowledge both for photography and for sets/MOCs/techniques. I was positive that he Technic section would benefit too.