As churchill mentioned, the portraying of emotions is fantastic, 'designholic' ! It's so clear too, Curiosity, interest, disappointment, and then sadness! Great stuff! :thumbup:

Thank you guys :classic: Your comments mean a lot to me!

@ Brickdoctor: I'm sorry about the quotes, I'll pay attention to it as of now :blush:

Great shot Wayno- love the movement: run stormies RUN! :laugh:

And nice shot designholic- poor old stormie, the last frame is perfect.

Very quick one from me- couldn't resist picking up a white Boba :laugh:

5491976344_4c5f06bf27_z.jpg

Proto Boba by smokebelch, on Flickr

Edited by smokebelch

Shameless bump- nothing for ages then 2 shots in a day from me :laugh:

Had a bit of a go at creating a custom Garindan this afternoon- made with some slightly *ahem!* modified Lego parts, was kinda happy with how this turned out.

5492764742_b3ff93f5be_z.jpg

The Informant by smokebelch, on Flickr

Modified or not - this is a great shot that features a character we're still missing badly :sad:

Modified or not - this is a great shot that features a character we're still missing badly :sad:

Glad you like it Kim- I had to use some glue to put him together... Thoroughly deserving of the special name tag now! :laugh:

It is a shame they've not yet done an official Lego version. Im sure by the time the 40 year Star Wars anniversary comes round we'll get one :wink:

Yup that title sure says it all by now :laugh:

Niiiice. :sweet: You need to post shots of how to make that. The use of the arm for the snout just makes it look clean and totally LEGO-ish. I see cut flex tubing for the goggles, and I assume you used a lump of something to hold it all together, but is that an unmodified arm?

So yeah, what it boils down to is...

plz post instucrtoins!!! :laugh:

Took you long enough to swing by Wayno :tongue:

(sorry I'm looking after the smallest of my daughters while the wife sleeps and I've got nothing better to do than lurk here and on flickr :blush: )

Some lovely new shots! I like your GG shot wayno! :thumbup:

CF

Edited by CommanderFox

Niiiice. :sweet: You need to post shots of how to make that. The use of the arm for the snout just makes it look clean and totally LEGO-ish. I see cut flex tubing for the goggles, and I assume you used a lump of something to hold it all together, but is that an unmodified arm?

So yeah, what it boils down to is...

plz post instucrtoins!!! :laugh:

Initially tried to make him with unmodified parts, but couldn't get them to fit beneath the hood so gave up!

He's pretty simple really, the eyes are the small ends of a binoculars piece ( had to cut these off) though some tubing would prob work just as well. These are then glued onto a plain minifig head. The snoot is just an arm, again slightly trimmed at the shoulder then glued onto the head. Hey presto Garindan! And only have to modify a couple of parts :wink:

Oh and great grevious shot Wayno, lovely composition and focus :thumbup:

and another

Very nice! You can almost hear the Imperial March music playing along as Vader strides up the corridor :laugh:

Initially tried to make him with unmodified parts, but couldn't get them to fit beneath the hood so gave up!

He's pretty simple really, the eyes are the small ends of a binoculars piece ( had to cut these off) though some tubing would prob work just as well. These are then glued onto a plain minifig head. The snoot is just an arm, again slightly trimmed at the shoulder then glued onto the head. Hey presto Garindan! And only have to modify a couple of parts :wink:

Ah. :classic: Thanks.

Great shot, wayno!

Ah. :classic: Thanks.

No probs- here's another shot of him. He was quite quickly put together, bit rough round the edges- may have another go when i get a chance. Its also VERY fiddley trying to get the goggles stuck on straight!

5492475247_5c44e6dae0_z.jpg

Long Snoot by smokebelch, on Flickr

Edited by smokebelch

Great new pics everyone, and cool custom Garindan smokey :thumbup:

Totally irrelevant to the topic, but I feel the urge to say that Garindan is the most useless character in Lego Star Wars 2! :laugh:

Love the corridor 2540a shot wayno! :thumbup:

Very nice Garindan Smoky! :wub: Maybe one day when I have a spare light grey(?) arm and binocs and the guts (to cut lego pieces :oh3: ) i'll try it.

Keep up the lovely shots!

CF

Some really nice shots recently. Well done, everyone! :thumbup

I particularly love your Garindan, smokey!

Here are a few more practice shots from me, even if they are a bit boring:

Anakin Skywalker

anakin01.jpg

Ahsoka Tano

ahsoka01.jpg

Rex

rex01.jpg

R2-D2

r2d201.jpg

C&C much appreciated. :classic:

Edited by ADHO15

Some really nice shots recently. Well done, everyone! :thumbup

I particularly love your Garindan, smokey!

Here are a few more practice shots from me, even if they are a bit boring:

Thanks

I like #2 (Ahsoka Tano) & #3 (Rex) of the lot, I know you asked for C&C so i done a quick edit on these images (hope you dont mind)

my advice would be use just one sheet of paper so you dont see a crease line half way through the image, also look ant composition maybe placing fig more to the left/right of image..

as you can see ive blown the background and added a slight blur and sharpened the image

test2.jpg?t=1299260935

again blown the background, Adjusted the sharpness and contrast, also moved him

rex01-1.jpg?t=1299261231

Really hope you dont mind, These are great photos you have done and 2 figs i want lol

Edited by Wayno

I don't mind at all! Thank you very much for the help, Wayno! :sweet:

Can I ask how you 'blew out the background' and blurred certain parts? I can blur the whole pic slightly, but I thought that might make me look like a worse photographer. :tongue:

I have a couple of edited ones that I'll post soon, as well as a couple of unedited ones that I could try out some techniques on.

Thanks for taking the time to help me! It's much appreciated!

I don't mind at all! Thank you very much for the help, Wayno! :sweet:

Can I ask how you 'blew out the background' and blurred certain parts? I can blur the whole pic slightly, but I thought that might make me look like a worse photographer. :tongue:

I have a couple of edited ones that I'll post soon, as well as a couple of unedited ones that I could try out some techniques on.

Thanks for taking the time to help me! It's much appreciated!

No problem, i`ve sent you a PM on how its done ect :thumbup:

Continuing on with the Inspection

"Excellent General, I want these ambient lights everywhere in the Death star, Do NOT Fail me."

5496650027_ca5cecf674.jpg

Death Star Lighting Inspection by Maximus_W, on Flickr

Edited by Wayno

:laugh: Excellent shot, Wayno! Great lighting and funny topic!

Here's one of the edited shots I was talking about:

Onaconda Farr

onaconda01.jpg