Not some very good pics, because I am lacking backgound, lighting and a good cam. But here they are:

Bossk and Boba loading Han Solo into Slave I.

imag0212.jpg

[bossk] Hey Boba, my head is stuck ...

imag0213.jpg

[boba] Shut up and get in or this is the end of your career.

Edited by Balrog

Simply amazing photos as usual, smokebelch, Skipper, Burman, LuxorV. default_thumbup.gif

@Solscud007: Your photos are brilliant too. In the eyes of a non-expert in photography like me, I must say your pics are crisp-clear and looks very good IMO. Great job! default_thumbup.gif The winner for me hands down is this one:

I could just imagine time slowing as Vader and Boba held hands with the sound of love songs in the air... default_laugh_new.gif

that was unintended. I think you are seeing what you want to see haha. I was trying to go for:

Boba: "He's no good to me dead, he's worth a lot to me"

Darth: "The Empire will compensate you if he dies"

Thanks for all the comments. The Jabba shot was kind of lucky, were just two small, 'un-ntaural' lights. I used one LED light with 3 white LEDs inside it. This was set up from behind it and a 1 LED torch, infront.

I like your pics Solscud007. Very OT esque default_classic.gif. Even with your 'budget' lens you have some great photos. What F Number did you use for the AT-AT/Luke ones?

Balrog, a suggestion on your images: Perhaps you should try to build a mini studio with some paper or card (coloured or white) This would greatly improve your pictures with the need for an expensive camera. The EB reviewers Academy has a nice tutorial for that. If you wish to sign up (if you haven't already) you can apply here. Other than that your scenes are very nicely set out default_thumbup.gif.

I took a few more shots today as well. Although HDR doesn't work amazingly well with LEGO, a lack of depth I think, it does achieve some nice effects, such as the background on these photos I took today. The paper I took them against was orange, they turned out pink! The colour reminds me of Planet Teth (?) from the Clone Wars film.

4907650260_4e8a126216_z.jpg

4907657656_2b845b469c_z.jpg

Edited by Skipper 24

Balrog, a suggestion on your images: Perhaps you should try to build a mini studio with some paper or card (coloured or white) This would greatly improve your pictures with the need for an expensive camera. The EB reviewers Academy has a nice tutorial for that. If you wish to sign up (if you haven't already) you can apply here. Other than that your scenes are very nicely set out default_thumbup.gif.

Thank you. I am just getting back to Lego and aquiring sets and stuff. And I need to improve my sorting. I followed this thread for a while and I though I'd try to contribute to this thread with some quick shots of my Slave I that is currently built. :D

I just thought about a background and I still have a huge poster with white background. I will try this. In any case, I will need a better camera for better photos.

Skipper24: If I recall correctly, I believe it was 2.8 or 3.2 for the ATAT foot shot. What is "OT esque"?

Thanks, having it so low I think it made the shot look great and have the obvious focal point.

OT - Original Trilogy

Esque - Style, similar qualities etc.

Thanks, having it so low I think it made the shot look great and have the obvious focal point.

OT - Original Trilogy

Esque - Style, similar qualities etc.

Haha ok I knew Esque but didn know the acronym "OT"

Yeah I used to like DOF (depth of field) shots where everything is in focus. But now I'm playing with shallow focus. A little difficult since my budget lens is all manual focus. With a narrow depth of field at 1.8f/s the focal range is like a sheet of paper. If you are not right on it, you miss it. So I back off to 2 ish

Cheers for the comments on my shots :classic:

Smokebelch what lens and camera are you using?

Just a Fujifilm finepix- only a bridge type camera so has a fixed lens, but lets me play round with the settings. Only cost around £150 (bout a year ago). People always seem supprised that i've not got a DSLR, but just goes to show that you don't need a really expensive camera to take some cool looking shots. Though a decent macro feature is a must for Lego shots :wink:

Oh and liking your shots, really nice stuff. The first with Luke under the AT-AT foot is my fav, looking forward to seeing more of your work :classic:

Cheers for the comments on my shots :classic:

Just a Fujifilm finepix- only a bridge type camera so has a fixed lens, but lets me play round with the settings. Only cost around £150 (bout a year ago). People always seem supprised that i've not got a DSLR, but just goes to show that you don't need a really expensive camera to take some cool looking shots. Though a decent macro feature is a must for Lego shots :wink:

Oh and liking your shots, really nice stuff. The first with Luke under the AT-AT foot is my fav, looking forward to seeing more of your work :classic:

im surprised and sort of not at the same time. Im really impressed by how vivid and vibrant the colors come out in your out door pics.

Do you do any bounced lighting to brighten the shadows out doors?

Do you do any bounced lighting to brighten the shadows out doors?

Nope just use natural light- just me, the camera, some Lego (& usually strange looks from passer bys!).Generally try and get a sunny day if im trying for some outdoor shots, really been struggling to find the time for any location shots at the mo.

Edited by smokebelch

Nope just use natural light- just me, the camera, some Lego (& usually strange looks from passer bys!).Generally try and get a sunny day if im trying for some outdoor shots, really been struggling to find the time for any location shots at the mo.

yeah I know what you mean.

here are some shots i took during feb earlier this year. we had a serious downpour of snow. My problem is i was shooting in my backyard and getting clean shots with nothing in the background is difficult for me.

http://animepunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12007&sid=e9efc73c5b620824808e083f36bd7c15

Cheers for the comments on my shots default_classic.gif

Just a Fujifilm finepix- only a bridge type camera so has a fixed lens, but lets me play round with the settings. Only cost around £150 (bout a year ago). People always seem supprised that i've not got a DSLR, but just goes to show that you don't need a really expensive camera to take some cool looking shots. Though a decent macro feature is a must for Lego shots default_blink.gif

funny- I have the same type of my camera, and the shots are getting fuzzy, even when it's on a flat surface. Do you have a S700?

funny- I have the same type of my camera, and the shots are getting fuzzy, even when it's on a flat surface. Do you have a S700?

Tripods are helpful. Also there is a nifty trick on most cameras, the self timer. It is like a remote. You set the self timer and take the shot. Since the camera is mounted, the self timer eliminates any movement and gives the camera time to stop moving. Even when the camera is mounted to a tripod, the physical act of pushing the shutter button will cause the camera to move just enough to ruin the shot. This is of course only for long exposure shots.

Mine's a S8100fd.

Yeah a tripod's always useful, and as solscud007 says using a timer to take the shot will help with camera shake/ blur. Another really simple way to avoid this is to just place the camera on a flat surface when you take the shot- a lot of the time I just have the camera on my desk when taking shots- if you use the timer as well you should't get any blurs at all. Also make sure you have the camera set to macro for those close up lego shots, some of the blur could be coming from the focus not being correct.

Tripods are helpful. Also there is a nifty trick on most cameras, the self timer. It is like a remote. You set the self timer and take the shot. Since the camera is mounted, the self timer eliminates any movement and gives the camera time to stop moving. Even when the camera is mounted to a tripod, the physical act of pushing the shutter button will cause the camera to move just enough to ruin the shot. This is of course only for long exposure shots.

Yeah, I do that, too.

Picked up a pair of White Boba Fetts at LEGO Star Wars Weekend two weeks ago, and got to trying to find a use for them:

12825057251_DISPLAY.jpg

12825057251_DISPLAY.jpg

Haha!!! :laugh:

I knew there was a use for the white Boba, but I didn't know what exactly, until now. Great job. BTW, is that icing sugar?

I knew it would be soemthing liek that... actually, I was expecting a frozen Boba, but this is better. Nice.

Nicely done Doc. Look how big that carrot is for the snowman Boba. :tongue: At first I wondered why the arms were brown then I realized it was supposed to the wood stick. I guess it would be better if a brown rod/stick piece were used instead of the decapitated brown arms?

Haha!!! :laugh:

I knew there was a use for the white Boba, but I didn't know what exactly, until now. Great job. BTW, is that icing sugar?

Baking soda. It was on hand at the time.

Nicely done Doc. Look how big that carrot is for the snowman Boba. :tongue: At first I wondered why the arms were brown then I realized it was supposed to the wood stick. I guess it would be better if a brown rod/stick piece were used instead of the decapitated brown arms?

Too long. Might have looked better with the hands removed. The carrot's the same on TLC used in the Winter Toy Shop. :tongue:

Not sure if it's any crisper, but Flickr tends to be better than MOCpages.

Nice shot Smokey. I like that you changed Luke's head to the car crash version :tongue::thumbup:

Today my new camera arrived. Here are some shots with it:

Posing Boba and Han!

dsc_0014.jpg

dsc_0019.jpg

Hope you like them!