Great and inspiring work (I may try some myself) - what about some ships involved against similar sunset type background/environments?. Those pics are that good I might get away with buying a print for my house and the wife not complaining too much!

Wow!

Thanks so much for all the comments and warm welcome to eurobicks, glad you enjoyed the shots :classic:

Will def post up any new ones i take here. Loads of other star wars figure (kubricks/ action figures etc) photos on my flickr/redbubble pages as well.

Great and inspiring work (I may try some myself) - what about some ships involved against similar sunset type background/environments?. Those pics are that good I might get away with buying a print for my house and the wife not complaining too much!

Have wanted to do some of the ships, but most of the Lego ships i've got kinda need a space background! (or are just to heavy/fragile/big to take out for outdoor shots!). Always regretted i didnt take the snowspeeder out when we had the snow in the UK this year- it went as quickly as it came so didnt get a chance.

Was meaning to take my USC At-St out to the forest in the car for some shots... however have just taken it apart to Mod my small AT-ST.

Always intended to take this shot in the woods-

3414105897_7c7f813648_b.jpg

...But it turned out pretty well indoors with the light from the sun through the trees craeting a nice forestey effect. Next trip out to the woods will prob try and recreate this though- got some parts coming for a speeder bike mod- so will def get some shots of that outdoors as well.

I'd thoroughly recommend buying a print :thumbup: would liven up any room and comes with a guaranteed wife seal of appoval (well mine any way! :classic: )

Any cash I make from my photos gets plowed back into bricklink for more mini-figs as well :classic:

Bit off-topic i know, as its not Star Wars, but it kinda fits in here with my other photos- couple of quick shots i took of some ghostbusters figures- with the brickforge proton packs.

And please excuse my hand made Fimo Slimer!

3421923233_871cd8d495_b.jpg

3421917043_474c4acc54_b.jpg

Some more Star Wars shots soon... :classic:

Very nice, once again.

You could have just used Rotta, as he is Star Wars related. :grin:

Great shots and photography! :classic: Also, the backgrounds are well-chosen and look great next to the minifigs!

Very nice, once again.

You could have just used Rotta, as he is Star Wars related. :grin:

Thats true it would have meant the shot was technically star wars with rotta in it :classic:

I did have a look on bricklink but seemed kinda pricey to pick up seeing as id only be using it for a few photos. Mind you given how hard it was trying to make a minifig sized slimer, it might have been a better idea!

Thats true it would have meant the shot was technically star wars with rotta in it :classic:

I did have a look on bricklink but seemed kinda pricey to pick up seeing as id only be using it for a few photos. Mind you given how hard it was trying to make a minifig sized slimer, it might have been a better idea!

That hard work really paid off though! You Slimer looks brilliant, I wouldn't have even guessed that it was homemade, it looks like a real toy!

Great work and a big thinks for sharing. Have you thought of including many sets in your minifig shots?

Wow, those pictures really look professional. They really are eye-candy. I like to see you take on the bigger sets or bigger scenes. Good luck with photographing, you're being followed.

Thanks again for the comments :classic:

Quick new Scout Trooper shot- relaxing after a hard days Trooping!

3424092645_5808f486ef_b.jpg

Your Slimer does look great, I just mean't that you could have saved some trouble with buying Rotta.

Wow these are great!

I might have to do some of these myself now...

Thanks- be cool to see others shots as well :classic:

Really couldn't decide yesterday if i liked the portait or landscape version of my relaxing trooper...

Stuck up the landscape on flickr, but today i like the portait better- im too damn indisisive!

Oh well here's the other version...

3426302006_8766928b6a_b.jpg

Wow! I absolutely love your photos! If you ask me that scout trooper could really do with a fishing rod as the way you've photographed it he looks as though he's sitting on a river bank to me. :thumbup:

WOW! These are absolutely fantastic :cry_happy:

They would look great on a canvas print in a lego room! :thumbup:

These pictures are nothing short of stunning. Gotta pick some to use as wallpapers!

I hope you've got some more planned...

Cheers for all your comments!

I hope you've got some more planned...

... Oh yes, many more to come :classic:

VERY VERY NICE!!!! :cry_happy:

you have the most diverse terrain Ive seen and are extrordinary with the camera :classic:

I myself like photography but am NO WAY nere as GREAT as you :classic:

Ill have to practice :tongue:

CommanderFox

Very nice pics!

Well done!

I've been trying that as well but am struggling with the indoor lighting (shadows, equal lighting, reflection, etc.)

I am using a DSLR with a remote flash, desklamp and some reflectors and diffuser but i'am never happy with the result.

Can you give some tips please? What do you use?

Can you post some set-up pictures please?

Much appreciated!

VERY VERY NICE!!!! :cry_happy:

you have the most diverse terrain Ive seen and are extrordinary with the camera :classic:

I myself like photography but am NO WAY nere as GREAT as you :classic:

Ill have to practice :tongue:

CommanderFox

Thanks so much :classic:

Im so lucky to have Forest/beaches etc so close to where i live.

I've been trying that as well but am struggling with the indoor lighting (shadows, equal lighting, reflection, etc.)

I am using a DSLR with a remote flash, desklamp and some reflectors and diffuser but i'am never happy with the result.

Can you give some tips please? What do you use?

Can you post some set-up pictures please?

Much appreciated!

No problem :classic:

I used to be the same with indoor pics- could never get good results. Always used to favour outdoor shots, with some good daylight you could get some fantastic shots with little effort on your part with regards to the lighting.

Could never get the results i wanted indoors. I've got a very small flat and dont have room for a specific area for photography, and dont have any special lights/ reflectors etc. Flash shots always came out looking awful as well.

A few of my early attempts i used candles and a long exposure, which gave some nice moody pictures but not quite what i was after with some shots.

Was getting frustrated over the winter as couldn't get outdoors cause of the weather and wanted to take some indoor pics...

Then had a bit of a ureka moment!- you prob wont believe it but i actually use my I-pod touch to light pretty much all my indoor shots. Remembered there was a torch application you could download for it which just gives out a nice adjustable and clean light. Usually have the camera on a 4 second exposure and about f8 on the appature and obviously the camera either on a flat surface/tripod. Then just hold the ipod and i'll snap away- because im up really close as lego figs are so small it lights em beautifully. Takes a bit of experimenting with how close/ what direction to hold the light, but thats the beauty of digital, you can takes loads of shots and just delete the bad ones. Will change the postion of the ipod from shot to shot so you can adjust reflection/ light direction etc.

99% of the time i'll just use a plain white piece of A4 paper as a backdrop- you can get some good shadows/ colour in the plain paper with the direction of the light.

If you have a look at my photostream on flickr all my recent indoor shots are lit this way (its all toys, but as non-lego i wont post em here- link in my sig), its got different colours as well so the blue/red tinted ones up are all done in camera just using the diff coulours on the torch app. Takes a bit of trial and error- but the main thing to do is just take LOADS of shots, then have a look and see what turns out best.

Damn i've just given away all my photography secrets! :grin:

Hope this is of some help!

Edited by smokebelch

Some great and exciting pictures smokebelch. I really like the Sandtrooper ones the best and how you got the dewback in the background. Good work :thumbup: .

Damn i've just given away all my photography secrets! :grin:

Hope this is of some help!

Don't worry, your secret is safe with me!

An iPod touch... What a great find!

So you use only one light source? No flash, no desk lamp?

The effect on the backdrop is also great.

I guess I could use a colour gel with a ledlight torch and get a similar colour effect.

Will give it a try!

Thanks for sharing!