20 minutes ago, Japanbuilder said:

Thanks I set some of these to public =) Hopefully the bigger resolution makes a difference. 

I tried a few more at iso 200 to see if that changed anything. The previous ones were iso 80. 

Hmm interesting. As I can see you have limited options on your camera when it comes to manual settings, did you change anything on the lighting in between?

The iso200 photos look darker for some reason, but it already started to get noisy in the darker areas, on the iso80 photo with rey's speeder does look a bit hazy on the other hand.

Maybe you can play around with the metering if you have the option.

Anyways it looks like your best choice is to add another light source, stabilize the camera and keep the iso as low as you can. These little Olympus cameras can get surprisingly good in the right conditions.

40 minutes ago, brobert said:

Hmm interesting. As I can see you have limited options on your camera when it comes to manual settings, did you change anything on the lighting in between?

The iso200 photos look darker for some reason, but it already started to get noisy in the darker areas, on the iso80 photo with rey's speeder does look a bit hazy on the other hand.

Maybe you can play around with the metering if you have the option.

Anyways it looks like your best choice is to add another light source, stabilize the camera and keep the iso as low as you can. These little Olympus cameras can get surprisingly good in the right conditions.

The lighting changed a bit. For Rey's speeder I was on a table very close to a fluorescent overhead light plus my LED lamp. On the second shots the light box was set further below the room light but with the LED lamp closer to the top of the light box. I do prefer the ISO80 (which is the lowest I can get) but the light diffusing seems to have affected the exposures. Sadly, the only setting I get on influencing metering seems to be the digital ESP and iESP setting on the camera settings but I will try again and post some newer shots to see if that helps any. Hoping to get a second light this weekend also. 

Edited by Japanbuilder

23 minutes ago, Japanbuilder said:

The lighting changed a bit. For Rey's speeder I was on a table very close to a fluorescent overhead light plus my LED lamp. On the second shots the light box was set further below the room light but with the LED lamp closer to the top of the light box. I do prefer the ISO80 (which is the lowest I can get) but the light diffusing seems to have affected the exposures. Sadly, the only setting I get on influencing metering seems to be the digital ESP and iESP setting on the camera settings but I will try again and post some newer shots to see if that helps any. Hoping to get a second light this weekend also. 

Keep it up, you're getting there! Like I said, I don't know how much you're into photo editing, but most of the shortcomings coming from the setup can be corrected easily in post. All in all your setup seems to be coming together nicely.

1 hour ago, brobert said:

Keep it up, you're getting there! Like I said, I don't know how much you're into photo editing, but most of the shortcomings coming from the setup can be corrected easily in post. All in all your setup seems to be coming together nicely.

Thank you very much for all of your help and encouragement. I will keep striving =) 

32236232283_ee2af7876c.jpgP2222720 by Macster Tome, on Flickr

32925060351_a68cd4fdda.jpgP2222698 by Macster Tome, on Flickr

12 minutes ago, Japanbuilder said:

Thank you very much for all of your help and encouragement. I will keep striving =) 

Just one more advice, you might also want to experiment with the built-in flash of the camera - by holding a diffuser in front of it of course. So that can give you another light source, now I don't know how hard your camera's flash is, but it might be worth a shot if you find something that can lighten it enough. 

But I'll finish being a smarta... happy experimenting! :laugh:

Very happy to have stumbled upon this thread. I love all the cool photos. :)

I won't have anything to exciting to contribute. Just sets placed on a black sheet.

Millennium Falcon 75105

F2mKdc.jpg

On 12/03/2017 at 7:21 AM, VaderFan2187 said:

@Cyh Naan looks really good! Though I prefer the TIE Advanced with red laser tips :wink:

Also, nice new profile pic!

Thanks VaderFan,

Although in the movie, the TIE's laser shots are green, I also find that the red look better for it ! I tried to stay faithful.

The second one :

33212258452_c16ae904c3_b.jpgI'm on the leader (Version 2) by Cyh Naan, sur Flickr

Edited by Cyh Naan
Change color of laser guns

it is interesting that TIE fighters have red laser thingies but they fire green bolts:

DVTX1.png

vader000.jpg

You are right ... I change color. Thanks and sorry for this mistake.

Edited by Cyh Naan

Edit Jim: Please limit your pictures to max 1024 wide by embedding a resized version. Not just resizing them via the post editor. You can host them on Bricksafe or Bricklink to keep your original HiRes version. Or upload smaller versions to Brickshelf. Thanks.

4 hours ago, KotZ said:

I just bought the Millenium Falcon, so here's some pictures I just took, with a tiny bit of editing.

Nice! But you might want to dial back a bit on the DOF, especially at the shot with Han and Rey their faces are not equally in focus

Thanks! I'll definitely take that into account on my next ones.

2 hours ago, KotZ said:

Thanks! I'll definitely take that into account on my next ones.

I think you might want to check the size of those pictures. It seems to take a little bit to load up for me.