Taken me a year since the new Sandtroopers came out, but finally managed a trip to the beach yesterday and smuggled along a passenger for a quick shot ;-)

Sandtrooper by smokebelch, on Flickr

The Beach! It looks nice there, it was all fog up here yesterday :hmpf_bad:.

:tongue:

However the pic does look stunning, the light is making a nice 'ting' sound on his helmet.

Very nice shot.

I remember thinking, way back when the first pics of the new Sandtroopers showed up, "Smokebelch is gonna have a field day with those guys!" :laugh:

However the pic does look stunning, the light is making a nice 'ting' sound on his helmet.

Thanks!

Very nice shot.

I remember thinking, way back when the first pics of the new Sandtroopers showed up, "Smokebelch is gonna have a field day with those guys!" :laugh:

Cheers! Wish I could spend more time getting some shots of these guys- don't live near the beach anymore, and just squeezed in a quick couple of shots whilst I had a chance.

^^^ Cheers guys!

One more alternate shot-

Taken me a year since the new Sandtroopers came out, but finally managed a trip to the beach yesterday and smuggled along a passenger for a quick shot ;-)

Absolutely beautiful. You are very talented. Great photographic eye. What do you shoot with?

really love the sand troopers out and about pics smokebelch. as others have noted, real great photos. thanks!

first post and my first couple of shots. i look to do some pics from scenes from rotj sometime...

DSC_8330_zpse85e9c3d.jpg

DSC_8328_zpsf7fcadd4.jpg

DSC_8325_zps21c5f70d.jpg

I love how clean your images are! Especially love the one with the droids.

thanks kibosh! just got my first lego vader so first pics of him :)

ee-1_zpsb4fd9921.jpg

and my first try at doing lightsabers on images... which is why vaders saber looks pretty shoddily done :) cheers

ccc-2_zps1dc710cf.jpg

These are great images! Very clean and effective. The lightsabers aren't to bad. They are much pretty than I could do! :thumbup:

Smokebelch that alternate picture is stunning, especially with the filter/effect on it, or am I wrong as you have fantastic photography skills!

I'm not amazing at photography, but I think this came out quite nicely!

8535280190_b86a71dab8_z.jpg

LEGO Boba Fett by Metallic11, on Flickr

:drool: Wow, these are great guys! Raphmesiter, I love yours, and yes the lightsabers aren't too bad.

LFCMessi, can I ask what you did in post (if anything at all) to make your picture look like that? It looks like you de-saturated it and maybe gave it a cyan tint.

:drool: Wow, these are great guys! Raphmesiter, I love yours, and yes the lightsabers aren't too bad.

LFCMessi, can I ask what you did in post (if anything at all) to make your picture look like that? It looks like you de-saturated it and maybe gave it a cyan tint.

Thank you for your comment, I actually just held up a regular spotlight and used that as my light source for the de-saturated, it just came out like that :tongue:

Edited by LFCMessi

Another one from me, this time one of my favorite SW figures! Thank you for the kind comment Brickington!

I will admit it didn't turned out as good as the other one (Well at least in my opinion) but it looks decent...

8555975962_04c3b5f2f3_z.jpg

LEGO Senate Commando by Metallic11, on Flickr

thanks kibosh! just got my first lego vader so first pics of him :)

and my first try at doing lightsabers on images... which is why vaders saber looks pretty shoddily done :) cheers

Nice, and I think the Lightabre blades came out well.

I will admit it didn't turned out as good as the other one (Well at least in my opinion) but it looks decent...

I like the blue hue on your photos

I like the blue hue on your photos

thanks for the compliments guys :classic:

LFCMessi, interesting lighting effect. cheers

Thank you, I also like the blue lighting...Raphmeister your picture are also very nice and clear, I especially like your Darth Vader one!

I love your shots raphmeister, do you mind explaining how you shot them? Do you shoot on a glass table or do you have a piece of plexiglass? Thanks!