LegoDakin

10247 Ferris Wheel

Thanks for the feedback. Please check out this, my attempt on a how-to-do.. https://instagram.co...en-by=chilis_no

Choose `multicolor`: http://www.ebay.com/itm/151447734342?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=450639142527&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT, you need 2 pcs. Before mounting, cut off the last 5 lights. Fasten the batteryboxes in the middle of the wheel with strips and gently make the string(s) follow the wheel one on each side...

Edited by Chilis

Can anyone tell me what motor to use on this set? Jangbricks on youtube talked about an s-motor but looking at the footage it seems to be an m-motor.

Can anyone tell me what motor to use on this set? Jangbricks on youtube talked about an s-motor but looking at the footage it seems to be an m-motor.

I have used an M motor.

My Ferris Wheel carriages keep knocking onto the sides of the platform for some reason, and there's a definite lean to one side. I've tried gently pushing it to the other side, pressing the bricks into the build more firmly, and even adjusting the rubber band axles, but it still goes back to its original leaning position. Anyone else facing this problem?

My model has sat built for quite a while now and I'm seeing quite a bit of bowing in the supports due to the weight of the wheel. Has anyone else noticed this? It is most noticeable when viewing the model from the sides. It isn't causing a problem, it just looks like the supports are slightly bent.

has anybody figured out a way to slow it down? a bigger gear maybe? the way lego has it is too fast...

has anybody figured out a way to slow it down? a bigger gear maybe? the way lego has it is too fast...

Changing the gearing would be one way to slow it down. Alternatively, my family connected the motor to the battery box through an IR receiver and used an IR speed controller from a train set to control the speed, which allows it to rotate slower than it does with the motor connected directly to the battery box.

I just found this video uploaded a day ago... hope it helps!

When will production for the ferris wheel stop? I am going to buy the set hopefully before the end of 2016 but I don't want to wait and miss it if production suddenly stops. (It's way cheaper on the official LEGO shop website than at other LEGO sellers) Is it safe to say I can wait a few weeks or maybe months before buying? €190 seems like a great deal. 

I'd say you're safe for a while. The Fairground Mixer would most likely leave the shelves before the Ferris Wheel.