LegoDakin

10247 Ferris Wheel

I got the Spiderman jumper, its a $50 min order to get it.

I have a question, for anyone who has built their Ferris Wheel. On the ice cream stand, what is the second 1x1 side clip part for? There isn't anything attached to it, far as I can tell from the instructions. Its behind the clip that holds the umbrella to the stand.

Hi Talos,

I was wondering the same thing.

I did check the manual three times to be sure that I wasn't forgetting something on the second 1x1 clip part on the ice cream stand...

but I think two of the 453372 were 'easier' to 'produce' then 1x 453372 and1x 4211389.

Edited by Henk61

Talos and Henk61: I think that the second clip is for the ice cream scoop that the vendor has in her hands...

Talos and Henk61: I think that the second clip is for the ice cream scoop that the vendor has in her hands...

Ah ok, that makes sense. My other thought was it was for a possible add-on polybag like the balloon cart or flower cart in the past.

I got mine powered up today, it works quite well, not too fast, not too slow. I had to borrow the battery box from one of my trains though, they are backordered on S@H...seems like its all the time! My local store never has any in stock either...kind of annoying!

Hi FactorXa

Thanks for the reply!

I didn't realize that it could be used as a extra ice cream holder... :blush:

Edited by Henk61

Ordered the Ferris wheel on Monday and I got the message it was out of stock and on backorder. Spider-Man arrived Wednesday and the wheel itself arrived Thursday. It's very nice to build. Love all the details.

For those who are doubting about how to lift, try to lift it at the top where the wheel is connected to the supports. That works very good.

^that's how I was moving mine also. At least before I added the battery box and motor, I hope that doesn't make it too heavy. I should try it and find out..

I went ahead and built it on a 48x48 base. I've moved it quite a few times very easily; I'm glad I put it on the base. As to some comments about it changing the look, I kind of like it. You can turn the grey areas into paths, etc like at many parks. If you don't like the grey, cover it with a few more green plates. Anyway, for those thinking about it, I think the base works great.

OK, I have assembled that wonderful set. However, somehow I must have made a mistake because the yellow lever mechanism doesn't work properly. Has anybody got the same problem? I don't know where to look for the mistake. Help is highly appreciated.

Edit: The problem has been solved. The lever wasn't in the right position. That's why it didn't work properly. Now everything's in order and works well.

Edited by legotrainfan

This is my review of the Ferris Wheel – with stormy and sunny images. :wink:

The build is enjoyable – but the final wheel is great. I put the new set (10247) beside the town hall (Modular) to see the difference in size.

And of course next to the Fairground Mixer. :laugh:

Mine arrived yesterday, very much looking forward to building it.

The box looks great, I can't wait to see it built.

Hopefully I will have time over the weekend to build it at our show and then be able to put it into my city display with the mixer for all the people to enjoy watching it go round and round. I've got a motor, so I won't have to sit there and turn it manually.

My German is a bit rusty, but thanks for a great review! Especially the comparison with the town hall

Oh, you really can ignore what I am saying in German. The important thing is the visual perception. :wink:

Has anyone ordered an IR Receiver along with other PF components for your new Ferris Wheel? I have been fencing on whether I should spend fifteen extra dollars to include an IR Receiver in my future Ferris Wheel order. Well, I am absolutely sure that I want a receiver now after watching the YouTube video below. The video shows a diorama of the three fairground sets together. They all use an IR Receiver to ensure authenticity of the motions. The graceful slow turning of the Ferris Wheel and the Carousel is rather convincing!

Jokerland looks great with the Carousel, Mixer, and Ferris Wheel! I was worried it'd be too out-of-scale.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Could you mod the ferries wheel to gear the motor down? That way you can save $15, but on the downside you'd only have one speed

Jokerland looks great with the Carousel, Mixer, and Ferris Wheel! I was worried it'd be too out-of-scale.

Could you mod the ferries wheel to gear the motor down? That way you can save $15, but on the downside you'd only have one speed

I have to agree that it is the most surprising element in the video! I hope the clown's eyebrows will be tuned into a happier expression, unless it is used as a haunted fun house...

Stuck with one speed, yeah... Variable speed makes me giddy! While extra gears are clever, I also don't really want my ferris wheel to have a jerky performance like in this video:

Edited by Gideon8

Thanks for sharing this! I was hoping Jokerland would fit in.

How can I smoothen out the Ferris Wheel? I added a motor directly as Lego intended. Pehaps a slower speed with a RC/IR control?

Here is a video I made of my Ferris Wheel and Grand Carousel. I put my GoPro on the rides for a POV.

Edited by Solscud007

I have to agree that it is the most surprising element in the video! I hope the clown's eyebrows will be tuned into a happier expression, unless it is used as a haunted fun house...

Stuck with one speed, yeah... Variable speed makes me giddy! While extra gears are clever, I also don't really want my ferris wheel to have a jerky performance like in this video:

Do you know why it is jecky? I guess it is because of the gaps between the teeth of the gears... ?

Holy sh!t. That Star Wars carousel incorporating the minibuilds is utter genius at work! I was nearly incontinent from laughter watching them bob up and down! Well done, sir. Well done.

The clown's eyebrows would have to be moved up a brick to be angled downward in a happy expression. Since it's intended to be menacing, the angry look is hard to change.