LegoDakin

10247 Ferris Wheel

I have just orderd the Ferris Wheel at the lego.com shop... :laugh::sweet::wub:

I hope they will delivered it soon..but on the payment page they said it will be shipped on june the 1st!

I stumbled upon this by accident. Guess the Ferris Wheel has a long history. I love it how much it looks like the current one.

Here's a favorite detail shot of the Ferris Wheel which Huw has reviewed.

17573734261_068c3cae6d.jpg

Also, tree.

16953462253_c75b2a4299.jpg

And loading/unloading mechanism.

17573795305_a8e01e1204.jpg

Edited by XAxles

Neat bit of history with the Ferris Wheel! Having read the Brickset review, I'm a bit on the fence. It looks fantastic and seems to work well, but I hate repetitive builds, and the entirety of the wheel thrives on repetition...I might get it later, but I need to think on it more.

thanks for sharing the video with us merman! It is fun to see the original ideas Jamie had (does it mean we will also get the other rides showed???ha).

Showing out of stock with a ship date of May 29 in the US. I am hoping the Lego Store in Frisco will have it on the weekend of the 23rd when the Lego Americana exhibit is in the mall at that time. Guess I will not get my hopes up too high.

I just received a mail from the lego store that my order was shipped! :laugh:

I just got home with a copy, they seemed to have plenty to sell at my closest Lego store. They gave me the Star Wars free minifig too, even though I didn't buy any SW :-)

They were telling me and other people buying the set that if I want to be able to move it in one piece, I should get a 48x48 baseplate to put it on. The as built, is in several base plates and they fall apart easily if you try to pick it up.

No power functions to sell, told me to get them online, and gave me a free shipping card. I already have the parts though could use another battery box.

It might however come with a promotional set next month when it's released for the general public. Happened to quite a few large sets where VIPs lost that advantage by ordering early. I'm waiting until the first reviews emerge anyway before watching it

That's a fair point though I can't recall too many promotions in the summer months. Anyone seen the June store calender?

^ isnt it the winter soldier minifig polybag

I was wrong, they gave me a Han Solo (Hoth)

I was wrong, they gave me a Han Solo (Hoth)

I think winter soldier starts june 1

Thanks for the video merman, it was pretty hard getting through it though. 'LEGOs', so grating.

Was anyone else able to find the battery box for sale at their Lego store? I tried but they had nothing at my store. I got a free shipping card instead. Online though, in the USA the battery box is not available till mid June!

Luckily, I can borrow one from one of my trains to run the motor.

I didn't want to invest in the $80 needed to buy the rechargable box and charger...

Well, I got an email stating that my order had shipped yesterday. The Ferris Wheel was the only item I ordered. It turns out it is still on backorder (now showing 30 day shipping on S&H), and what they really shipped was the voucher for the Legoland park admission :sadnew: So, if you ordered online when it was already in backorder and you got the email, you might want to check the order details.

One thing I hate about this set, they cheapen base.Rather than one solid baseplate, they choose plates without making it uniform, it is looking like mess for me.

One thing I hate about this set, they cheapen base.Rather than one solid baseplate, they choose plates without making it uniform, it is looking like mess for me.

A 48x48 baseplate is not a very solid base in this case.

A 48x48 baseplate is not a very solid base in this case.

But at least they can make that base symetrical without "holes".It will look great and there will be more place to stands etc.

My Lego store clerks were telling me if I was going to move it around a lot to buy a 48 x 48 base plate to use instead of the 16 x 16's it comes with, but I didn't. They said it would fall apart moving it. I have picked it up a few times and it seems pretty stable. You are stuck with gray as the only choice for a 48 x 48 too, which changes the look a lot.

Is the free Spiderman Super Jumper set only available in stores or also through online shopping? I wanted to wait ordering the Ferris Wheel until now so I would also receive that set, but it does not show up in my shopping bag...

I think I found the source for why we have the Ferris Wheel this year and also why we had the Mixer last year. The caption in the videos say that it's by Jamie Berard. I hope to see the other of his three designs in future Lego releases for amusement parks *fingers crossed* (click to 11 seconds in the 1st video).

We should have a ride like Psycho Mouse. A belt takes it up, and gravity drives the rest. Using power functions, it'll be an endless ride.

Psycho%20Mouse.jpg?m=1326311516

It'll be similar to those penguin race toys.

adaptedPenguinRace-main.jpg

Edited by legobear

I was a bit critical of this model when the first pictures were released but I have to say I take it all back. This model is really growing on me and I can't wait to get it!

Is the free Spiderman Super Jumper set only available in stores or also through online shopping? I wanted to wait ordering the Ferris Wheel until now so I would also receive that set, but it does not show up in my shopping bag...

I'd say that you've answered your own question then.

:/