LegoDakin

10247 Ferris Wheel

You're welcome ... May 13-31: VIPs get Early Access to a new Exclusive LEGO set!

16978926442_a9d4317822.jpg

I was able to find that information myself with a little bit more searching on Google after I remembered about the monthly calendars. Thanks for responding to my question though, as I am certain it will benefit others that come here to read about this new ferris wheel.

Edited by stevkir

What's wrong with the colors, they are wonderful ... bright, modern, I love it!

Does anybody know about VIP access dates for Germany? Is it also May 13, or is that U.S.A. only? I was at my local LEGO store in Frankfurt the other day but they couldn't tell me if VIPs have early access. They were out of store calendars also. :cry_sad:

Does anybody know about VIP access dates for Germany? Is it also May 13, or is that U.S.A. only? I was at my local LEGO store in Frankfurt the other day but they couldn't tell me if VIPs have early access. They were out of store calendars also. :cry_sad:

Lego store staff tend to be badly informed. I guess for many of them it's just a job. But I cannot recall an instance that an early released VIP set has not been released simultaenuously in US and Europe alike. So this should be fine.

Edited by TheLegGodt

Do we have any news about a free polybag going together with the Ferris Wheel, like the Ballon Cart went with the Fairground Mixer? I don't remember if last year the BC was released the same day of the FM or some weeks later...

After few days I must say, this is looks great and big.Great for displaying minifigures.Also price for my country is perfect.I can imagine buying it, and motorizing it also with few pf lights.

I'm not sure - scale wise, it's a better fit than the mixer. But I think the carousel is much more ornate and old-fashioned than the ferris wheel. I guess though a lot of parks keep an old-fashioned carousel around despite everything else being modern, so it could work. Would need some landscaping on the carousel - if I remember right, there's nothing except the motor in the back.

Guys, do you think 10196 is a perfect match with the ferris wheel

The Set the Ferries Wheels, will definitely fits the City/Town and will fit each element in it if you know how to do it! ;)

e.g: I would fit this in an area near the Pizza shop, and other entertainment sets. This set is Huge and will need its own area like in reality!

Cheers

Guys, do you think 10196 is a perfect match with the ferris wheel

You can setup together on a fair ground. When the county fair is happening, you can have additional rides and attractions truck in like the Mixer.

Alternatively, the two can be large rides in the bigger sized urban city parks which sometimes have zoos and train rides or pond boat rides.

I was able to find that information myself with a little bit more searching on Google after I remembered about the monthly calendars. Thanks for responding to my question though, as I am certain it will benefit others that come here to read about this new ferris wheel.

Hi, talked to the store manager in Copenhagen today, and may 13. is hereby confirmed for Denmark as well.

The Ferris Wheel goes live for VIP's on may 13. ;-)

Any creative ideas to integrate the ferris wheel into a line of Modular Buildings?

Ferris Wheels seems to be on 48 studs deep, Modulars on 32 studs.....so if you just have a shelf to display, it could be very challanging to reduce the ferris wheel on 32 studs ground.

What do you think, any ideas yet?

Some people have built their modulars around a square city block with the buildings framing the outside of the square. The inside of the square could be a park or a fairground where you could place the Ferris Wheel. I do not think it would look good sandwiched between two buildings, but it would be fine in a "green" space adjacent to the buildings or in a public square.

The idea to try and place this set side by side with the modular buildings will not work, you will need to give the fair structures their own space. Yes, this does require something like a supper table for 6-8 people to set it up with the modulars but it is very much doable if you have the space for one.

Some people have built their modulars around a square city block with the buildings framing the outside of the square. The inside of the square could be a park or a fairground where you could place the Ferris Wheel. I do not think it would look good sandwiched between two buildings, but it would be fine in a "green" space adjacent to the buildings or in a public square.

I have exactly this. About 6 modulars to the left, 4 at the top, then 3 to the right. And a beach and sea inbetween. As well as many suburban (i.e. Creator houses) buildings and 'filler stuff' (such as a de-winterized version of the WV Carroussel) thrown in in the foreground for good measure. Behind the beach I am going to place the Ferris wheel. Which is bad news for the Eiffel tower that is currently occupying that spot. It is time for that set to retire to storage for a couple of years until it is time to display it again (or if I start taking over another adjacent spare room but I think my wife will protest -;)

p.s. in case you're wondering, I have space for 13 modulars but since we have had only 10 I still have some space for expansion...

Do we have any news about a free polybag going together with the Ferris Wheel, like the Ballon Cart went with the Fairground Mixer? I don't remember if last year the BC was released the same day of the FM or some weeks later...

It would be nice. Maybe some tickets booth? However, FM was opened for additions. FW is quite closed construction.

You could change base plates to grey a plop the thing right down in the middle of your town.

Atlanta, Georgia, USA just put in a ferris wheel right in the middle of Mid-Town. And from what I gather, it's the new "in" thing. I believe Seattle, Houston, Dallas among others have them too.

c700x420.jpg

Edited by P3_Super_Bee

You could change base plates to grey a plop the thing right down in the middle of your town.

Atlanta, Georgia, USA just put in a ferris wheel right in the middle of Mid-Town. And from what I gather, it's the new "in" thing. I believe Seattle, Houston, Dallas among others have them too.

This is true. I live in Atlanta, and for those wondering, the ferris wheel is ride beside an old church-turned-concert-venue, the Tabernacle (the brick building immediately to the right). It's also adjacent to a few restaurant/office buildings and apartments, across from Georgia State University. So it's entirely plausible to plop this in the middle of a city.

Edited by TheFuzz

This is true. I live in Atlanta, and for those wondering, the ferris wheel is ride beside an old church-turned-concert-venue, the Tabernacle (the brick building immediately to the right). It's also adjacent to a few restaurant/office buildings and apartments, across from Georgia State University. So it's entirely plausible to plop this in the middle of a city.

And even if it wasn't plaisible... Where does this obsession from some AFOLs come from that their LEGO layout must be as realistic as possible? Just one trip down The Strip in Las Vegas shows us that a mutlitude of wacky ideas and scales (I mean seriuously the eiffel tower coming out of a bar?) can be mixed as you like. Break the rules, forget convention. Our hobby is about creativity, right?! Let's act our age ;-)

(By the way, not that I am saying that Las Vegas is anying to aspire to ;-)

So is everyone going to rush out and pick one up tomorrow? I was going to go to my local store, I wonder if there will be a rush on this. I have the parts to motorize it when I get one.

I'm certainly ordering it tomorrow. Together with a power functions kit. Probably take a while before I actually build it though.

I predict it will be out of stock around the 2nd week of July, once it's been on sale for around 2 weeks in non-VIP circles. It will then come back in and remain in stock until next summer when it (sadly) sells out. I don't think this set will ever end-up discounted, so no need to speculate on price.

So I say, go get it right now. But then, if everyone thought like this, then the above prediction would certainly not come true...

I'm certainly ordering it tomorrow. Together with a power functions kit. Probably take a while before I actually build it though.

I predict it will be out of stock around the 2nd week of July, once it's been on sale for around 2 weeks in non-VIP circles. It will then come back in and remain in stock until next summer when it (sadly) sells out. I don't think this set will ever end-up discounted, so no need to speculate on price.

So I say, go get it right now. But then, if everyone thought like this, then the above prediction would certainly not come true...

It might however come with a promotional set next month when it's released for the general public. Happened to quite a few large sets where VIPs lost that advantage by ordering early. I'm waiting until the first reviews emerge anyway before watching it