LegoDakin

10247 Ferris Wheel

Yeah, Power Functions are a damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-don't kind of feature. You either don't include them, so the people that want them have to buy them separately, or you do include them, so the people that don't want them have to pay extra for a feature they won't use. But I suspect that, like the Mixer, this will also be sold in a bundle with PF on S@H.

Oh, something like these? I remember Brickset had a database entry for the trains and the Fairground Mixer.

Let's compare it to the 4957 Creator Ferris Wheel from 2007

590803468.jpg

The new one looks so much better and clean.

Edited by Emmi

Let's compare it to the 4957 Creator Ferris Wheel from 2007

590803468.jpg

The new one looks so much better and clean.

Fits more full-size figs, has ICE CREAM!!! along with other amenities, and is built stronger, too. The big ace in 4957's sleeve, however, is the fact that one can build more than just a Ferris wheel from the parts in this set and there were instructions for it. Though it looks like I just suggested a building contest to see who can make alternate models from 10247.

http://imgur.com/a/YGois

Try here. Nice images!

Ok, this set is pretty awesome.maybe I should consider buying it anyway, but still there is the problem of where to put it. Hmm. :/

Now, that we know all of the details, I have to say: I really like this LEGO Ferris Wheel and all the features. And: The colours. But I do love baseplates, of course - we are free to use may be to of them on our own. :wink:

So again: A fantastic model of Jamie. :laugh:

I'm looking forward to build this wheel!

Edited by Rick
No need to constantly promote your Youtube channel

Concerning the colour scheme: We actually prefer these colours over the usual primary colors that are often found in these types of sets. Our grandkids as well, when they are building, will also go for non-primary colors unless they have no other choice.

I agree. I thought the Mixer's primary colors were a bit boring, especially when coupled with the white. This set's got more interesting (and more) colors.

Actually I loved the color scheme of this set from the very first time I saw it. It has a very nice, modern look and I love the transparent parts!

Actually I loved the color scheme of this set from the very first time I saw it. It has a very nice, modern look and I love the transparent parts!

Do you know, in which sets they have used the transparent parts, yet?

The parts are - somehow - similar with the bricks, they use for Space in the 90s. :wink:

Now the one thing that I'm really missing with this set is the use of glow-in-the-dark pieces like they did with the Fairground Mixer.

Dan it! Because this is revealed, price of 10244 has risen a bit.

The price hasn't changed on lego.(insert country here) if you want it you can still get it at lego. In the US it's still 149,99 and in France it's at its normal 129,99, guessing it's the same everywhere else

I fully plan on getting this set. I think it's a beautiful set and looks to be a fun build. Yes, a LEGO set needs to be something I am willing to display but also be something I find enjoyable to build and I will be able to see different construction techniques as I build it.

If a LEGO set is not something I'd put on display and enjoy staring at it for hours, then it's definitely not something I'm willing to buy. I mainly buy LEGO Creator Expert sets, including the recent car series (VW T1 Camper Van, Mini Cooper, this years Ferrari F40, etc.), some Technic sets and that's it. Sets like the VW T1 Camper Van, the Mini Cooper, the new Ferris Wheel, the Sopwith Camel, the upcoming (I can't wait for that!) Ferrari F40, etc. are definitely sets for grown-ups and adults like me. It's something I want and it's something I'll buy, no matter what. Keep up the amazing work LEGO, keep up the amazing work LEGO Creator Expert department!

Very tempted to pick this up and use it as part of a Jurassic World setup, as we know the park has theme park elements. Shall have to see. Phenomenal job by the designers at LEGO - this is a very impressive piece indeed! :classic:

Its on the S@H site now, and $199.99, as all the rumors predicted.

Its on the S@H site now, and $199.99, as all the rumors predicted.

I would like to add to this, that it is listed as available to be purchased June 1st for VIP members. Also, June 3rd is my birthday. /wink /wink

I would like to add to this, that it is listed as available to be purchased June 1st for VIP members. Also, June 3rd is my birthday. /wink /wink

It's available May 13 for VIP members. June 1st is for everyone else.

Is it available for VIP members only on May 13, or is it available from May 13th and onward? The reason I ask is that June 1 is my birthday, and I would like to go pick it up at the Lego store. Only problem is that the 1st is a Monday, and I have to work all day. The mall at Frisco is going to have a traveling Lego exhibit that covers the weekend just prior to the first. I would hate to go out to see the displays and have to hold off buying anything at the Lego store because I missed the Ferris Wheel by one or two days.

Is it available for VIP members only on May 13, or is it available from May 13th and onward? The reason I ask is that June 1 is my birthday, and I would like to go pick it up at the Lego store. Only problem is that the 1st is a Monday, and I have to work all day. The mall at Frisco is going to have a traveling Lego exhibit that covers the weekend just prior to the first. I would hate to go out to see the displays and have to hold off buying anything at the Lego store because I missed the Ferris Wheel by one or two days.

May 13 and onwards.

I must be missing something then, because I look on LEGO.com and even look at the June calendar and all I see is the June 1 date. Where is the May 13 date coming from?

You're welcome ... May 13-31: VIPs get Early Access to a new Exclusive LEGO set!

16978926442_a9d4317822.jpg