LegoDakin

10247 Ferris Wheel

"Sequel to the Fairground Mixer" doesn't make as much sense now that it's not speculation.

and now it's more a sequal to the Caroselle ride than the mixer. Massive disappointment from my side, I'd really hoped yesterday's picture was a prototype, the colours are just weak IMO.

I really wanted it to pack down onto another truck,

Assembling and disassembling a large transportable ferris wheel won't be as easy as the setting up the Mixer. You'll need at least 4 trucks and trailers and a crew of minifigs with no fear of height. :classic:

Edited by dr_spock

Now that I see it... there's a glaring lack of safety in those gondolas. Other than that, I find it neat.

Oh, I don't know--if my butt could click into my seat and keep me in place, I probably wouldn't need any more safety features. ;)

Oh, I don't know--if my butt could click into my seat and keep me in place, I probably wouldn't need any more safety features. ;)

Whoopsie-doodle! I forgot figs have stud receptors.

Wow this looks really cool. I'm not as interested in the mixer because so much is wasted on the vehicles but I'll be happy to purchase this. I can really see myself trying to morrize it AND put some light features on the starburst parts!

It looks interesting and quite colorful as many Ferris Wheels go. Hopefully it will not be near the $200 range although I fear it might be. If given a choice between this and the Detective Office (difficult to afford everything!), I could very well go for the Ferris Wheel.

Is there a possibility that the title of the thread could be changed reflect the Ferris Wheel now that we know it is the successor to the Fairground Mixer?

Funny how tastes differ. I really like the colours, think they are very sunny, reminds me of a sea-side big wheel. On the other hand, i don't really care too much for the colours of the mixer. I don't hate them, they just doesn't go wow for me either though

If given a choice between this and the Detective Office (difficult to afford everything!), I could very well go for the Ferris Wheel.

Unless you are a modular collector I would certainly prefer the Wheel over the DO. The DO does not stand out as much, is only an OK addition to the series.

Offcourse it looks much better than the first one, but this does not fit with the mixer :-(

Also maybe there are a lot of hidden bricks; but 250 euro's??

Honestly a little bit disappointed, but staying open for a second look...

In my opinion, the Fairground Mixer ist a great set - one of the best in 2014. It has been a lot of fun to bulid this roundabout. And it looks very cool.

So I am rellay up for the the Ferris wheel: I don't see, that these two buildings didn't fit together. Okay, the trucks are missing this time. But in London, the Ferris wheel didn't change the position, too. :wink:

I am looking forward to see the Wheel in Action, like the Mixer last year. :laugh:

Edited by Zusammengebaut

In my opinion, the Fairground Mixer ist a great set - one of the best in 2014. It has been a lot of fun to bulid this roundabout. And it looks very cool.

So I am rellay up for the the Ferris wheel: I don't see, that these two buildings didn't fit together. Okay, the trucks are missing this time. But in London, the Ferris wheel didn't change the position, too. :wink:

I am looking forward to see the Wheel in Action, like the Mixer last year. :laugh:

I agree. I think the Ferris will fit with the mixer and any future releases. A Ferris wheel can't never be out of scale, there are so many different sizes in the real world that proves it. London's is a very good example, but there are others, like the one in Prague that can be seen on the classic "The Third Man", for example.

The mixer is probably one of the best sets in Lego history. That's for certain. I would like to see more images of the Ferris wheel though. I know it's going to be released in two weeks or so but why so secretive :wub: Wish we could get some more images of it.

Wow with each update photo it looks better and better. Thanks for posting pzh2000! And it confirms like we all thought that it can optionally be used with Power Functions.

This set is just getting more and more brilliant.

LiBrick has all of the HD too. My Flickr's borked, so it's a good thing someone else got another link. There seems to be a love triangle going on in this set.

TAFOL and phz2000, thank you guys :laugh: . You guys are amazing for getting these for us. The set looks brilliant and I'm so happy to know we can optionally install a power function. I believe I can see the crank on the bottom right of one of the images. I really can't wait to add this to my collection. It really put a whole positive atmosphere in a city full of police officers :tongue:

Picked up the ballon cart polybag in prep for getting this. Need to pick up a motor on Friday when im in the lego shop. After initially being disappointed with this each additional image impresses me more and more. Now let's hope the price doesn't spoil it !

Tried to click on it and it said that it is a private page. :sceptic:

Allen took it down, possibly on TLG's request. Either way, I've seen enough. It's locked in for me. Now the F40... Edited by XAxles

Questions? Do you guys think that the Motor 8882 (now on sale on lego website) is too much for this beast? :) Any experience in trying to reduce the speed of the motor using the rechargeable battery (8878)? Does it have a "lego base" surface like the 8883 Motor? I put the 8883 on the Winter Village carrousel and had to use the "spiral" piece to reduce the speed. Advice?

What impresses me the most is the new torso prints! That never happens in Creator sets! I also like the new double-sided head for the little girl who dropped her ice cream. And the face for the nervous boyfriend who's apparently afraid of heights. If I'm not mistaken, the black-haired boy has a new face, too. I don't like how two figs have the same hair and torso, though.

Edited by 8BrickMario