LegoDakin

10247 Ferris Wheel

Those trees are so brilliant, and I presume it's just a 4-sided SNOT brick with flower stems on all sides and the top, which makes me wonder how I never thought to do that before.

I have mix feelings on this set. First of all it is a beautiful and prefect set , but my major qualm concerns the size of the set. I was expecting something more in the scale of the mixer set from last year. I just think its too big.

Like it even more now, other than I'll definitely do some color swaps. Replace the light blue legs with something darker, maybe even just dark grey, and replace the green and purple gondolas with probably blue and red. Nice bold, primary colors.

Those trees are so brilliant, and I presume it's just a 4-sided SNOT brick with flower stems on all sides and the top, which makes me wonder how I never thought to do that before.

I believe they utilize the new six-stemmed flower stalk from the Elves sets. I don't think it would look quite as full with only three-stemmed stalks.

The box makes the set look even better! Can't wait for an official reveal!

Anyone notice the baseplate it is sitting on? Looks like normal plate rather than a traditional baseplate.

Edited by Solscud007

Thank you Wodanis for the picture. It's great to see it in all of its glory.

I can't see a power function on it though, does it mean it's not going to be there? Also, TEN minifigures!? Whoa.

This is going to be lovely !!! :wub:

I found on internet photo of box, width is 36 cm height 60 or 80, its hard to tell.One ice cream vendor and bench with tree on front side, from back side there is probably nothing.

Pretty lack of detail, if you ask me...

This looks pretty cool but I'm not a fan of the color scheme either. It would be a fun piece to have and if it's motorized, awesome!!

Now that I see it... there's a glaring lack of safety in those gondolas. Other than that, I find it neat.

I found on internet photo of box, width is 36 cm height 60 or 80, its hard to tell.One ice cream vendor and bench with tree on front side, from back side there is probably nothing.

Pretty lacking detail, if you ask me...

Then again, though, most fairground wheels don't have that much other amenities save the ticket seller. In fact, this is a bit more loaded than average.

In the US, there are a few fairgrounds that have permanent rides, augmented with traveling rides for the actual fair. The State Fair of Texas and the Washington State Fair at Puyallup, are two just off the top of my head, so it's not completely out of the ordinary for that sort of mix.

I like it, but it really is enormous, isn't it?

The box picture on Brickset, which is, mercifully, not diagonal:

17270685776_f1c5467c7b_o.jpg

Yes, I know there's a bit of the box that's isn't there, but deal with it.

Also, here's what Huw thinks the price will be:

However, we can see that is has 2464 pieces which is about the same at the Parisian Restaurant. We can extrapolate, then, that the price should be similar: about £130 / $160.

Hundred sixty dollars sure sounds pretty darn cheap for a full-functioning Ferris Wheel of its size, but it'd take sometime time before we find out if this set is worth the money.

And... I Spy With My Two Little Eyes... two other seemingly brick-built carnival rides. A Roller Coaster's big loop section and a Swinger (forgot the correct name), to be exact.

Edited by XAxles

Thank you all very much for the information, the links and the pics! :classic:

I keep my final judgement for after having seen clear and detailed pictures of the press release.

But so far I've to say that on the one hand it does look very well designed but on the other hand it is a bit too huge and much more expensive than I would have awaited it to be - esp. since there are even no additional stands included which is really a pity.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Can anyone determine the size of the gondola's roof?

Is the dish 4x4 or 6x6?

6x6.

Also, I think I spot a few rare torso prints in here, like the dolphin shirt from the Juniors Beach Trip!

A rollercoaster of "flying swings" would be pretty cool. I wonder how many rides (and how many years) this theme will make (and last).

Now who here thinks this set can become three times larger with three copies of the set?

I have been reading $199.99 also. With that kind of part count. I read its about 24 in. tall, 15 in. wide. I have to worry about space on this one..! I am currently running at a space deficit here..LOL

Is it possible to rename this topic "10274 Ferris Wheel", now that we know what the set actually is? "Sequel to the Fairground Mixer" doesn't make as much sense now that it's not speculation.