LegoDakin

10247 Ferris Wheel

If you look under the base where the yellow gondola is you can see a rod going out and then a grey gear piece on the other side, i think that confirms it will be a hand crank which may be able to be motorised :)

Okay, so that's it........OMG !

Delightful, wonderful...........AWESOME !

Though not interested because I have no where for it and I would of needed to buy the past two sets to link them into this !

(my guess - bumper cars next :laugh: )

Brilliant, far nicer than I was expecting. Personally I love the colours and the design/detail at the base. Will look awesome with the mixer and carrousel. Day 1 purchase for me.

I'm seeing 9 figures?

...and do we not have the calendar this is appearing on available yet?

I like the garden around the base, it reminds me of a bunch of ferris wheels that I've seen around the world.

Edited by rollermonkey

I'm seeing 9 figures?

...and do we not have the calendar this is appearing on available yet?

I like the garden around the base, it reminds me of a bunch of ferris wheels that I've seen around the world.

Ten figures. The calendar is beginning to show up at some stores; should be everywhere by the end of the week.

I love the size of it...of course, that means more $$$, but it looks quite proper. It might have been nice for it to match up a bit better with the Mixer, but real fair rides don't match, either. It's a shame it can't be "packed up", but I honestly don't know how they could accomplish an impressive Ferris wheel and a transport for it as well. Very colorful, too. Are those transparent "dragonfly wings" on the spokes new in that color? Those light blue bricks will be useful for some, as well. I wonder what the tie-in poly will be for this set?

My only concern is that the gondolas won't be sufficiently weighted down. I hope the rotation of the pods is smooth as the wheel rotates.

Edited by 8BrickMario

I actually think the size is misleading. A solid brick count, to be sure, but perhaps not as much as one would initially think - lots of technic pieces and hollow scaffolding makes it big, but not especially dense (so to speak).

Part of me wants to believe that, of the two colors of flowers that comprise the small tree, not the dark pink, but that the other, is green and not the usual bright green. Of course, the picture is a low-res one. But to finally see that round flower plate in green would be really cool.

Great looking ferris wheel!But I dont know why they dont officially revealed it yet.Whats going on...

It is always nice having a wife that enjoys LEOG's and when she sees this she gives me the nod of approval and says we need to get that. Then in the next sentence says not sure where we will put it but we need to get that.

I don't think it is all that hard to add a Power Function motor and battery box to it if it doesn't come with one.

While it does look very nice, it also seems to be quite a repetitve build. I will await some reviews before buying.

While it does look very nice, it also seems to be quite a repetitve build. I will await some reviews before buying.

Really? have you EVER seen a ferris wheel in real life that isn't repetitive? By that reasoning any object or structure with a large amount of symmetry would be disqualified from becoming a LEGO set.

Although I can't help but be a little disappointed if true that it does not pack onto a truck, this travelling fair idea could have been a great long term theme, even at 8 wide trucks, I can imagine the limitations it also places on the designers.

I am SO relieved they have not continued with the design cue that it must fit on a truck. The mixer would have been so much better if they could have just focused on delivering a really cool mixer. The truck IMO is just a novel gadget that is best forgotten.

I think it's gorgeous :wub: ! I'm happy with the power function (looks like it has it). The colors and flowers really reflect a Spring mood. My best guess is that this is going down in history as one of the must haves in a town center piece - the fair :laugh: . My only gripe is going to be the scary price $$$ :cry_sad: .

Looking forward to this. For those complaining that it doesn't fit on a truck(allegedly) don't be too disappointed. Having spent many year working on fairgrounds only the older type wheels build/pack directly to one or two trucks. In the modern era of 'Sun wheels' they usually have to be packed on three or four and usually are built from the floor rather than the back of a truck.. I'm sure the master builders out there will come up with a few MOC's of this!

Edited by Mark Kay

Looking forward to this. For those complaining that it doesn't fit on a truck(allegedly) don't be too disappointed. Having spent many year working on fairgrounds only the older type wheels build/pack directly to one or two trucks. In the modern era of 'Sun wheels' they usually have to be packed on three or four. I'm sure the master builders out there will come up with a few MOC's of this!

Tell some more stuff.

As for me... I'm waiting for the designer video and PDF instructions. I'm seeing some cool techniques that can be used to make an arch bridge like the one in Sydney.

Any idea if there's a bonus polybag for May for this similar to the mixer and balloon cart?

None that I know of or seen in the calendar, but methinks the can go for a cotton candy machine (with a Unikitty reference, no less) or a small carnival game like one of the smaller builds in the Fairground Mixer.

On second and more detailed look I'm more interested than I was Initislly. However I'm sure the designer vid will show off all the neat features (I bet there's glow in the dark elements like the mixer) so fingers crossed hey show it off soon. If people are saying $199 I'm guessing £169 which is a bit pricey but typical !

The colour scheme is based on a skyline - the blue bars are the sky, the yellow struts on the wheel are the sun. Personally, I think this works really well with the brick-built mound that the ride sits on and gives it a nice easy-on-the-eye feel.

I've always looked on the Fairground Mixer as being the typical carnival ride, with purposefully garish lights and colours, but it works well for that scenario. With this Ferris Wheel, you have something that isn't designed to be transported and can stand the test of time.