Sign in to follow this  
Bacon Potatoes

A Failed Insurgency [WZ3:G15, Ulandus]

A Failed Insurgency

forest1.jpg

After the Ulandians occupied the Nestlands, insurgencies began popping up in an attempt by the locals to regain their land. After the Ulandians blocked an essential trade road in a dense forest in the region, a small group of cloaked local fighters attempted to retake the road. Unfortunately for them, the Ulandian fighting force guarding the route was prepared, and after a quick and one-sided battle, the guards were able to drive off the attackers.

forest2.jpg

The Ulandians hold off the Nestlanders.

forest3.jpg

An overhead shot of the skirmish.

Nice! Like the underbrush, though how it could grow on rock is beyond me.

:thumbup: Fair enough, but this is Warzone 3. And I doubt those were clansmen, as they are yellow, not fleshie. From the look of them, they are probably some of the guards for our trade partners that were in Cobalt Vale before the invasion.

:thumbup: Fair enough, but this is Warzone 3. And I doubt those were clansmen, as they are yellow, not fleshie. From the look of them, they are probably some of the guards for our trade partners that were in Cobalt Vale before the invasion.

That's a bit harsh, don't you think? Maybe Bacon doesn't have fleshies, I don't know, or maybe he just prefers yellow minifigs. As long as it makes sense, I think it shouldn't matter. :wink:

While I agree that those plants probably won't grow on solid rock, I think the rest of the build is really well done. I like the placement of the minifigures, and I like especially how you managed to create such dense brushes with "grass-parts". Looks really nice.

As others have already said, vegetation growing on rock is a wee bit strange, but other than that, great job! The foliage looks suitably lush, and good work on the posing as well. :thumbup:

Oh, and yellow figs rule! :grin:

Nice build BP, its great to see the rebels getting defeated :wink: Excellent work with the vegetation and minifig posing! :thumbup: