BobThePom

[MOC] Venator bridge

Hello Eurobricks!

Bob is back and this time I'm here with a Venator Class Star destroyer Bridge and a little story to go with it.

Story first, build later,

enjoy!

(Captions are below the photos)

1.jpg

Jedi Master Bolla Ropal stood on the bridge of the Coruscant Sky and contemplated the force. Something was off.

2.jpg

From behind him his Lieutenant called out - "Sir, there's a bit of interference on the Holo-Table"

His mind slowly thought through the event and he felt a deep sense of unease settle itself in the pit of his stomach.

3.jpg

The Trooper at the display board called out - "Sir, the interference is affecting the display too."

The bridge was silent as the unease spread between troopers.

Looking out the window Master Ropal realized just how silent and vast space truly was.

4.jpg

Master Ropal felt a twinge in the force.

"Can you do a scan of the hull..." - He asked of his second Lieutenant, his voice trailing off.

The bridge was eerily silent.

5.jpg

It seemed as if the whole ship was holding its breath.

The scan seemed to last forever but in reality it could not have been more than twenty seconds.

6.jpg

Master Ropal turned around slowly. "Shut the blast doors Lieutenant" - he said, though his voice was almost a whisper.

"Yes Sir" came the reply. The silence was nearly palpable. It felt sacrilegious to break it so the clones remained noiseless.

Even the normal, soft hum of the computers seemed to have stopped.

The blast doors closed with a barely audible 'hiss'.

7.jpg

Master Ropal raised his right hand, as if reaching out through the stifling silence, towards the blast doors.

Even that small movement was lethargic and slow. Master Ropal had to use an inordinate amount of willpower to break the eerie quiet.

"They are coming"

8.jpg

His feet making small, regular, tapping noises as he made his way along the corridor, General Grievous approached the blast doors to the bridge. His journey from where his cloaked boarding craft had penetrated the hull had been thoroughly unnerving, even for him.

He hadn't spoken a word, nor encountered a soul as he silently paced the hallways. His soldiers had also refrained from making a sound. The General knew from his experience on Hypori how beneficial it was to unnerve the enemy but this was different.

Though he didn't know it, for a reason he couldn't pin down, he was just as unsettled as Master Ropal was.

9.jpg

The blast doors slid aside with the same barely audible hiss, thanks to the tampering of his guards and the General advanced into the room. The troopers had their guns drawn and Master Ropal had had the foresight to ignite his light-saber.

The two commanders faced each other across the Holo-Table, neither wanting to the one to break the oppressive silence.

But all things must end.

10.jpg

In the end the silence was broken, not by the Jedi or the General, but by Master Ropal's Lieutenant. He fired the first shot and the trooper on the adjacent side of the table saw this as his sign to engage, firing a brief round at the General.

Two deft light-saber strokes later and soldiers were on the floor. A lithe jump onto the Holo-Table and the General had the upper ground.

11.jpg

Following in the subtle footsteps of their general, the separatist soldiers marched into the room. They efficiently dispatched the remaining resistance. The Troopers could not even cry out. The B2's advanced purposefully into the room, their shots making soft "btew" noises. They didn't waste a single shot.

12.jpg

As quickly as it had begun, the battle drew to a close. While sparring with Master Ropal along the catwalk the General thought of some remark to make. Normally he would say something to put his opponents off guard but not a single word came into his metal head.

Odd.

Unnerving.

13.jpg

Their light-sabers connecting with subdued "ktiss" sounds the two opponents fought.

14.jpg

Master Ropal was outmatched and he knew it, though no sound passed his green puckered lips as he struggled against his mightier foe.

General Grievous could see that Master Ropal was tiring. He should have felt encouraged. He didn't. The fact Master Ropal had made no sound throughout the whole fight, not even a grunt, unnerved him.

15.jpg

With the last of the Troopers lying forever still the room slowly filled up with metallic specters. Faceless. Silent. They represented the unyielding corporations that had commissioned them. Merciless. Cold.

16.jpg

Knocked to his knees at last, and with a claw round his throat, Master Bolla Ropal was defeated. The General's iron grip tightened. Master Ropal cast his eyes up, into the General's face, appealing, but to no avail. The featureless face remained emotionless.

17.jpg

The General peered down at his defeated foe. The whole bridge had fallen silent once again. The shuffling of his soldiers had receded slowly, then ceased all together. He didn't know the being he held by the throat. He tightened his grip. He wanted to make it talk, scream, sing, anything except remain silent.

But that was exactly what Master Ropal did.

He remained silent.

18.jpg

He could end it now. Slide one of his four light-sabers delicately through the Rodian's sternum. He hesitated. He could feel the emotionless gaze of his soldiers pierce right through his armor plates. He knew they couldn't possibly be judging him, but that's what it felt like.

Judging him for what?

real_19.jpg

"Stop"

The harsh voice rang out through the motionless scene in the bridge. It was unsettling. Grating. Alien.

Masking his presence, and the presence of the two Troopers with him, by using the force, Master Quinlan Vos had stealthily made his way to the bridge.

20.jpg

Launching himself onto the Holo-Table in the same way the General had earlier, Master Vos skilfully and quickly dismantled the General's faceless soldiers.

19.jpg

Cutting down all the soldiers that stood in his path, the grim-faced Master Vos and the two Troopers accompanying him approached the frozen scene.

22.jpg

The General dropped Master Ropal and turned to face the new threat. The Jedi and the Cyborg held each others gaze, each belligerent unwavering. The General wondered humorlessly to himself whether Vos was coming to aid him or fight him. No-one truly knew where this rogue's loyalties ultimately lay.

23.jpg

The General decided that today, Vos's loyalties lay with the Republic. Probably a wise choice.

In a single acrobatic leap the General broke off his eye-contact with Master Vos and vaulted, across the heads of the Troopers and the bewildered Jedi, to land lightly on the Holo-Table. Jumping down he decisively departed down the corridor and passed out of sight.

Master Vos let him go.

As the General made his way to his ship he wondered whether he would be seeing Vos again. He came to the conclusion that he would. What he couldn't decide was whether the meeting would be on Serenno or on some backwater rim-world in opposing trenches.

24.jpg

Master Ropal picked himself up off the smooth floor and faced Master Vos.

"Thank you" - He said.

"Don't" - Master Vos replied. "It was hardly a victory. Just a waste. Of good machines."

Master Vos turned and, ignoring the two Troopers behind him, walked down the passage and out of sight.

Master Ropal surveyed the dead and then, when he had looked his fill he turned to stare out into the darkness of space.

"Sir, it obviously slipped the busy mind of Master Vos" - the first Trooper began. His companion sniggered.

The first Trooper continued -"but we have a message from the Jedi High council. They want you to go to Devaron, to the temple of Eedit, and protect a Kyber crystal. Your apprentice, Tyzen Xebec is already there."

Without turning around Master Ropal replied - "set the co-ordinates Trooper."

Though the unease and the eerie silence had passed he was still confused as to what to think of the events that had transpired.

He would meditate on it later.

As the Coruscant Sky jumped to hyper-space Master Ropal reflected on how good it would be to be finally removed from the war. He had overseen the construction of the temple on Devaron and he knew just how peaceful it was there.

End.

Now for the build! I hope you enjoyed the story, it was fun to draft and tell. The build itself took me a day to complete and though the pictures don't show it the whole thing can be taken apart into four modular sections. I would love to make a whole Venator to go with it but my wallet says no...

25.jpg

The build used all the light bley tiles that I own.

26.jpg

I'm particularly proud of the way this part of it looks. The patterns on the floor were also really interesting to devise.

27.jpg

Before anyone says it, yes I do realize two 1x2 light bley plates at the top of the forward windows, below the bar would have made it look more even. However I only noticed this after I had packed my camera and tripod away...

It was really enjoyable building this and I hope you like it!

Cheers,

Bob

Very good story and a great job with the pictures. I can't say I'm entirely familiar with the Venator bridge but the holotable strikes me as too close to the door. It seems like it would be an impediment to fluid movement. Otherwise a great build.