frogstudio

MOC - 60051 Club Car and Extended Car

Hi dear friends!

I want to present you one of my latests MOCs. Despite de hate ofsome to the one piece nose of the last City Passanger train, I must say I really love it. I've owned several other passanger trains and have decided to keep this as hte High Speed Train for my layout. Yet, as in all LEGO trains, Ifound it to be a little "short", so I decided to build a couple of additional cars for it. My first intention was to build a Club Car, taking as reference the one released for the Metroliner (4547 - http://brickset.com/...4547-1/Club-Car ) and an additional car as the one that came with the set. But, destininy had it's own intetions.... The Bricklink seller made an error when sending my order and, instead of a 24 studs base, he sent a 28 studs one! Since I live in Argentina, and getting pieces here is really a mess, I decided my best option was to try to extend de car whith the pieces I had available in my collection, rather that waiting for the correct base to arrive. No more words on these, so staright to the images. Hope you like them!

Club Car:

60051-001.jpg

60051-002.jpg

60051-003.jpg

60051-004.jpg

Extended Car:

60051-005.jpg

60051-006.jpg

60051-007.jpg

And lastly, a couple of videos of the full train running!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube....ed/fiNkw9kMqOQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube....ed/vOB8uYfuMkk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

P.S: I would also like to invite you to follow the topic of my city layout. It has plenty of train stuff in it, so you might be interested ( http://www.eurobrick...opic=107070&hl= )! Cheers to all, and as always, comments are appreciated!

I really love the extensions!!! Great job with the Club Car!!!!

Nice work. They look good. Since the extended car is second class, you could probably add 4 more windows to the car to maximize seating capacity. More passengers equal more revenue. :classic:

Nice work. They look good. Since the extended car is second class, you could probably add 4 more windows to the car to maximize seating capacity. More passengers equal more revenue. :classic:

I don't have them!!!

I really like the club car! Very good job! What I miss in this and in general in the city train is the doors!

I totaly agree! It's a pitty that LEGO doesn't include them any more... and, in this case, it's hard to add them, as there are no trans black glasses for those!

AWESOME work there 'frogstudio'......they make excellent additions to the original train.

Brick On 'frogstudio' !

Those cars are a really nice addition to the stock train set. The club car is particularly well executed with the generally hard to use windscreens. If you have time, it would be nice to see a photo of the complete train too (instead of relying on the videos)

Impressive leverage of this rather common train (at least in my appreciation). I was not appreciating this set too much but with what you turned it into, it really stand out. Nice realization, just hope that Mr LEGO is seeing that. By the way, did you add a motor or do you stay on one?

Impressive leverage of this rather common train (at least in my appreciation). I was not appreciating this set too much but with what you turned it into, it really stand out. Nice realization, just hope that Mr LEGO is seeing that. By the way, did you add a motor or do you stay on one?

Nope, just kept it with a single motor and it still runs quite smoothly. :)

Edited by frogstudio

This is a great MOC, and it's good to see that the newer trains can now also have a variety of carriages; one loco pulling lots of identical coaches looks a bit boring to me.

When did Lego stop making accessory carriages? Beside the 4547 reissue, the only accessory carriages I remember are the two grey Santa Fe ones.

As far as I know, the Metroliner was the last regular train to get additional carriages. I don't think of the Santa Fe as a regular train.

Nice MODS! I recently ordered one of those trains just to keep the Power Functions parts for a MOC I just finished. I find the set rather dull, but your MOD cars certainly make it look better!

I made club cars for my 7938/7939 hybrid train a few years ago but I also made some baggage cars and I repeated that for my extended 60051

60051baggage.JPG

And here's my extended coach (one of four). By using 1x2 bricks as the tables instead of 2x2 I was able to fit three sets of seats in the window area. I may have to steal frogstudio's utility box design as it's much more interesting than mine. :wink:

60051coach.JPG

Edited by Snapshot

I made club cars for my 7938/7939 hybrid train a few years ago but I also made some baggage cars and I repeated that for my extended 60051

60051baggage.JPG

And here's my extended coach (one of four). By using 1x2 bricks as the tables instead of 2x2 I was able to fit three sets of seats in the window area. I may have to steal frogstudio's utility box design as it's much more interesting than mine. :wink:

60051coach.JPG

Hadn't seen these when I posted in your leftover topic!

Dan-147

Nice club car design, however I don't think high speed trains need club cars

Ofcourse not! But its all about the looks. Being creative, thats Lego!

Dragging up this topic, but I've built all of these cars in LDD and extended the cabs (?) by 4 studs to have long cabs.

It looks amazing in a long version, just need to save up now!

Edit: Added the picture.

post-11283-0-40323200-1438431520_thumb.png

Edited by DanFraser

I like it a lot, almost makes me buy the 60051 set. When I do, I'll definitely be inspired to do something similar.

I really like your club wagon and would like to build one myself, but I can't find the windscreen bits you used for the roof. Not the curved ones, but the straight 3*6*1 (?) pieces. Anyone who knows the part number on BrickLink? Help would be very appreciated.