ZCerberus

Slave I Retrospective and UCS Comparison

4 hours ago, banckster said:

Hello ! Ultimate article !! Do you have ldd file for non-ucs versions?

I believe there is a topic on ldd models in the ldd forum. Just go look around and you should be able to find it.

I’ve never seen this before and I simply have to comment phenomenal work.

The amount of work to give us this excellent retrospective!

Thank you!

Talk about Necromancing on old thread!!

But since it lives on...

Still have yet to see it, but based on the truth of other rumors, it looks like we should be expecting another Slave 1 soon- updating the story may need to be a thing soon enough!

Though I don’t have it, the little Slave 1 in the Cloud City set would be a fun add as well.

sorry if this was asked already. Do you have a instructon how you build the stands for the older Slave 1? 

8 hours ago, Boba Brick said:

sorry if this was asked already. Do you have a instructon how you build the stands for the older Slave 1? 

He had a .lxf file (Lego Digital Designer) file for it, but it doesn’t work anymore. I messaged him over a month ago about updating it, and he said he would “put it on his to-do list”. I waited about two weeks after no updates and asked him where he was along in the process, and he never got back to me. So, who knows. It sucks because they’re awesome little stands that many of us seem to want to make. 

Yeah thats is rwally sad. After my journey to get all Slave 1, i would love to present them like this. 
If someone have some ideas to  build stands like this, please let me know. :) 

6 hours ago, K_W said:

@ZCerberus looks like a new chapter has been opened in the Slave 1 story! Any chance we'll get your assessment of the newest iteration?

I'd say there is a very, very, very good chance.

The thing is, I am out of town starting tomorrow for a few days on work travel, so as @Seyguh has learned, I have a busy life and putting it on my list may mean a few weeks before I have any time at all.

I would also toss in the semi-minifig scale one from Cloud City too I think.

As for the stands... without LDD support anymore and with a move to windows 10, I found making the instructions difficult.

I tried switching over to studio from bricklink to make the model, and it worked fine, but it seems I would need to put in more thought to make the instructions than I have time for.

I did a google search for a free place to host files and found one... no idea on the quality of the site or the like, but if you would like to try to download the instructions for bricklink studio, here you go!

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=02896881536165477233

To get this to work on the newest Slave though, I needed to make some very minor revisions.

Check out the 20th Anniversary version of the stand here:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=75983208672416795028

On 4/8/2019 at 10:01 AM, ZCerberus said:

I'd say there is a very, very, very good chance.

The thing is, I am out of town starting tomorrow for a few days on work travel, so as @Seyguh has learned, I have a busy life and putting it on my list may mean a few weeks before I have any time at all.

I would also toss in the semi-minifig scale one from Cloud City too I think.

As for the stands... without LDD support anymore and with a move to windows 10, I found making the instructions difficult.

I tried switching over to studio from bricklink to make the model, and it worked fine, but it seems I would need to put in more thought to make the instructions than I have time for.

I did a google search for a free place to host files and found one... no idea on the quality of the site or the like, but if you would like to try to download the instructions for bricklink studio, here you go!

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=02896881536165477233

To get this to work on the newest Slave though, I needed to make some very minor revisions.

Check out the 20th Anniversary version of the stand here:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=75983208672416795028

What a great topic! With Boba back on Mando Season 2, I finally built Slave 1 – 20th Anniversary Edition 75243 that I got on sale last year, to go with the Razor Crest, curiously to know what Mando gets as the replacement to Razor Crest.

Very keen to see your comparison 75243 to the others if you have the time to write it up and post it here. 

Edited by Wurger49