Sign in to follow this  
MattZitron

2005 Wishlist

Man this Commander thing is confusing.

I'm sure we will get another CXommander (perhaps not Cody) in the second wave of ROTS set

Ok, I'll explain this out. Mind you, I'm not an encyclopedia of Star Wars knowledge, but I got this.

Commander Cody is in the Clone Juggernaut Tank set. He doesn't look exactly like the Cody we will see in the theaters, but he will have a striking resemblance. He's the guy with the yellowey-orange markings and the shoulder armour. It wouldn't be Bly because Bly has the armoured skirt, and the minifig is not.

The Clone in the Clone Walker is NOT Neyo, NOR is he a commander at all. He is a clone which sports the symbol of the commander or group he's in. You see, things have changed from the Clone Wars. They started out to have anynomus markings, which were similar all around. However, near the end, they began to have more individualized markings, like the red logo on the Clone Walker's pilot. Another example would be the Clone Pilots, which have a blueish uniform, signifying that they are trained for flying. Yet another example is how Bly's (Yellow) troopers all have yellow markings. It's kind of an identification thing.

Ok, I'll explain this out. Mind you, I'm not an encyclopedia of Star Wars knowledge, but I got this.

Commander Cody is in the Clone Juggernaut Tank set. He doesn't look exactly like the Cody we will see in the theaters, but he will have a striking resemblance. He's the guy with the yellowey-orange markings and the shoulder armour. It wouldn't be Bly because Bly has the armoured skirt, and the minifig is not.

The Clone in the Clone Walker is NOT Neyo, NOR is he a commander at all. He is a clone which sports the symbol of the commander or group he's in. You see, things have changed from the Clone Wars. They started out to have anynomus markings, which were similar all around. However, near the end, they began to have more individualized markings, like the red logo on the Clone Walker's pilot. Another example would be the Clone Pilots, which have a blueish uniform, signifying that they are trained for flying. Yet another example is how Bly's (Yellow) troopers all have yellow markings. It's kind of an identification thing.

1.cody is on utapua with kenobi

2.cody dosnt have a shoulder pauldron

That is a genius idea. ;)

Seriously tho guys it is that simple. He looks better without the shoulder dude on anyway

For the luuva, ok then. Sure, he doesn't have a shoulder pauldron, but you have to imagine that that cape piece wasn't used Sandtrooper set and think that it is a SOLID shoulder piece. Besides, last time I checked, Cody does have different shoulder pads then other clone troopers, so it would be illogical to have no different shoulder recognition technique. Here's a reference image.

Clone Wars

other0rh.jpg

And here's a pic of Commander Cody from the movie.

img_commandercody_img02.jpg

See? He does have shoulder pads.

And on another note, so what if he's not on Karrashak (Never could spell that...)? You don't see Mace Winde running around with the wookies! He's on the Coruscant resting up after the Separatists captured the Chancellor. Also, Lego just want to stick in these figures. If that's the way it has to be to get a Mace Windu or Commander Cody, then that's they way it' going to be. There's about a million things I can nit-pick about these sets, but I'm not complaining. They may have given us the wrong figures with sets, but it's Lego. I can constuct my own "Epic Conversation" scene between Cody an Kenobi using the parts from the Clone Juggernaut Tank.

Guys, there have been threads popping up eveywhere lately, most of them are all about related topics. So I am going to merge a few together to make it easier to follow the discussions.

If you are wondering where a topic has gone, it has probably been merged by me :) And if you want a reason then.. well, to "Avoid any confusion" ;) Plus I am meant to be the Forum technician, so I need to do something technical!

Jon.

For the luuva, ok then. Sure, he doesn't have a shoulder pauldron, but you have to imagine that that cape piece wasn't used Sandtrooper set and think that it is a SOLID shoulder piece. Besides, last time I checked, Cody does have different shoulder pads then other clone troopers, so it would be illogical to have no different shoulder recognition technique. Here's a reference image.

Clone Wars

other0rh.jpg

And here's a pic of Commander Cody from the movie.

img_commandercody_img02.jpg

See? He does have shoulder pads.

And on another note, so what if he's not on Karrashak (Never could spell that...)? You don't see Mace Winde running around with the wookies! He's on the Coruscant resting up after the Separatists captured the Chancellor. Also, Lego just want to stick in these figures. If that's the way it has to be to get a Mace Windu or Commander Cody, then that's they way it' going to be. There's about a million things I can nit-pick about these sets, but I'm not complaining. They may have given us the wrong figures with sets, but it's Lego. I can constuct my own "Epic Conversation" scene between Cody an Kenobi using the parts from the Clone Juggernaut Tank.

I said PAULDRON not PADS

Calm down, lego2000 - just enough so you can read the post before you get mad at it. ;)

He said:

'For the luuva, ok then. Sure, he doesn't have a shoulder pauldron, but you have to imagine that that cape piece wasn't used Sandtrooper set and think that it is a SOLID shoulder piece. Besides, last time I checked, Cody does have different shoulder pads then other clone troopers, so it would be illogical to have no different shoulder recognition technique.'

He's suggesting that LEGO used the pauldron in place of pads, and I think he's right.

Man why did this get merged?

Now everyone is talking about Cody and I think everyone has forgot about the BARC troopers.

WHAT THE HELL DOES WANTING MORE BARC TROOPERS HAVE TO DO WITH CODY???

Ok, let's combine the two - BARCs and Commanders! Check this set idea out for size.

Clone Betrayal 400 pieces, $39.99

Three scenes: two BARCs sneaking up on Yoda in a swampy area, Commander Cody turning on Obi-Wan with a normal clone nearby with some scenery, and Anakin in the Jedi Temple with some building-type scenery, another Jedi, and two of his blue-marked clones.

God I hate it when mods get bored and fiddle with threads.

Mine was up first anyway.

God I hate it when mods get bored and fiddle with threads.

Mine was up first anyway.

I think he did it because both of them turned into talking about Cody, really.

Mine wasn't about COdy when he merged it. I brought it back on topic.

So now everyone is talking about what the hell precious cody looks like and my thread has been pushed to the bottom(thanks for adding the replies ON TOP of mine Jonfett) and no one gives a megablock about BARCs anymore. Great