Elostirion

[G:D10, U vs DK] Stopping Reincarnation

The Desert King sent out some of his warriors and a wizard to find an old crypt and bringt some of his powerful companions from 2000 years ago back to Historica. High Centurion was glad when he heard the news that some of his soldiers had arrived just in time to put an end to this unholy act of the Desert King's followers!

16899124895_7471b50643_c.jpg

16899126695_429a11110e_n.jpg - 16711474738_3c7cfbbbc1_n.jpg - 16897893542_932af4db31_n.jpg

Builders Note: While I am really happy with the build itself, I don't like the minfigure placement much at all. Also I expected the illumation-effect of the dark wizard in the cave to come over much better than it does...

From my own experience, it's very hard to photograph light effects, just because by the time you have little enough light from other sources for the one inside the build to be seen well, the picture tends to turn out rather grainy. But :thumbup: for going the extra mile and including them!

Great work on building the entrance into the rockwork! :thumbup:

I also felt that the lighting turned out well, though I do agree with minifig placement. The highlight of the build I feel is the color scheme. Nice job sir!

Wow nice! The rockwork is superb.

Thank you, I am quite happy with how the rocks turned out as well.

Excellent rockwork and cave! Great work on the irregular base too :thumbup:

Thanks, I really wasn't too sure about the base. Glad you like it.

Awesome guerrilla and I like the bloody mess that was left of that guy! :laugh:

Dark red is what we need - always. :-)

Fantastic! This is my favorite build from you. I like the rockwork and the blood :laugh: . I actually think the Minifig placement is pretty good.

Thanks, I also think this is probably my best build so far.

Great rock work! :thumbup:

Thanks, that's how the build started.

From my own experience, it's very hard to photograph light effects, just because by the time you have little enough light from other sources for the one inside the build to be seen well, the picture tends to turn out rather grainy. But :thumbup: for going the extra mile and including them!

Great work on building the entrance into the rockwork! :thumbup:

Knowing myself I guess I won't stop trying to create similar effects in the future. Glad you like the entrance, which is my personal favourite in the build.

It really looks very old!!! Great job!!

:thumbup:

Cool, good to hear I managed to make it look old!

Incredible! I think the lighting turned out great!

Thank you, I guess my effort was good for something then.

I also felt that the lighting turned out well, though I do agree with minifig placement. The highlight of the build I feel is the color scheme. Nice job sir!

Thank you, lego has done a great job introducing all those natural, sandy colours in the past years. Just a pity I have so few of them today.

Interesting idea!

Thank you.

I also think it's a fine build, the rockwork and the minifigs.

Glad to hear, thanks.

Wow, that looks awesome :wub:

The rockwork and the base look great. Moreover I like the way you made the cave :thumbup:

Edited by Balbo

Good build and idea :thumbup:

Nice work on the mountainside, the addition of dark tan slopes is a good touch. The doorway looks cool too and the figs are top notch.

The lighting in the first pic looks pretty erie. I think shooting with a lower exposure would have helped a lot, and using a different color background. From my experience, white backgrounds lead to some overexposure unless checked and washes out light sources in the build. Try a darker background and reducing the exposure. Try shooting in darker settings too, I've found that darker lighting and longer shutter speeds helps enhance the lighting in a MOC.

Edited by MassEditor

Thanks for the other nice feedback.

@MassEditor:

Thank you for the advice on phtotography, I almost feel that this is what my builds currently lack most. I will try with a darker background and give some more thought to the settings of the camera next time.