Sign in to follow this  
2maxwell

[SPC] Cat A - The Flying Gang

For my entry, I present Space-Nassau's feared pirates, "The Flying Gang".

16897713982_112b94f6b6_c.jpg

Captain Black-hole Jack

16711528600_340a910f94_c.jpg

Clever and fearless, Jack Stackem quickly made a name for himself. Or would have if he could come up with one. Intent on rectifying the situation, Stackem set off to find a deadly space anomaly from which he could gain inspiration while also recklessly endangering his crew. After two weeks of searching, Jack was unable to locate such an anomaly. His crew, however, was able to locate a rip in his black shirt and, with it, a fearsome new name for their captain.

Deadward Breach

16712783849_cf9a6e34c8_c.jpg

Shot through the heart in a heated battle with a roving band of glam rockers, Breach was brought back to what the crew is hesitantly calling “life” through the miracle of black magic science. Quartermasters are responsible for disciplining the crew, and Breach is no exception. Though he might not have blood rushing to his brain anymore, he did bring back something special from the other side to help him do the job.

LAN Bonny

16691605807_4fb5f00899_c.jpg

Widowed at an early age and orphaned even earlier, LAN learned quickly to rely on herself. It took many years but, with the guidance of Black-hole Jack, she learned to trust again… in her Mark-18 blaster and shoulder mounted laser cannon. No, LAN is not an android. She just realized that life as a pirate would be easier if she pretended to be an android -with perfect winged eyeliner- rather than a lady.

Doctor Quasar

16897941751_63fc964f1e_c.jpg

Henry “Quasar” Morgan dropped out of medical school for a life of adventure with an unnamed team of space explorers. Unfortunately, though not at all surprisingly, he found space exploration to be a dangerous vocation. Most of his team met their grisly end… not quickly enough. Faced with a change of heart that he insisted was wholly unrelated, Quasar joined Black-hole’s crew as head surgeon. His first choice, foot surgeon, was already taken.

Zedro de la Faser

16897714462_601dcb29d1_c.jpg

Raised in the outer reaches of the Voraxian Empire on Her Majesty’s Earth Colony of Spain, Zedro is the crew’s chipper engineering intern. Figuring that a summer spent helping a less evolved species would look great on his resume, Zedro joined the crew intent on being the perfect human employee: he complains about his boss, loves casual fridays and waikiki wednesdays, and is quick to point out that it’s always happy hour somewhere.

Bartholomew

16897714882_2798175ec3_c.jpg

Bart is a parrot. He is also the cook. No, he is not a very good cook. Give him a break; he’s a parrot.

Edited by 2maxwell

Well done! Bart is my favorite. I like how you used armada helmets as pauldrons.

Aaaaaaaaaaaagh, I'm working on a parrot mech! I like your selection of figures, they have a nice colour scheme and a good mix of space and pirate themes.

Nice - I like Deadward Breach the best especially is fire whip - I'm always envious of anyone who owns those interconnecting flame pieces! Well done on the humorous back-stories too :thumbup:

Thank you all!

Well done! Bart is my favorite. I like how you used armada helmets as pauldrons.

Thanks! When I started with that figure, the helmets as pauldrons were pretty much the only thing (aside from the parrot) that I knew I had to incorporate, so I'm glad you like it.

Aaaaaaaaaaaagh, I'm working on a parrot mech! I like your selection of figures, they have a nice colour scheme and a good mix of space and pirate themes.

I look forward to seeing your parrot mech! The color scheme happened on accident at first, but once I noticed it, I decided to play it up.

Nice - I like Deadward Breach the best especially is fire whip - I'm always envious of anyone who owns those interconnecting flame pieces! Well done on the humorous back-stories too :thumbup:

Oh do they not make them anymore or something? Because those used to be pretty common. Either way, I'm sure you could pick up a bunch for not much on bricklink. And thank you! The figures only took a few days but the backstories took some more time haha.

I really like this crew. They all look unique and yet they look like they belong as together as a team.

Well done!

The color scheme happened on accident at first, but once I noticed it, I decided to play it up.

Yes, well, everyone knows that black + red = awesome. Regular LOLs in this one, great stories. The parrot is definitely the best.